Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007, 11:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Köura at standard level
Default The mighty UAZ hunter

I'd just like to share a driving experience I had today.

First off, our company owns several UAZ hunters, a russian made jeep thingee. Check out the website Here .

I was lucky enough to take one out into the dirt today up into the far reaches of out tenement, in the mountain ranges near Iran.

The one I drove today has done about 8000k's and I'd never struggled to keep a car in a straight line before. The car constantly fought every move I made!

Even turning a corner is is mission. you have to struggle to drive these things. The brakes are shit, the steering has about 30-50 degrees play before the wheels turn. Even the gear knob rattles (remember this how they are when they drive off the assembly line!). They don't even come with seat belts.

The engine is a funny one. 2.5 turbo diesel and it loves to rev out. It's a shame it's impossible to control the power. I actually think the grunt is the only good thing about it.

So anyone ever driven one of these beasts? Or any Russian creation like a Vula or Lada? please share your experience.

Tags
hunter, mighty, uaz