Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoose
Personally i love the way singapore is run, you feel 100% safe when you walk around there.
Well i was borned and rasied in singapore and depending on where u go its not really 100% safe lol. But most part of it is fine, its jus the laws that govern the country that make the public scared...u get fine for chewing gum, spiting on the floor, get hanged for drug use [depending on the amount] lol etc etc
Old 27-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Yeah, and i know nowhere is 100% safe, but i was born in south africa and riased there, so i can tell u, i'd take singapore over sa anyday. Some people say its a 'police' state, but to be honest i think they have it down pat. Lovely clean country and again, i feel 1000000 times safer there than i did back home. Australia has the chance to learn from other countrys and choose its future, take the uk for example, that place is just going downhill every day. SA is worse, and australia is getting worse each year. Just hope some1 comes in and gets pro active.
Old 27-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

Perth seems to be the only city that nice n quiet compared to sydney and melbourne lol
Old 30-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

stockt12 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoose
Don't be so sure, just over 10 years ago it was never that bad, you could catch public transport, walk around and feel safe ect ect, infact i'll go as far to say it was even better than australia is at the moment. If people like crime get out of hand, it can happen to any country, austrlia really needs to wake up and start getting pro active or soon enough, you may find that it will be similar to both south africa or the uk... Personally i love the way singapore is run, you feel 100% safe when you walk around there.

prolly quite a bit more than 10 years ago though mate...

10 years ago, my friend went over there to play basketball... was in the car, had his basketball gear right next to him.. guy walks up, rifle in hand, shoots him in the head, takes his gear... and that's the last i've heard of that case being followed up.
Old 30-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Some entrepreneurs (or gangs) make a pretty good living covering a stretch of road side or parking lot. For about $10 a car these "lads" make you an offer you can't refuse. Seeing as they are on the street for other activities they have very low overheads to recover and people know not to touch protected cars.
Pretty solid business "plan" right there
No overheads, cash in hand, bugger all work actually involved and if your "clients" whinge and complain you shoot them and steal there stuff (no one sees a thing and dead people dont talk)

Tags
africa, parking, protected, south