Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Picked up my new car today (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/22011-picked-up-my-new-car-today.html)

Kato 09-09-2008 03:38 PM

[QUOTE=werticusness]the evo isnt actually based on the lancer.[/QUOTE]

It isn't?

[img]http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/b_evo_3_4f2.thumbnail.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/mitsubishi-lancer-2008.jpg[/img]

Anyway I'm sure it is an amazing car. I guess if anything it shows the luxury car threshold of $57k is way off target.

BALISTC 09-09-2008 03:55 PM

Looking at the Evo's standard ride height, I'd say its based on a Pajero.

phizzle 09-09-2008 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Looking at the Evo's standard ride height, I'd say its based on a Pajero.[/QUOTE]
[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2204/onsnapaj4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Intra 09-09-2008 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Miggidy]

So appently there is a tune available that MRT do that brings the MR into line with the FQ360 from the UK. This will not void warranty.
[/quote]

Hmmm love to see what happens when it goes pang....

Lets break it down to logic..

More power = more strain/wear + same warranty

Am i the only one here that does not see the underlying fact that "you play, you pay" comes into account?

FFOUR 09-09-2008 04:48 PM

Evo is based on Lancer, WRX is based on Impreza. Simple.

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Yeh this would want to do more than just drive itself! Can't justify 80k on a Mitsubishi, whether it does suk you off or not. Each to their own though.[/QUOTE]

Better/smarter than the $80K you've spent on your Subaru, surely? :D

Miggidy 09-09-2008 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]80k, fuck.

135i, no?[/QUOTE]

Looked at the 135i an the audi s3... no joy with either... not a RWD fan.

werticusness 09-09-2008 04:56 PM

for some reason i was thinking of the 9, 8 which were not based on the lancer... looks like the ten is :)

phizzle 09-09-2008 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=werticusness]for some reason i was thinking of the 9, 8 which were not based on the lancer... looks like the ten is :)[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm, weren't they?

pete gopal 09-09-2008 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=werticusness]for some reason i was thinking of the 9, 8 which were not based on the lancer... looks like the ten is :)[/QUOTE]

pretty sure all evos are based on same years lancers, they look slightly different but they're based on a lancer the same way a wrx is based on an impreza....

have a browse thru google champ ;)

Hurtenstein 09-09-2008 05:18 PM

The evo IS a Lancer and a wrx IS an Impreza. There is no "based on". They are the performance versions of each said car.

Ie. Impreza LX, GX, RX, WRX.

phizzle 09-09-2008 05:24 PM

The current GTR is not based on the VQ coupe or sedan, maybe that's what he's thinking of???

trusti rex 09-09-2008 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=phizzle]The current GTR is not based on the VQ coupe or sedan, maybe that's what he's thinking of???[/QUOTE]

isnt it?? :p

well done man awesome car. i would have got the manual but it depends what you wanna do with em. they are already getting [I]very[/I] decent power out of these in the orient/americas with basic mods.
and i gotta add... the 15k over the current sti is worth it just for the looks. haha

Pinky 09-09-2008 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=trusti rex] the 15k over the current sti is worth it just for the looks. haha[/QUOTE]

Isn't the manual with no options line ball with the base STi though?

trusti rex 09-09-2008 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=Pinky]Isn't the manual with no options line ball with the base STi though?[/QUOTE]

yeah but i meant what he payed

BAS 09-09-2008 08:28 PM

[QUOTE=Hurtenstein]The evo IS a Lancer and a wrx IS an Impreza. There is no "based on". They are the performance versions of each said car.

Ie. Impreza LX, GX, RX, WRX.[/QUOTE]

The evo 7,8,9 was actually a wide body model called cedia or something, not a lancer. The panels from the lancers they sold here do not fit an evo for example. Evo body also had 100 or so more welds than standard car for stiffer body.
Interior wise same though (ie shit...)

I've been considering the X, but would probably just go the base model and change wheels, suspension, etc. $80k is a lot of money, but you do get a lot of car. How much is something like a GTS on the road? They aren't a whole lot nicer inside than the evo.

