Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Halo 3 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/15309-halo-3-a.html)

TopGear 29-09-2007 12:24 PM

Told ya to go to JB Hifi :p always have plenty of everything.

Steve_Richards 29-09-2007 12:59 PM

Nice one Huy :)
Got to love JB....they have everything. What it set you back?
I want to get into the co-op play now......not many of my mates are into video games......loosers hahaha.
Enjoy the game and the footy, spare a thought for me because I am at work :(

mr_psi 29-09-2007 01:03 PM

what are you playing it on? pc..??

Steve_Richards 29-09-2007 01:03 PM

halo 3 is only out on xbox 360 yeah??

Fozzy 29-09-2007 01:44 PM

If only i didnt have a wife

SKMREX 29-09-2007 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=Steve_Richards]yeah i haven't cranked out live yet.......to busy trying to finish it.....I want to try finish it on legendary but those little flood head things rape your shield...and you get violated by the other fukers with guns and shit.
does anyone know if you can play co-op online?[/QUOTE]
yeh they do hammer you. you can play co-op online I think you can have up to 16 players in co-op. I have played it online with 3 people

Steve_Richards 29-09-2007 02:11 PM

danm those wives!!!!!

Steve_Richards 29-09-2007 02:13 PM

is it good fun online? better than the solo game?

SKMREX 29-09-2007 08:12 PM

it awesome online . I like campaign with other players. slayer matches are good aswell as rumble pit matches

Elrico 30-09-2007 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=Fozzy]If only i didnt have a wife[/QUOTE]

I smell a Halo 3 devorce coming on.

Huy 30-09-2007 05:45 PM

Started this morning. Pretty good so far! I guess after playing Gears of War you expect more from the graphics, but the gameplay and fun-factor of all the Halo games remains.

Pew pew!

charlie 30-09-2007 07:03 PM

i played a bit of halo 3 today actually, in JB....
owned some random lol!

its pretty much like halo 2, then again i didnt actually play the storyline on halo 3
nice graphics tho!

V3 RA 04-10-2007 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=Huy]Started this morning. Pretty good so far! I guess after playing Gears of War you expect more from the graphics, but the gameplay and fun-factor of all the Halo games remains.

Pew pew![/QUOTE]

what?? graphics on halo 3 are stunning and the cinematics are awesome too..i believe it was reviewed almost a perfect ten but it didnt make the grade because the game was too short

by now i gather most of you have completed it...

any speculation as to a halo 4?? its pretty set up for it imo
but i believe halo wars is next for the halo saga more a strategy game like cc generals etc im already looking forward to it haha

Brendan08 04-10-2007 10:37 PM

OK OK! Started on the weekend. But, like most of you noobs starting on Normal or easy...i have stepped it up and started on heroic...let me just say.................fuck its hard!

Huy 05-10-2007 07:00 AM

[QUOTE=evo 298]what?? graphics on halo 3 are stunning and the cinematics are awesome too..i believe it was reviewed almost a perfect ten but it didnt make the grade because the game was too short

by now i gather most of you have completed it...

any speculation as to a halo 4?? its pretty set up for it imo
but i believe halo wars is next for the halo saga more a strategy game like cc generals etc im already looking forward to it haha[/QUOTE]

Actually i haven't played all week. Too farkin' busy at work and too rooted to play. I plan to play all weekend. :) I must say i found some of the stages pretty hard on normal, haha. I must be shit. Been a while since i played #2, though.

Have you played Gears of War? The graphics on that game are stunning. On a big 50" screen in high def = very naice!!

V3 RA 06-10-2007 01:39 AM

[QUOTE=Huy]Actually i haven't played all week. Too farkin' busy at work and too rooted to play. I plan to play all weekend. :) I must say i found some of the stages pretty hard on normal, haha. I must be shit. Been a while since i played #2, though.

