Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthzed
And regarding the BMW crash, if those 5 kids had been in that Matiz, the top speed would have been around 85/90 due to the extra weight. U reckon they would have got airborne? I reckon they'd be at home right now if they had been in a good ol Matiz.

So everyone should be driving Matiz's? a 318 is a slow car and I bet much safer then a Matiz in a crash, Driver training would have helped more then anything in this situation, He only had his licence a month obviously didnt know the limits of the car.
Old 30-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WhiteRX at standard level
Send a message via MSN to WhiteRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveygravey
not for a p plater.... maybe even a camry is too powerfull....

Lol proberly is too powerful
Old 31-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

This is nothing new & they should have thought about limiting the power of cars driven by P platers a long time ago, most of you would be too young to remember but about 15yrs ago a rich daddy bought his son a brand new RX7 for his 17'th birthday, he got his license that day & was out that night "hooning", decided to have a drag up Fitzgerald St with a GT Falcon & ended up going through the Shell Garage on the corner of Walcott St killing himself on his 17th birthday, he'd probably still be alive if daddy had bought him a Corolla.
Yes limiting P platers to low powered cars WILL save lives, even if it's only "one" that's enough, and like I suggested in another thread make them keep the exhaust standard, makes a lot of mods useless if the car can't breath...........look at those Lebs on the TT show the other day, they all had cannons which they thought made their cars fast & furious in front of their mates.
And AWD won't do shit if your foot is not on the accelerator, which it usually isn't if you are inexperienced & in a sticky situation...........have a look at how many written off Subi's Pickles sell each week.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Last edited by Pimpreza; 31-08-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 31-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Subaru Tech Division

scoobygez at standard level

so true
Old 31-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Subaru Tech Division

impreza_GT at standard level

i'm teaching a 16yr old mate of mine how to drive at the moment. And i'm hammering him about how serious and dangerous driving can be. I sound like someone who's angry cos they missed bowls on the abc. His attitude is sometimes ridiculous, for example if a car overtakes him he'll get all pumped up and be like oh he wants to go. Most of the times its just for a joke but sometimes you can tell if he was alone he would go for it.

Luckily his biggest problem when it comes to driving is keeping his eyes on the road when, as he would say "chicks" are in the area. The amount of times we have switched lanes (without knowing) because of "chicks" is countless.
Old 31-08-2008, 11:52 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

"I sound like someone who's angry cos they missed bowls on the abc."

LOL

Will have to remember that one.
Old 31-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Scoobie Noobie

blairhallion at standard level

comming from someone who has just got their p's about 2 months ago i think this is shocking, i just got a subaru forester NA, lowered, rims exaust ect. this thing is slow as but i love it, right now if i chose between a GT and mine i would pick mine,
going fast with mates in your car does not make you look any cooler, its just dickheads that think coz they can plant their foot they are kings!
i have had a close family friend die from being a passanger in a drag race, and this has made me realise how dangerous being on the road is.
i dont think making bans on V8's and turbos is really going to do anything.
if you hit a tree at 150km's her hour in a WRX STI or a Toyota Camry your going to die. its simple as that, its the dickhead beind the wheel that makes the difference,
i have my defencive driving course booked in a few weeks and am looking faward to it,

sympathy to the passengers family,

sorry to drag on, just thought i would add my 2c.
blair
Old 31-08-2008, 07:09 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

I honestly dont think there is a solution, and this thread wasnt about the laws, but you all had your input, how many threads about it now? People died. Condolences to them. Shame, only 17..
Old 31-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

spookware at standard level
Default iidiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveygravey
ok it was a 318 beemer but they are not slow by any standards, maybe p platers should only be allowed small engine cars? and does rear wheel drive have anything to do with a lot of these accidents? some of us will know how difficult a rear wheel drive car can be when its too far out of shape.

im just amazed at how many youngsters are dying on the roads here, in the uk yes they do have accidents and get killed but not as frequent and horrific... they seem to go sideways into trees, poles,houses, and other things... i believe that rwd cars are part of the problem.. and yes influence of friends in the car can make a difference..

and what do u class as powerfull? powerfull to us, or P platers...

Please go back to the UK
Old 31-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper89
I honestly dont think there is a solution, and this thread wasnt about the laws, but you all had your input, how many threads about it now? People died. Condolences to them. Shame, only 17..
Ditto...

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me