Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2008, 10:44 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

Happened a while ago when i was doing day shifts but still annoys me to this day. Whats worse is this isn't a one off thing it happens even when I work like late night shift... wtf?
Old 26-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

scoobygez at standard level

yeah perth was busier than bunbury but not that bad certainly not like london lol

we did around 3000kms in 2 weeks of being in oz!!
Old 26-06-2008, 10:53 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobygez
yeah perth was busier than bunbury but not that bad certainly not like london lol

we did around 3000kms in 2 weeks of being in oz!!
imagine that all going onto your subi
Old 27-06-2008, 09:54 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
we will be doing i just love the place so much more relaxed and stress free

when i got back in the uk i got my mate to pick us up from the airport and straight away i had idiots cutting me up flashing there headlights for me to move over and generally making us think why did we come back
Well I spent 5 years working in the UK and Germany and have driven throughout both these countries. I prefer driving in Australia because of the lack of traffic, quality of roads etc, but I have to disagree with you about the standard of driving in Perth. It's pretty poor compared to the UK. Pretty much what Doadrift says. If you're happy to just cruise around 10km/h under the speed limit then you may like it, but if you're in a rush, late for work it can be very frustrating. Driving on the motorways & Autobahns, people don't tend to sit in the fast lane doing 10 under. They'll pull over and let you pass, whereas you won't see that here. In France and Germany they are very big on flashing their lights for you to pull over so they can go past you. It works very well. If they want to break the speed limit that's their perogative. Some people seem to get offended and emasculated because someone flashes their lights at them - how dare they! I tried it a couple of times and got 'followed' by two kids in a modded Lancer , so I don't bother now. And the speed cameras over here are much more obviously revenue raisers than in Europe. i.e speed cameras hidden in bushes just where a 70 changes to a 60 which has been accident free for 25 years. Also I found the Police a lot more sensible in the UK re speeding. The amount of times I've seen cars going past cop cars on the motorways doing 80, 90 etc and not being pulled up. Certainly very few people sit on 70, whereas over here if you see a cop car on the freeway, there will be a trail of cars behind him not daring to overtake. It's a 10 minute drive to my local beach and I go through 11 different speed zones, so it's not just about adhering to the speed limit, because half the time you don't know what the speed limit is. That said at the end of the day the traffic in Europe is horrendous and I'll stick with bad drivers over heavy traffic any day.

Last edited by perthzed; 27-06-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 27-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

i too have driven all over europe lol ie france germany spain portugal to name a few and i hated it mainly coz of the scooters that cut you up everywere

its each to there with driving and as i dont tend to race around much and give plenty of time for my journeys i tend not to get into a rush situation saying that i can drive fiarly briskly and controlled if needed i just choose not too thata how accidents usually happen (people rushing too places) anyway as what i said earlier i prefer driving in oz to uk
Old 27-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Driving in Europe is a dream compared to here. Especially on the motorways.

I'll take fixed speed cameras and flashing lights over WA drivers.
Old 27-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

when was the last time you drove over here lol
Old 27-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

oh dont you worry, 6 months after moving here youll be just as frustrated as the rest of us!
Old 27-06-2008, 04:45 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

And remember..

Change MPH to KPH!

And you're in the country - plenty of room for retards to make mistakes and get away with it.. you need more inner city love!
Old 27-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

Quote:

Bunbury isnt too bad, but like others are saying, I dont like perth drivers either. I went to Sydney a while back, and in my opinion, Its pretty good. Sure it's fast, and theres people switching all over the place, but they actually let people merge and switch lanes haha. Except for the Bus drivers!!! They is ca-razy!

Tags
oz, roads, uk