Have you played Gears of War? The graphics on that game are stunning. On a big 50" screen in high def = very naice!![/QUOTE]

yeah the flood level rescuing cortana is fucking gay on normal havent played on heroic yet...heroic is a good balance of gung-ho blow em up and sneaky strategic play

gears of war was the first game i bought on 360...very good game i must admit and graphics were good, i think im blinded by my unmatched love for Halo haha...wish i had a 50" TV blew my money on the wrx haha, ever played it on a projector?? got the old boy to steal it from work for a couple of nights and nothing beats playing it on a whole wall haha :toothy12:

Huy 06-10-2007 07:40 AM

Man, i played that Flood level last night. WTF! That is the most retarded level i have ever played. I hate the Flood, they ruin the game. I just smashed my way through with the Elite blade, and duel wielded plasma's, haha! I was trying very hard because Cortana sounds sexy and i wanted to find her. :eusa_danc

One weapon i do like is the huge axe thing. I prefer hitting them rather than shooting. :o

the kiwi 06-10-2007 09:50 AM

[url]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2304-Zero-Punctuation-Halo-3[/url]

V3 RA 07-10-2007 02:44 AM

[QUOTE=Huy]Man, i played that Flood level last night. WTF! That is the most retarded level i have ever played. I hate the Flood, they ruin the game. I just smashed my way through with the Elite blade, and duel wielded plasma's, haha! I was trying very hard because Cortana sounds sexy and i wanted to find her. :eusa_danc

One weapon i do like is the huge axe thing. I prefer hitting them rather than shooting. :o[/QUOTE]

its fucking gay but the flood are integral to the story line so ill let them go...shot gun ftw against flood! those spider things that crawl on teh wallsa dn shoot spines out of their backs at you are stupid, they pissed me off so much!
teh brute gravity hammer?? i reckon nothing beats unscope sniping kills and sticks especially in multi player... id much prefer to shoot the enemy than melee them :D

Huy 07-10-2007 09:18 AM

Haha, nah, i prefer to smash em'. :D Yeah those spider things shat me off, too.

I watched this video of some dude playing live, and it's unbelievable how good he is, ie. sniper multiple people in the head while jumping and running. WTF!!
I'll try to find the link.

V3 RA 07-10-2007 04:53 PM

yeah there are guys on Halo 2 live who are the most ridiculous players ever but that game had button glitches etc which could be exploited by the elite players to pretty much make them unbeatable... sniper rifle isnt as good on H 3 and the other weapons are stronger making it a fairer fight for those with out the power weapons (aka sniper, rockets sword)
needler is almost too good in my opinion, have you had a fight against anyone while you both are using energy swords if you lunge att he same time you clash swords and get blown backwards its so cool and much more realistic instead of 50-50 to who gets the kill on halo 2

me and 2 mates give everyone a fair crack on live, we dominate our friends at system link we win by 20 kills 3 of us v 5 of them... we are going to try 3 v 9 next and see how we go haha

Cooper89 17-05-2009 01:24 PM

EVO 298 what is your GT?! Mine is UNSC Coopera

doadrift 17-05-2009 01:44 PM

Dude necropost ftl haha

V3 RA 17-05-2009 02:01 PM

GT = Bulllet Theory

i dont get on much anymore. my xbox is fucked and busy with work and uni, i was ranked in the top 150 in aus but its probably slipped now.

Cooper89 17-05-2009 02:47 PM

Oh that sucks your box is broken. Top 150 in aus? even if you were ranked 144 you'd still be reaaally good!

Im crying atm because i know im almost upto doing Cortana on legendary =[[

V3 RA 17-05-2009 04:06 PM

its just annoying cos my connection isnt great and i play on yellow bar agains americans and i dont even get full green from aus adsl 2+

id kill for yank speeds!

that level is fucking annoying, read the walkthrough online or something to help you trhough it.

RichX 17-05-2009 04:17 PM

I needa get this game, there are copies on ebay for $38bux + postage at the moment.

Cooper89 17-05-2009 07:04 PM

thats a good price. Get it! And start campaign right away on Legendary, to save time :P