Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Picked up my new car today (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/22011-picked-up-my-new-car-today.html)

Brendan08 07-09-2008 08:56 PM

fuck thats some serious piece of machinery! nice car man

urabus 08-09-2008 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=Miggidy]
Need to be carefull with the SST box. Its fucken awesome but not sure the power it can handle yet. Hopefully it can be built and then I'll look at some more serious mods.[/QUOTE]

Awesome car.

I am thinking about building a new targa car and am waiting to see how the evo x compares to the new sti over the next 6 months or so. Also wait for the spec c to be released and will see if they sort the wiring out.

Pollard ran a evo x at targa this year with a bolt in cage and rumour was it had between 600 and 800 nm of torque :eek:

Be careful with the sst box though as my understanding is that it is unserviceable. I.e you can not even change the oil in it. I was talking to race torque about building the new car and they said whilst it is a great box for the road and a bit of trackwork if you are building a dedicated track car definately go the manual.

Brendon

Miggidy 08-09-2008 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=urabus]Awesome car.

I am thinking about building a new targa car and am waiting to see how the evo x compares to the new sti over the next 6 months or so. Also wait for the spec c to be released and will see if they sort the wiring out.

Pollard ran a evo x at targa this year with a bolt in cage and rumour was it had between 600 and 800 nm of torque :eek:

Be careful with the sst box though as my understanding is that it is unserviceable. I.e you can not even change the oil in it. I was talking to race torque about building the new car and they said whilst it is a great box for the road and a bit of trackwork if you are building a dedicated track car definately go the manual.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

Well its a wet cluth so he oil is canged every 45,000. Thats a long time between changes tho! And specs from Getrag who make the box i 490 nm soo If i can hit 200kw atw with 450Nm I will be happy!

RUSSGT 09-09-2008 12:34 PM

Looks great mate! Was suprised to see the big holes in the engine bay that ya can fit your hand in and touch the quarter panels skins tho. Just looked cheap.

d23fitz 09-09-2008 12:50 PM

Very interesting to see that a lot of the controls and the stereo/sub are the same as my 2007 Outlander VRX. I bet it goas a little quicker though!

jEstEr? 09-09-2008 02:18 PM

80k for a lancer?

BOMB3R 09-09-2008 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?]80k for a lancer?[/QUOTE]
Yeh this would want to do more than just drive itself! Can't justify 80k on a Mitsubishi, whether it does suk you off or not. Each to their own though.

werticusness 09-09-2008 02:46 PM

the evo isnt actually based on the lancer.

BALISTC 09-09-2008 03:08 PM

80k, fuck.

135i, no?

Jimmy S 09-09-2008 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=werticusness]the evo isnt actually based on the lancer.[/QUOTE]

What's it based on?