Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Aussie Aussie Aussie! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/17678-aussie-aussie-aussie.html)

Evo2 26-01-2008 01:43 PM

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Happy frickin Australia day boys!!! :D

So whats everyone got planned ?

I've only got one plan.. BULK drinking is in order! :p

vyper 26-01-2008 01:48 PM

Bbq with mates at my place. Drinking away last night's hangover :D

Evo2 26-01-2008 01:50 PM

sounds just like my plan mate..... an afternoon in the spa with a bottomless esky is the only way to do it! :D

rexhunta 26-01-2008 01:59 PM

listening to the hottest 100 atm, so good live, means we don't have to find out early..

later on heading to town to see the firecrackers, going to work on the datto later on this arvo though with a few bevvies in hand.

BALISTC 26-01-2008 02:11 PM

Sitting at home in the air-con, and thats what I'll be doing for the rest of the day and evening.

I like Australia Day, but I hate the f*ckheads who venture out on Australia Day.

Oh, and if I see one more car with those stupid flapping Aussie flags hanging off the back windows, I'm going to run them off the road....they look gay, they fly off and litter the road, and yes we know its Australia Day you idiot.

If you're not patriotic and respectful of your country every day of the year, a couple of Chinese made flags isn't going to prove it to anyone.

IMPRESHER 26-01-2008 02:12 PM

Too hot to go out , staying indoors and chilling back with ALCOHOL and PS3 ....!!!!! :)

Evo2 26-01-2008 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Sitting at home in the air-con, and thats what I'll be doing for the rest of the day and evening.

I like Australia Day, but I hate the f*ckheads who venture out on Australia Day.

[B]Oh, and if I see one more car with those stupid flapping Aussie flags hanging off the back windows, I'm going to run them off the road....they look gay, [/B] they fly off and litter the road, and yes we know its Australia Day you idiot.

If you're not patriotic and respectful of your country every day of the year, a couple of Chinese made flags isn't going to prove it to anyone.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree anymore!!!! :mad:

Went past Clarkson holden yesterday and every frickin car in the yard had one flapping about. Tossers.

TopGear 26-01-2008 02:28 PM

lol I agree, Its like were becoming more like America.............

FFOUR 26-01-2008 02:38 PM

About to leave and spend the rest of the day on the bosses 80ft boat on the South Perth foreshore.

Agreed about the flags!!

Splat_man 26-01-2008 03:22 PM

im sitting in the air con and about to crack open a drink and then play a bit of PGR4 on the 360

then going to a friends house in darlington which is built into the hill and looks over the city skyline!

[i]almost[/i] as good as what Red_MY04 is doing!

feral 26-01-2008 05:39 PM

south mole fishing all night , but Mr 2 is gaffing

Mat 26-01-2008 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]
Oh, and if I see one more car with those stupid flapping Aussie flags hanging off the back windows, I'm going to run them off the road....they look gay, they fly off and litter the road, and yes we know its Australia Day you idiot.

If you're not patriotic and respectful of your country every day of the year, a couple of Chinese made flags isn't going to prove it to anyone.[/QUOTE]

X3.

If your that patriotic and proud of living in Oz wouldnt u fly the flag EVERY day (we do in our garden near our doorway!). Just sheep who jump on bandwagons.

Working all weekend, might head out for a fish on monday evening but we'll see! Although could always take a sickie! pretty australian isnt it :D

heading to Mindarie and Indi for a few drinks (if i can get a spot in the beergarden) and to watch fireworks. Beats going to city!

ImPreSiV 26-01-2008 06:10 PM

I was in scarborough today, and I counted 43 cars with flags in the short period i was counting, and thats not including cars batlapping and doing multiple passes down the strip..

frustrates me too, but, better to be patriotic, than un-australian..

Mat 26-01-2008 06:12 PM

Just heard there were some issues at Mullaloo park to....

BN01 26-01-2008 06:19 PM

You wouldnt believe the amount of those stupid flags i saw littered along Canning Hwy on my way to work today.

Work tonight, then double-shift again tomorrow. Woo for Australia Day!...

NVRENUF 26-01-2008 06:20 PM

haha funny thing is its mostly the bogan cars who have those damn flags on too. glad i wasnt the only one who was getting pissed eveytime i saw them lol

Foxymophandlmama 26-01-2008 06:46 PM

Bunbury Fireworks tonight woohoo!
OMG the flags, almost as annoying as the bloody tinsel around aerials and bullbars at christmas! Wild Turkey n PS3 ftw here. Do the fireworks with the kids then right back to it. My poor hubby is stuck on a minesite in the middle of S.A...they gave them the day off but nothing to do, yay. Have a good weekend boys n girls.

SPEC IV 26-01-2008 09:04 PM

+100000000000 for the annoying flags.... saw a silver GC8 today with about six of them plastered all around the car whilst driving on Reid HWY

SpitShine 26-01-2008 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Sitting at home in the air-con, and thats what I'll be doing for the rest of the day and evening.

haha well said

doddsy 26-01-2008 10:32 PM

They have the same problem over here with the st georges flag.
Although its not quite the same, im sure somebody could chop this to an aussie flag.

