Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtenstein
same as seatbelts and bike helmets, who's choice is? the fucking wearer who's going to get hurt? the wearer (or non).
The only problem with the arguments about wearing belts or helmets etc... is that it is the entire community that ends up footing the bill to support people who suffer life long major injuries who otherwise would have walked away with only a few scrapes.

I also think anyone who is caught doing everything else other than concentrate on driving ( mobile phones, arguing with the kids in the back etc... ) should have the book thrown at them.

As for being obsessed about speed it is a joke. 30 KM/h over in a school zone on a small side street at a time when all the kids are out and about is crazy but 30 KM/h over down the freeway at 3 in the morning with not another car in sight is dangerous how???
Old 04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

I think most of the accidents are because people drive like retards in Perth. Cant merge, dont understand emergency stopping distance, arnt paying proper attention to road conditions, bald tyres, poor brakes, sit in the right hand lane, run orange lights etc.

Need more marked cop cars on the road so that people feel the police presesence. I have gone weeks without seeing a marked cop car and I live 6kms from the city. You cant stop people being lazy/bad drivers if you dont have cops on th road, automated devices arnt enough.

I hope this is where the new revenue goes...

Last edited by slappy; 04-02-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

my3_wrc at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
I think most of the accidents are because people drive like retards in Perth. Cant merge, dont understand emergency stopping distance, arnt paying proper attention to road conditions, bald tyres, poor brakes, sit in the right hand lane, run orange lights etc.

Need more marked cop cars on the road so that people feel the police presesence. I have gone weeks without seeing a marked cop car and I live 6kms from the city. You cant stop people being lazy/bad drivers if you dont have cops on th road, automated devices arnt enough.

I hope this is where the new revenue goes...
agreed with you there im out driving on the roads all day and the amount off dum things you see if i only get cut off 4 time a day thats a good day and i drive trucks/buses

and as for the police presesence its a joke ie there is none
Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rubasu at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubasu

I agree. How many more people are in Australia now than a few years back? 'Specially Perth. You never hear the road toll to population increase ratio do you.

QUOTE=theprotest]Or... We could adjust the road toll to driving population and realise that there really isn't an issue at all?

These threads are always doomed from the outset.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

I take my hat off to 'BN01' and 'theprotest', great points.

Making advanced driver training mandatory offers not 1, but 2 benefits... through education and correct instruction, our general population becomes safer on the roads (this is research based) but also it offers a safe environment for young drivers to regularly return and 'push the limits' and further hone these skills. (Not to mention more facilities and racetracks for us all!!!).

Offer a time and a safe place with older mentors on hand and it's always a winner... there are so, so many community projects (think graffitti etc) that have proven this a thousand times over. The government knows all about these- so of course it's about revenue raising!!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarooboy
I take my hat off to 'BN01' and 'theprotest', great points.

Making advanced driver training mandatory offers not 1, but 2 benefits... through education and correct instruction, our general population becomes safer on the roads (this is research based) but also it offers a safe environment for young drivers to regularly return and 'push the limits' and further hone these skills. (Not to mention more facilities and racetracks for us all!!!).

Offer a time and a safe place with older mentors on hand and it's always a winner... there are so, so many community projects (think graffitti etc) that have proven this a thousand times over. The government knows all about these- so of course it's about revenue raising!!
Advanced Driver training is a brilliant idea that has been mentioned many times over the years but it has one major flaw - it costs money to partake in or to implement.
Not every young driver has spare cash to spend on the training, and the Govt sure as fuck aint gonna pay for or subsidise something that will have a negative effect on its revenue raising. Simple as that, otherwise the govt would have brought it in a loooooooooooooong time ago
Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Diesel

Hi_VoLtAgE is unrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiiha
EASILY MANAGED:

Restrict P-platers of only driving 4cylinder cars (adopt the same principle as P platers riding only 250cc).

The fine regarding seat belts, pretty much uncalled for. The driver and any passengers take FULL responsibility of their actions. Accident+no seat belt= death
why would they want to do that, it's not going to make money...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Im all for sticking more speed cameras hidden in bushes, behind trees, bus stops, light poles, cars, building, etc etc, all on roads which have never had a serious incident let alone a facility. It makes me feel like this is more then simply revenue raising. God bless the goverment!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

gotta fund their monthly pay rises somehow....
Old 05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nang3
Advanced Driver training is a brilliant idea that has been mentioned many times over the years but it has one major flaw - it costs money to partake in or to implement.
Not every young driver has spare cash to spend on the training, and the Govt sure as fuck aint gonna pay for or subsidise something that will have a negative effect on its revenue raising. Simple as that, otherwise the govt would have brought it in a loooooooooooooong time ago
"Driving aint a right, it's a priveledge." In many countires in Europe you fork out in excess of $2000 for your license, inclusive of driver training of course.

This is the thing that Aussies will have to get used to if they want a lower road toll and the removal of extreme penalties/ fines/ speeding cameras etc... otherwise we can just sit around a whinge about it I suppose?

Tags
fines, increase, speeding