Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   speeding fine question (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/17008-speeding-fine-question.html)

Makavel 17-12-2007 06:53 PM

speeding fine question

just a quick question a got done by a cop with a hand gun 2 months ago now they send me the FINAL DEMAND NOTICE (the lovely blue paper) how much longer can i stretch it out or does this one need to be paid on the due date.

thanks

Michael

DarkMoose 17-12-2007 06:55 PM

Just let them take your lisence till you pay it, that way it can last as long as you want.

impresser 17-12-2007 07:32 PM

Well i still have two outstanding in Darwin since 99 haven't caught up with me yet
Mabye thats why i seem to be moving all the time :)

DEDLYWEPN 17-12-2007 07:45 PM

next will be one with court fees which you would definitely wanna pay by that due date!!! Had 2 of those.

westoz 17-12-2007 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=Makavel]just a quick question a got done by a cop with a hand gun 2 months ago now they send me the FINAL DEMAND NOTICE (the lovely blue paper) how much longer can i stretch it out or does this one need to be paid on the due date.

thanks

Michael[/QUOTE]
Next step is a summons to court upon non-payment. The time it takes will be the date on your final demand notice, plus one week minimum, plus postage time. You can then go to court (don't disobey the summons) and plead not guilty upon which a court date will be set. By this time, you will have dragged it out about as much as you can, short of going to appeal... There is a point at which demerit points are allocated (despite the presumption of innocence law) but not sure when this happens.

ImPreSiV 17-12-2007 09:00 PM

Cimo, if you don't pay that by the due date you have to wait for the "pay or elect" form, which comes about 4-6 weeks later. I know this because I am in the same boat. I missed the final demand notice date by one day, and they wouldn't take my payment. I rang DPI and they told me to wait for the next letter.

JuniorWrecks 17-12-2007 09:33 PM

Yer i got one of these "Court Order or Pay elect" forms today..

Got done for street drinking on 1st september and i have till 10th jan to pay it.. :)

Is $250 normal for street drinking..??

Hurtenstein 18-12-2007 03:40 AM

[QUOTE=JuniorWrecks]Yer i got one of these "Court Order or Pay elect" forms today..

Got done for street drinking on 1st september and i have till 10th jan to pay it.. :)

Is $250 normal for street drinking..??[/QUOTE]

Tell em you're an abo, they'll let you go.

BOMB3R 18-12-2007 08:59 AM

After the Blue there is a Summons to court notice. Then you can leave that one until they send you a Notice of intention to suspend licence then you have 28 days to pay that. So after the blue notice you probably still have 3 months where you don't need to pay.

I know as I am dragging my fines out atm.

Riggs 18-12-2007 09:26 AM

^^^ Same here, after the blue one you get the one from fines enforcement saying pay up or go to court.

I have let them fly way past their due date (Months). When I get some points back just post in a cheque for it and they send a letter back saying the charge has been droped. Once they have their money they dont give a shit. Typical :rolleyes: