Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   whats hot (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/16521-whats-hot.html)

scoobygez 22-11-2007 06:32 PM

whats hot

hopefully this will turn into a poll.....

please bear in mind we have to find work and we dont want to live in a rough area nor do we want a posh area either....

May i also add any suggestion areas will be looked into also :cool: :cool:

Kato 22-11-2007 06:37 PM

Should have made the thread a poll?

Make sure you add a 'I don't like any of these suburbs'

Edit: I'd seriously be looking at the distance these suburbs are from anywhere, depending on your job outlook. i.e. Butler is no where near the freeway - major pain in the ass to get anywhere.

JDM_STYLE 22-11-2007 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=scoobygez]hopefully this will turn into a poll.....

medina

butler

clarkson

joondalup[/QUOTE]

There all hot at the moment, it was 35 today haha. (smart arse) :D

Id go Joodalup or Clarkson, really nice up there.

Medina = Ghetto

Hurtenstein 22-11-2007 06:40 PM

What do you do for work?

scoobygez 22-11-2007 06:42 PM

joiner/wood machinest :) :)

the mrs a care assistant :) :)

SPEC IV 22-11-2007 06:51 PM

Aveley is a new suburb ...new houses for sale etc.... also known as The Vale people think its out in the sticks :rolleyes: but it takes me 15mins to get to work in the morning which is in Marangaroo.

Father in-law is the foreman at a company called Australian Boxes and Crates always looking for new employees because they can't keep-up with the demand ;)

Thats my 5 cents

JDM_STYLE 22-11-2007 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=evo4clubspec]Aveley is a new suburb ...new houses for sale etc.... also known as The Vale people think its out in the sticks :rolleyes: but it takes me 15mins to get to work in the morning which is in Marangaroo.

Father in-law is the foreman at a company called Australian Boxes and Crates always looking for new employees because they can't keep-up with the demand ;)

Thats my 5 cents[/QUOTE]

Vale is bordering Ellenbrook and costs $100k more than Ellenbrook, go figure?

Ellenbrook is nice and doesnt take long to get to Morley galleria, got quite a few mates live there.

phizzle 22-11-2007 07:33 PM

I'm assuming you'll do the smart thing and rent for a little while so you can get a good look around? I suggest trying suburbs about 20kms from the CBD. These will all be close to major arterial roads/hwy's which makes getting around easier both to have a look around and get to work. Chances are these will also be close to the places you and your partner will find work too. Plenty of cabinet makers required in the classified and there is always work for carers so you should have little trouble picking up some work, we don't like bludging poms anyway :p

Suburbs to consider: Swan View/Stratton/Midland/Viveash over to the east (the foothills), Duncraig/Hillarys/Karrinyup to the north and another 10mins further north are Joondalup and slightly further Clarkson, Bullcreek to the south, and if you want something a bit closer to the city have a geez at Como and Mt Lawley but these will both be $350+ p/w for a 3x1 with little to no back or front yard :)

scoobygez 22-11-2007 07:40 PM

yeah deffo gonnna rent for a while will check out thoses places now on housing websites....

cheers pal :)

TopGear 22-11-2007 07:54 PM

I dont like it up the coast there is like a sea of roofs :p

ImPreSiV 22-11-2007 08:31 PM

Clarkson and Butler are newer area's. So you can get nice newish homes. But it is pretty popular, so housing can be a little expensive, but not more than the avg. house prices for Perth.

As Kato mentioned, they are a fair distance from the city, but that shouldn't concern you. If your wife(?) is in the childcare business, there are lots of new families up that way, with young kids and school's, which means, there are a few childcare places too. Might be easy for her to find work up there.

I live in Joondalup, and work in the CBD, and I travel by train to the city every day. Takes me just under 1 hour to get from my front door to my work, which includes about a 10-15min walk at each end. So basically, its only 25ish mins on the train from Joondalup station. Clarkson has its own train station, which is 2 stops north of Joondalup, so add an extra 10mins at the most. Fuck all really.

My vote is for Butler, Northern-most suburb, but in reality, its new, houses are decently priced, nice community based suburb with lots of parks and lakes for the kids to run around... (when/if that happens, unless it already has)

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 08:50 PM

Ok. Coming from the UK, your pound converts well. To be able to give you a good answer of where to live, we need to know. Do you have any children? What sort of lifestyle are you after? What are you looking at spending? etc...........everyone will BAT their own area but without knowing detail my opinion is look in Greenwood from what I have read of your threads so far. Older style housing than can be had at a good price and in a decent location, look at Padbury, a bit run down but good subburbs either side. Both are good for public transport etc......

ImPreSiV 22-11-2007 08:51 PM

^^ the man has a point... plus he is still naming north of the river suburbs.. coz he's a local too. NOR pride!!

TopGear 22-11-2007 08:52 PM

yeah coming from the UK wouldnt a trip from Butler to the City seems like an *ucking long journy?

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]^^ the man has a point... plus he is still naming north of the river suburbs.. coz he's a local too. NOR pride!![/QUOTE]
LOL never been south of the river.................is there such a thing? I only know south of Mandurah, everything else is a black HOLE :d

Anyway back on topic

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 08:55 PM

[QUOTE=TopGear]yeah coming from the UK wouldnt a trip from Butler to the City seems like an *ucking long journy?[/QUOTE]
ah have you travelled on their freeways? It would feel like walking to your nearest deli.

scoobygez 22-11-2007 09:44 PM

ok quick low down guys....

we are aged me 31 the wife 27 and one little lad aged 7

we will have about $ 150.000k realistically to put down on a house dont want to big of a morgage i aint too fussed about work as long as we can pay our bills ther wife wants to work in careing ie old folks (mental patients) etc homes.

we would like school fairly close soi the wife can take little un to school i dont mind driving upto an away for work and nothing else really we live a simple life now and just want it a bit simpler there!!

