Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Sure its not lawn beatles? They cause the lawn to look exactly the same. Best way to test is wet hessian sack overnight (over the dead areas) and you'll see them when you lift sack up.
Lawn beetles are a huge issue at the moment. This could well be the case. How big are the areas? I.e. is your dog pissing out 3 times it body weight or is it only a small area?

Every summer you should throw a selective herbicide down followed by an insecticide followed by some fertiliser.

I usually cheat and put down two lots of fertiliser. I.e. one at the beginning to get the weeds firing and drinking the herbicide and then they drop off faster aswell.

Brendon
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
Lawn beetles are a huge issue at the moment. This could well be the case. How big are the areas? I.e. is your dog pissing out 3 times it body weight or is it only a small area?

Every summer you should throw a selective herbicide down followed by an insecticide followed by some fertiliser.

I usually cheat and put down two lots of fertiliser. I.e. one at the beginning to get the weeds firing and drinking the herbicide and then they drop off faster aswell.

Brendon
Tell me about the lawn beetles, I have treated my lawn twice in the last 3 months, water in the poison and the next day the lawn was covered in the little f-ckers!!

At least the birds get a feed
Old 10-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Sign me up!
WRX Hi Five Club

thommo at standard level

Hey guys just seen this thread... if you can see the black beetles on your lawn it is already too late to do anything about them as it is the lava that do the damage not the beetle it's self.

As for the dog piss try feeding the dogs eggs for a week or so I can remember being taught that eggs will stop the burn.
With the eggs can't remember how they were or if it was the whites or yolks or what but, try feeding them hard boiled one chopped up to start with and see how it goes.

With fert guys look at the three numbers on the bag, N-P-K most of the fert you will will have the same ratio annalsys 8-1-4 this is a standard thing basically the higher the first number in the sequence the higher the growth rate (more growth) you will get due to this being the nitrogen content of the fert.

With Kyk I would spray I first then did it out. The reason to spray it first is so the roundup (glyphosate) can travel back into the plant and kill more of it. If it does not kill it, it will certainly retard the growth for a while.

Just as a matter of curiosity just wondering what you do with yourself Brendon and where you work.

Thommo
Old 10-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Nah the egg thing wont really work BUT raw egg will give puppy a healthy coat, especially if your feeding them a decent food (which pal certainly isnt!)

Another thing with fertilizing lawns is that if your fertilize it you HAVE to mow it regularly or else you'll find when you do it'll be brown and dry underneath because its not getting any sun. People dont cause they think its nice and green and when they do get around to mowing it, it looks shit underneath. And its back to the start.

Bunnings etc are ok if you KNOW what your after but if you need help, you probably aint gonna get decent service these days (EDIT: kristian is a bloody good example it seems)

Last edited by Mat; 10-12-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Nah the egg thing wont really work BUT raw egg will give puppy a healthy coat, especially if your feeding them a decent food (which pal certainly isnt!)

I have been told if you feed your dog rice with their regular food it reduces the burning of the grass when they piss.

+1 for PAL being shit..... TUCKER TIME +++
Old 10-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

straight.cut at standard level

watchout for bayles it could stain ur paving if u get it on there because it contains iron traces
Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight.cut
watchout for bayles it could stain ur paving if u get it on there because it contains iron traces
Of course it will as iron's a trace element so most* lawn fertilizers will cause exactly the same problems, so its just not the bayles ones... I guess its a bit like colouring in back in primary school. Cant go outside the lines

* fertilizers for new lawns generally dont have trace elements in them, but lots of organic stuff instead (blood and bone) and lower levels of nitrogen, phosphate, Potassium.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Banned

trustr me use the UREA its the best shit out in my opinion i work at bunning the other shit is slow release and takes sooo freking long
Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level

Is that what u advise at bunnings?

Lots of urea and its 46% nitrogren? slow release FTL to. Customers dont want to wait, they want to green that lawn right up. Customers be loving you when they are walking on lush green lawns

I always use urea, NPK and weed and feed together. 4 handfuls of each per square metre! Lawns love it when your generous like that.

Last edited by Mat; 10-12-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

yeah NKP+UREA ftw

Tags
fertilizer, lawn