[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/super-roo/stuff/dvlawarning.gif[/img]

SPEC IV 26-01-2008 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=doddsy]They have the same problem over here with the st georges flag.
Although its not quite the same, im sure somebody could chop this to an aussie flag.

[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/super-roo/stuff/dvlawarning.gif[/img][/QUOTE]

Thats gold.... We should enforce that over here!! :p

phizzle 26-01-2008 11:06 PM

Better than all the fukn weagles flags.

Go Bombers!!!

jedi_luke 26-01-2008 11:57 PM

was gonna go to watch fireworks with mates but decided i didnt want to deal with the tools and traffic so went down to hillarys , watched fuck heads fight bouncers at the break water and get there asses kicked :rolleyes:

hottest 100 was good! muse knights of cydonia kicks ass.. i always thought i was the only person that liked that song , i guess not :)

elemist 27-01-2008 12:14 AM

Nothin like a good BBQ and pool party to cellebrate in true aussie fashion. Well that and the bottomless esky of beer!

Hurtenstein 27-01-2008 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=jedi_luke]muse knights of cydonia kicks ass.. i always thought i was the only person that liked that song , i guess not :)[/QUOTE]

I love it! best air guitar song ever.

fmx_rider 27-01-2008 09:40 AM

I worked. I blame the mining boom for it.

I'll have to check out the hottest 100 list...forgot to vote this year.

fmx_rider 27-01-2008 09:42 AM

grrr work has banned triple j on the net.

What was the top 10?

muggz 27-01-2008 10:18 AM

so.. did anyone get into a drunken fit of rage?
or was that the bogans in SOR.... :icon_axe:

Splat_man 27-01-2008 10:43 AM

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_J_Hottest_100%2C_2007[/url]
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Silverchair - Straight Lines *
Kings of Leon - On Call
John Butler Trio - Better Than *
Faker - This Heart Attack *
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Alive 2007)
Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up to Dry
Soko - I'll Kill Her
The Panics - Don't Fight It *

Thats the top 10 ^^

teejay 27-01-2008 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=muggz]so.. did anyone get into a drunken fit of rage?
or was that the bogans in SOR.... :icon_axe:[/QUOTE]

Dude. Mullaloo... NOR - top blokes up there, very Australian, bottled 4 Police Officers.

I worked all day and most of the night. Money > watching people get drunk and fight at the foreshore :)

saturation 27-01-2008 12:28 PM

+1 for the first time in years, went over to a mates and joined the party there instead of going to the foreshore... was awesome. Didnt miss the foreshore at all, couldnt care less about the fireworks too.

BN01 27-01-2008 12:30 PM

What is it with the bogans on Australia Day?

"Im so patriotic, im going to bottle a fellow Aussie just to prove it!" :icon_pidu

teejay 27-01-2008 12:34 PM

Always a hot day

Combine booze

And the mistaking of pride for ego driven macho

And there you go, instant brawl.

Evo2 27-01-2008 12:47 PM

totally agree with saturation... first time in years i didnt attent the foreshore. Was actually great. :D

The fireworks 'were' once good. When i was 12.

jedi_luke 27-01-2008 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=BN01]What is it with the bogans on Australia Day?

"Im so patriotic, im going to bottle a fellow Aussie just to prove it!" :icon_pidu[/QUOTE]

as the kids at hillarys where fighting the security they where cheering aussie aussie aussie oy oy oy :mad: , yer guys real fucking patriotic , im glad the cops showed up and smashed them fucking little cunts
if you are so patriotic why do you wait for one day a year to plaster your car with aussie flags only to act like a goon all day.

next year im gonna take matters into my own hands and bottle them before they can cause trouble , ill wait at the enterance to hillarys and bottle anyone that looks like a goon :D

ImPreSiV 27-01-2008 01:16 PM

this is why I stay home on Australia day. Nice quiet BBQ with close friends. Patriotic cnuts that fire up once a year shit me to tears... I'm as Australian as Bazza and Shazza, but the attitude of some ppl just shits me to tears.

BALISTC 27-01-2008 01:23 PM

Stayed home, had a couple of friends around for dinner, coffee and ice-cream.

Fucking brilliant...didn't have to deal with dicks, and I stayed cool and comfortable with the air-con switched on.

Kato 27-01-2008 01:55 PM

Aaah just got home :D

Nice dinner at Char Char in Freo followed by the awesome fireworks display there. That then continued to a few too many bottles of wine, followed by a few more bottles :)

Good food, good atmosphere, good friends. Nice and relaxing which is what I love about Australia Day.

Now, about the flags... I actually like them. It is about time Australians are proud to fly their own flag and be patriotic. For so many years I got shit for wearing an Australian Flag shirt on Australia Day... This is the best country in the world, we all should be proud on Australia Day.

vyper 27-01-2008 02:42 PM

Ended up having close friends over for bbq, drinks, fireworks, and to swim away the heat. Started early in the arvo and finished up soon after midnight.

Second year in a row that it's been done. +1 to not missing the foreshore. Don't plan to ever go back.

Evo2 27-01-2008 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]this is why I stay home on Australia day. Nice quiet BBQ with close friends. Patriotic cnuts that fire up once a year shit me to tears... [B]I'm as Australian as Bazza and Shazza[/B], but the attitude of some ppl just shits me to tears.[/QUOTE]

Quality mate. Nicely said! :p