Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Coping with loss? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/22098-coping-loss.html)

Pimpreza 09-09-2008 12:05 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru]wow pimpreza, imagine how much that beast would be worth today! sad times:(
[/QUOTE]
Yeah but my first car would have probably been worth more, mint 63 S Series Valiant, sold it for $400 in 74 & the prick wrote it off the next week leaving me with the bill for his pissy driving cos he never transferred it lol, got it sorted in the end.

nang3 09-09-2008 01:34 PM

hmm i dont know why but ive never really felt sad about parting with any of my cars.. probably cause most of the time ive already driven and been hyped about the next car il be buying..
although i kinda miss my old GQ monster truck!
dont miss the 4.8L GU III or its fuel bills
miss my 350z just a lil bit but still not that much

Pinky 09-09-2008 04:47 PM

I've been dicking around with the idea of a new car for about 2 years now.

I just can't bring myself to get rid of the old girl... (space is at a premium at my place and there's no way i'd be happy leaving say, a Golf GTi, on the street)

I think if it came to a point where I really needed new wheels I'd just buy something like a Honda Jazz /Mazda 2 as a daily and keep my GC8 until a point at which I can go to a bigger place, where I can give it the TLC it deserves...

:)

I've actually only owned 4 cars, but I kind of wish I could have the other 3 back.

Well I'd have a Datsun 1600 and original shape Laser TX3 anyway,
I'd trade my TE Cortina for a gold, UK spec Mark 3, for a bit of that Gene Hunt style..

:D

GX-REX 09-09-2008 06:19 PM

I have had probably near on 20 cars. I get bored with them usually so get something else. Had my wagon for about 2 and a half years and not looking at getting rid of it any time soon. I wouldnt mind a peanut though. Never really looked back on any of my cars, although I do kinda miss the skids that I used to get in my VN.

Cooper89 09-09-2008 06:47 PM

I'd probably miss the Brumby if i ever sold it. Is my first car and its done THAT much for me. Probably only worth something to me anyway, its haggard.

Foxymophandlmama 09-09-2008 07:15 PM

My baby is right there in the shed, i can see her out the window... But since she is broken awaiting repairs I cant drive her.... I miss her so, we had such good times just the two of us :(

Cooper89 09-09-2008 07:48 PM

I bet you go and sit in her and do bad things

Foxymophandlmama 09-09-2008 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Cooper89]I bet you go and sit in her and do bad things[/QUOTE]

shhh :angel2:

Zombee 10-09-2008 12:21 PM

Of all my previous rides;

2 x MY00 WRX's
1 x MY05 WRX
1 x CV8 Monaro
1 x HSV VX GTS
1 x HSV VS Clubsport

I miss the VS Clubsport the most - damn I miss that car... :(

Cheers
Zombee:)

teejay 10-09-2008 12:32 PM

My Liberty was the biggest head fuck bunky shitter slapped together abortion of a car.. it cost me so much time money and drama.

Saw a maroon one with Advan RS rims at Targa.. turned to my mate.. and before I could say the words, he did..

"you want another one, dont you?"

When it ran, it was a bundle of fun, and went pretty damn well considering.

Miss my Cressida most of all, big dirty 1J skids in a grandpa car rocked :)