Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   New Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/21209-new-mitsubishi-lancer-ralliart.html)

jEstEr? 29-07-2008 10:57 AM

JTR either learn to put everything in one post or edit your first post, or I will just start deleting them. there is no need to post every 20 seconds

saturation 29-07-2008 11:07 AM

SST Spec Evo or 5 speed ? SST is pretty slow off the line apparently.

Jimmy S 29-07-2008 11:09 AM

Was most probably an Evo... the Ralliart Lancer isn't expected until late November at the earliest!

Strubaru 29-07-2008 11:15 AM

[QUOTE=Pinky]Wheels magazine ran a 14.4 0-400m for the AUDM Evo X
They ran a 14.5 for the Ugly Betty. That's the cheap, 40K one..

So unless the Ralliart > Evo ....[/QUOTE]

pfft 'RUSSGT' did a 14.5 1/4 mile with only a tdo4 & mbc running 10 psi in a forester!

did they do thier test runs in the wet or something? there figures seem woefully slow

perthzed 29-07-2008 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=saturation]SST Spec Evo or 5 speed ? SST is pretty slow off the line apparently.[/QUOTE]

I thought the dual clutches were supposed to be quicker. I think the VW/Audi DSG is quicker than it's manual models.

saturation 29-07-2008 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=perthzed]I thought the dual clutches were supposed to be quicker. I think the VW/Audi DSG is quicker than it's manual models.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly. Apparently the launch with the SST is weak but gear changes quick. Atleast that was the story with JDM when they first came out, dont know if mitsu have pushed out any revisions since.

Pinky 29-07-2008 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=perthzed]Yeah I just got the latest Wheels and saw those stats. Pretty suprised to be honest. 0 - 100 was 6.4 for the Evo X, which is decidedly average for a 71K sports car. The 135i is putting out 5.2 secs and is the same price. I guess they may have gone for a conservative launch or something.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised too, because they were using the 5 speed manual, which means they could have launched it (The SST has apparently not got launch control, for Oz at least) The Betty STi was at least 0.6 secs faster, from memory.. I had exected the figures to be closer..

The Evo has been apparently massively detuned for oz, not because of fuel quality, but the keep the carbon footprint lower, and the greenies happy........

Which is kind of odd, seeing as they aren't the people who would generally buy Evos

:rolleyes:

perthzed 29-07-2008 01:58 PM

[QUOTE=Pinky]
The Evo has been apparently massively detuned for oz[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me! That would surely mean there is little difference in performance between the Evo X and the Ralliart Lancer yet there is a 30K price difference.

saturation 29-07-2008 02:00 PM

yup, the guys in the US are making great strides with a bit of tuning. I think Vishnu ran a Evo X with zorst and a tune and gained something stupid like 120hp atw.

phizzle 29-07-2008 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=perthzed]You have to be kidding me! That would surely mean there is little difference in performance between the Evo X and the Ralliart Lancer yet there is a 30K price difference.[/QUOTE]
Even better. Buy a Ralliart Lancer and spend 30K on mods :glasses3: