Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Speeding ticket (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/15212-speeding-ticket.html)

Giddyup 19-09-2007 03:16 PM

well yeah obviously. But, if its getting close, you should be weary of it neither the less.

Smokey 19-09-2007 04:08 PM

i saw some solar ones recently with pretty lights and stuff
no excuses then, fair both ways

ImPreSiV 19-09-2007 04:17 PM

yeah ive seen electronic ones that flash when its a 40 zone... so if its flashing, then its obvious you should be doing 40, if its not, 50 it is!!

Contend it!

jEstEr? 19-09-2007 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=Smokey]i saw some solar ones recently with pretty lights and stuff
no excuses then, fair both ways[/QUOTE]

rocko has them

DOCILE 19-09-2007 06:11 PM

Bloody rediculous having a time zone for school zone limits. Should be one speed no matter what time of the day it is. having school age kids myself I would like to see them 20kmh all day everyday. School zones arent that big really so a little inconvenience for a few people is a small price to pay to know there is a little less chance a kid is going to get skittled.... If people speed in school zones they deserve what ever they get :sad11:

Smokey 19-09-2007 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=DOCILE]Bloody rediculous having a time zone for school zone limits. Should be one speed no matter what time of the day it is. having school age kids myself I would like to see them 20kmh all day everyday. School zones arent that big really so a little inconvenience for a few people is a small price to pay to know there is a little less chance a kid is going to get skittled.... If people speed in school zones they deserve what ever they get :sad11:[/QUOTE]

How does 20km in a school zone at 10pm help kids? :P
I remember when i was at school, the place had cleared out by 3:01pm, and we got out at 3 :) Last place kids want to be after school is near school

jEstEr? 19-09-2007 06:24 PM

20kmh at 3am on sunday morning ? thats a bit fucking stupid dont you think ?
besides, 80% of people caught in school zones are parents of children in that school.

DOCILE 19-09-2007 06:29 PM

As long as there is a time restriction on a speed zone there are going to be people argueing about what time they were caught, maybe 20 is a bit extreme but to have school zones at 40 for part of the day then 50 for another hardly seems worth it.

BALISTC 19-09-2007 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]I would contend it. Who says the coppers watch was correct? Yours said 7:28 I'm sure. Let them prove it otherwise. I normally wait till 740ish before I start giving fines.[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered what would happen if you were pinged 2 mins overtime...because watches DO vary slightly!!

I'm with you though Dan...if I was a copper, I'd give them 5-10 mins on my watch (unless the guy was blatantly doing double the speed limit or something ridiculous, then I'd ream him :D)

Elrico 19-09-2007 06:31 PM

Well, personally i see alot of what people call "soccer mums" speeding through school zones.Which is pathetic seeing as they have kids of their own!