ImPreSiV 22-11-2007 09:54 PM

Butler then. School's lots of places for the kiddy to run a muck, other kids for her to become friends with, house prices around $400k, so you will need a $250k mortgage, which you can do easily... new mental hospital being built in joondalup soon (i know coz my mum is a psychiatric patient, i mean nurse)

sorted :)

see u at the pub!

BLUES 22-11-2007 10:12 PM

Medina is a shit hole!

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 10:15 PM

Try Clarkson mate you should get somewhere nice for about 400-450 there. Otherwise look south, but plenty of poms north of Joondalup so I reckon you all stay up there, had my best games of cricket against Joondalup :D:D:D

Just Joking.......Best of luck to your family mate. See you round when your settled.

vyper 22-11-2007 10:19 PM

SOR - Try Cockburn. New apartments to be had near gateways in the next couple of yrs - Keep an eye out :).

Not sure if it's your thing. But they will be located directly opposite (30 second walk) from the new train station, and a 2 minute walk to gateway's shopping centre. Local ameneties are great, and there are schools nearby (Beeliar, Emmanuel College, etc.)

Nearby are parks, community library, etc for the little one. It's a cosy and established community.

For your wife it would be a 15 minute train trip to South St. Add a 5 minute walk to that and she will be at SJOG Hospital in Murdoch. For yourself (assuming you may work in the city) - Maybe 30 - 40 minute train ride.

scoobygez 22-11-2007 10:20 PM

yeah i like the diea of clarkson too she will find work easy its just me i think?? got the estate agents coming round this afternoon getting a price on house and may have it on market for weekend!!

$250k morage :( :( :) :) :) dont know if i like the sound of that?? is that an average morgage??? coz it seems like a lot lol!!

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 10:21 PM

LOL 250k with 7% interest rate is fark all! Wait until Krudd and Swan take over!!!!!!!

scoobygez 22-11-2007 10:43 PM

so its not alot then???

what would roughly weekly payments be???

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 11:04 PM

On 250k, I am guessing 1700 a month..............

scoobygez 22-11-2007 11:11 PM

so its not too bad i think?? think i will be earning around $18 dollars a hr and the mrs around $10 phr

think we are gonna choose clarkson now :) :)

just hope there is work nearby there!!!

lookin at somat like this?? dont think we will get a pool under $450???
[url]http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=104432260&f=50&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&c=15451308&s=wa&tm=1195740322[/url]

gumby 22-11-2007 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=scoobygez]so its not alot then???

what would roughly weekly payments be???[/QUOTE]

Heres a rather rough guide......
[url]http://www.commbank.com.au/tools/homeloancalc.asp[/url]

scoobygez 22-11-2007 11:15 PM

cheers for that my payments will be $2100!!!

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 11:23 PM

What do you do mate? You have a trade?

scoobygez 22-11-2007 11:25 PM

yeah joiner/wood machinest

BOMB3R 22-11-2007 11:28 PM

I know nothing about your industry but would expect that you will pick up a bit more than 18p/h mate if your qualified.........anyway good luck dude.

scoobygez 22-11-2007 11:43 PM

oh i see lol!!
Thats good then i think??

yeah fully qualified and time served also :) :)

teejay 23-11-2007 12:15 AM

Clarkson is a fucking hole too. Some of the stories I hear from the field crews working out there makes me never want to have to go there let alone live there.

Joondalup FTW out of that list. Almost self serving in terms of goods and services, courts etc uni all up there.

JA50N 23-11-2007 01:09 AM

[QUOTE=teejay]Clarkson is a fucking hole too. Some of the stories I hear from the field crews working out there makes me never want to have to go there let alone live there.

Joondalup FTW out of that list. Almost self serving in terms of goods and services, courts etc uni all up there.[/QUOTE]

Joondalup > Westminster

teejay 23-11-2007 01:19 AM

Definitely, but if you said Clarkson > Westminster I would have been sending the straight jacket people around.

Westminster is still undervalued considering its 12km from the CBD :)

ImPreSiV 23-11-2007 06:32 AM

$18p/h and $10p/h... heh, I think you have ur conversions wrong.

For your mrs: [url]http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/healthcare/[/url]

Your you: [url]http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/trades/[/url]

Avg full time working week in Australia is 38 hours. So you can work out an hourly rate from that roughly.

matthews 23-11-2007 06:35 AM

SOR - I would look around Baldivis way - close to medina. New area and close to nice beaches. NOR is a shit hole.

matthews 23-11-2007 06:37 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]$18p/h and $10p/h... heh, I think you have ur conversions wrong.

For your mrs: [url]http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/healthcare/[/url]

Your you: [url]http://content.mycareer.com.au/salary-centre/trades/[/url]

Avg full time working week in Australia is 38 hours. So you can work out an hourly rate from that roughly.[/QUOTE]

I think that rate is about 20k out. I own a cabinet making business and i can tell that none of the standard tradesman get any where near that average wage.

ImPreSiV 23-11-2007 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=matthews]SOR - I would look around Baldivis way - close to medina. New area and close to nice beaches. NOR is a shit hole.[/QUOTE]

oh hi, and welcome to Perth-WRX. NOR is a shit hole eh? Comin from an Armadale local? :rolleyes:

scoobygez 23-11-2007 06:54 AM

cant always go off national averages though........

as nice as it would be!!!