Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   New Fpv GT (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/18192-new-fpv-gt.html)

Makavel 20-02-2008 11:49 AM

New Fpv GT

1 Attachment(s)
sexi time

saturation 20-02-2008 11:58 AM

hsv wannabe.

Wrexter 20-02-2008 12:00 PM

agreed

still hot tho.

i think fords are better built than holdens tho, i think theyre more reliable. Go ahead and critisise :P

Evo2 20-02-2008 12:03 PM

Take the badges and logos off and that could be mistaken for a customized VE. :)

Lights, grill, spot/fog lights are all too similiar imo.

Generally the whole front end.

My 2c.

BALISTC 20-02-2008 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=Wrexter]i think fords are better built than holdens tho, i think theyre more reliable. Go ahead and critisise :P[/QUOTE]

Have you owned both to be able to say that?

In regards to the experience of cars that my family has owned, I can safely say that our VS Commodore, VY SS Commodore and (so far) VE SS-V Commodore have been more reliable than our NC Fairlane, NF Fairlane and BA Fairmont Ghia.

The one thing that fucking shits me off about the Ford's, is the panel gaps in the interior. Interior fit and finish just isn't up there with Holden.

The VS commodore interior was povo, but the interior trim and panels actually fit nicer than the BA. In the BA, I can literally see under the centre console, in the gap between the shifter surround and the edge of the console, not to mention the unfinished and rough edges on all of the interior trim. My mates BFII XR6 Turbo is exactly the same.

I really hope Ford have got it right this time around, but we'll see.

The VY SS was a revelation compared to the BA's interior, and the VE is as good as anything I've ever seen.

The NF Fairlane is the only car we've owned that has had brand new genuine parts, fitted because of a breakage or failure, only to have the new parts fail after only a few months.

For example, I thought I'd do the right thing and buy a brand spanking new brake light switch, and it died after 2 months. A brand new heater hose split after 12 months!!!!! I was told by a Ford dealer not to buy their genuine rear window regulators as they are known to fail after a month or two due to vibration, so I bought non-genuine. SO far so good :)

Thats just in my experience..

P.S. price up some spare parts from Ford and Holden. The Holden parts are generally around 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the Ford parts.

Wrexter 20-02-2008 12:13 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Have you owned both to be able to say that?

In regards to the experience of cars that my family has owned, I can safely say that our VS Commodore, VY SS Commodore and (so far) VE SS-V Commodore have been more reliable than our NC Fairlane, NF Fairlane and BA Fairmont Ghia.

The one thing that fucking shits me off about the Ford's, is the panel gaps in the interior. Interior fit and finish just isn't up there with Holden.

The VS commodore interior was povo, but the interior trim and panels actually fit nicer than the BA.

I can literally see under the centre console, in the gap between the shifter surround and the edge of the console.

Thats just in my experience..[/QUOTE]

no not from exp, as i said it was just my opinion.

BALISTC 20-02-2008 12:14 PM

I'm sorry, but I really don't think an opinion counts if its not based on experience.

Wrexter 20-02-2008 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]I'm sorry, but I really don't think an opinion counts if its not based on experience.[/QUOTE]

haha of course not, wanted to see what others thought, hearing about your experience, i guess im wrong.

RUSSGT 20-02-2008 12:20 PM

[url]http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11210268[/url]

Check out the new ute. FAIL!!

BOMB3R 20-02-2008 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree! In my experience Holden is a lot better built car. The fords my family and myself have owned have been problems, yet the holdens have been nothing but realiable. Although I must say the Ford Cortina station wagon we owned was a genuine workhorse until I wrote it off.
I owned the infamous 89 EA S Pac.......what a total shitter that car was, one thing after another.

I actually quite like the look of the new ford but from past experience would never buy a Ford again.