Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Speeding ticket (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/15212-speeding-ticket.html)

perthzed 19-09-2007 09:50 AM

Speeding ticket

Got done this morning, 52 in a school zone. It's normally a 50, but becomes a 40 at 7.30am. The time on my ticket says 7.32.. and crime spirals out of control...

DarkMoose 19-09-2007 10:01 AM

Still the law :) Remember to disclose that to your insurance company if they take infringments ;)

Giddyup 19-09-2007 10:09 AM

I would contend it. Who says the coppers watch was correct? Yours said 7:28 I'm sure. Let them prove it otherwise. I normally wait till 740ish before I start giving fines.

WRXTASY 19-09-2007 10:20 AM

Yeah but you're a good reasonable piggy... well most of the time that is until you reveal the Prison Break plots prior to screening!!!!!...

GRRRRR!!!!

Giddyup 19-09-2007 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=WRXTASY]Yeah but you're a good reasonable piggy... well most of the time that is until you reveal the Prison Break plots prior to screening!!!!!...

GRRRRR!!!![/QUOTE]

Speakin of which, I watched the 1st ep of season 3 this morning. Looks pretty good.

jEstEr? 19-09-2007 10:22 AM

im glad you moved, i was waiting for the day you pinged me outside my own house

westoz 19-09-2007 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]I would contend it. Who says the coppers watch was correct? Yours said 7:28 I'm sure. Let them prove it otherwise. I normally wait till 740ish before I start giving fines.[/QUOTE]

Haha..... yeh Dan, I tried that one.... I got pinged at 71 in a 70 zone two Easters ago on the only working (ie school) day of the Easter campaign that year (2005) at 7.35am. There was NO-ONE around except me and the multanova guy outside a still closed school, at a time when my kids were still in bed!

Result was $250 and 8 points (double demerit special).

nang3 19-09-2007 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]I would contend it. Who says the coppers watch was correct? Yours said 7:28 I'm sure. Let them prove it otherwise. I normally wait till 740ish before I start giving fines.[/QUOTE]

eggzackley !!!
whose to say whose watch is correct, and if there are any rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty regarding the accuracy of either parties time keeping skills, you should walk.. Innocent til proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, like it should be.

Giddyup 19-09-2007 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=westoz]Haha..... yeh Dan, I tried that one.... I got pinged at 71 in a 70 zone two Easters ago on the only working (ie school) day of the Easter campaign that year (2005) at 7.35am. There was NO-ONE around except me and the multanova guy outside a still closed school, at a time when my kids were still in bed!

Result was $250 and 8 points (double demerit special).[/QUOTE]

Yeah wayne, but that was a camera mate. This is a hand written one. Who says someones watch was a little fast?? Thats all Im sayin. MInd you, signs are on both sides of the road showing the start of the new zone so you should prolly pay more attention anyway.

trainwrex 19-09-2007 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=Giddyup]Yeah wayne, but that was a camera mate. This is a hand written one. Who says someones watch was a little fast?? Thats all Im sayin. MInd you, signs are on both sides of the road showing the start of the new zone so you should prolly pay more attention anyway.[/QUOTE]

yeh but those signs dont matter dan, if he was before 7.30am.. hahahahhaha