Nice car mate, will be following what you do to it with interest.

freak 09-09-2008 08:52 PM

so you would had been the evo X i saw pulling out of the big W carpark on the weekend just gone
if so i must say it is a nice looking ride and i nearly broke my neck having a second look when i realised that it was the new evo :D

BALISTC 10-09-2008 12:11 PM

How does it compare to your CGM 05 STi?

saturation 10-09-2008 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=BAS]The evo 7,8,9 was actually a wide body model called cedia or something, not a lancer. The panels from the lancers they sold here do not fit an evo for example. Evo body also had 100 or so more welds than standard car for stiffer body.
Interior wise same though (ie shit...)

I've been considering the X, but would probably just go the base model and change wheels, suspension, etc. $80k is a lot of money, but you do get a lot of car. How much is something like a GTS on the road? They aren't a whole lot nicer inside than the evo.

Nice car mate, will be following what you do to it with interest.[/QUOTE]

Lancer and Cedia are the same, different name for different markets. Normally called Lancer Cedia sometimes one or the other.

werticusness 10-09-2008 01:06 PM

the evo 7 , 8 , 9 were much much larger cars than the equivalent lancers... It was basically a different version of the lancer that was only in Japan but this was effectively a different car as it has a longer and wider wheel base.

Its also pretty obvious when you get the newer EVO next to the evo 6 that the 6 looks like a body kit :)

Miggidy 10-09-2008 02:14 PM

Wow some heated discussion!

Basically I appreciated everybody's opinion. Now the value of the car and what is paid if meaningless. Nobody can say this is a waste of money unless you have driven one for a week. I atually look forward to driving to work in this car. It is so much fun to drive you have no idea.

In regards to the Lancer argument. Mitsubishi say it is based n the new lancer chassis. thats where it ends.

Now to further add fuel to te fire I looked at all the following cars

Subaru Sti
BMW 135i
Audi s3
FPV F6
FPV GT
HSV GTS

Now there are cars out there with more power. On our roads none of that matters... track and drags is another thing. The Evo will smah any of tese cars 0-100. I have driven them all it's simply quicker. It also hold its power on the road. Leaing the RWD cars for dead in hadling. he SAWC is something to see to beleive.

Now the 135i is a nice car but the options are fucking crazy... you will spend a lot of money optioning that car up. But its a beamer. You paying a lot of money for the propeller.

The audi s3 is a great car but come down o personal preferance. I don;t like wagons, ed of story.

Now the aussie cars. Much of a muchness (only in my opinion), either you like ford or holden. All have big power and are fantastic cars to drive. It just come down to my love for AWD. I love grip and response.

Don't ytake this as a rip on any of those cars. But also look at the big picture. We all love our cars. If you love your classic shape WRX (as I loved mine) then thats all that matters!!

werticusness 10-09-2008 02:24 PM

You made the right choice miggidy! Cept im not sure about the flappy paddle gear box, have they got those working properly yet? :P

Miggidy 10-09-2008 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=werticusness]You made the right choice miggidy! Cept im not sure about the flappy paddle gear box, have they got those working properly yet? :P[/QUOTE]

To be onest I don't use the paddles much. The SST shifts smart and quick enough at the moment. I suppose on the track they will be a little more handy. But we'll see how things go own the track.

ookin to get TBE and CAI done soon then maybe some basic ecu mods so we'll see how the box holds up

BAS 10-09-2008 05:40 PM

I've driven the SST- its nuts. In super sport mode it shifts better than any manual driver would.

Makoto 10-09-2008 11:32 PM

congratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............sweet asss..

EXPLICIT 11-09-2008 07:50 AM

Pics of victory heli's or banned to evo oz for life!!!!!!!!

Miggidy 11-09-2008 11:08 AM

hahaha we'll work on that for ya Jme!

Just goes to show how good the wrx community is all the evo owners are still on here...