Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Coping with loss? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/22098-coping-loss.html)

Lonzy_jr 22-10-2008 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=perthzed]Has anyone else suffered seperation anxiety when selling their beloved?[/QUOTE]
yeah i kinda have.
i have seperation anxiety from being away from the stato, mind you the rex has taken my mind off it, that and the stato is still in the drive way so i can still look at it.
:D

Rossco 22-10-2008 08:58 PM

I owned a Black series 1 Rx-7 (1978 x-dealer press car - No Aus compliance plate but aus delivered)
I was 17 at the time (1994).
I hand ported her 13b end plates giving her a nice large extended bridge port (40 hours with a DREMEL!!) and 'D' porting the exhaust ports (raising their roofs). I hand clearanced the rotors. I had the end plates dowelled by rotomotion.

I bought a 48 Ida Webber carb from south freo wreckers (business became Formaz 4 years later) and hand bored it out to 51 mm, had a mate extend the float bowl (no tig skills here!).

Billet flywheel all of 2.5 kg!
4.44 locked diff
s4 turbo 5 speed
Koni's all round

My labour of love took me 12 months to build, everything being exactly how I wanted.

Pulled a 12.1 at RAVENSWOOD on street tires on our first outing. HP at the wheels unknown!?!
Blew it up at the last Motorvation held at Belmont Park (on the burn out pad.....8500 rpm for 9 minutes), rebuilt the bridgey on Sunday drove it to work on the Monday!

Sold it after doing my d/l twice and having 4 yellows in 6 weeks (noise, flames etc).

Sold her for $8000.......Twice what it cost me to purchase and build.

Owner got exactly 2 km from my house before wrapping it around a lamp post on Hepburn ave.....I heard the impact.

To this day (20 odd cars later) every time I sell a car I wait outside until I can no longer hear it.............

Still miss the bridge port's attitude and bad habits!!

rexhunta 22-10-2008 09:02 PM

When i sold my S13, it was Grand final day last year, went straight down the bottle-o and drowned the old sorrows.

I miss it every now and then, specially when on the highway, my old girl subi just does not have the grunt to overtake like the old s13 did, or able to light the rears in 3rd.

Thing won't even light the tyres in first in lo range haha. Poor thing.

Still been looking for one every now and then, i think i will buy another when we buy our next house. Missus said i was allowed another project, so that'll be the time.

Last i heard, the stock Ca got replaced by a full built spec CA, made 309rwhp, and dude was about to start experimenting with cams and headwork, was looking for a good figure.

Thats the on;y 1 i have missed out of my 19 cars so far.

werticusness 22-10-2008 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=LegacyRS]
Owner got exactly 2 km from my house before wrapping it around a lamp post on Hepburn ave.....I heard the impact.[/QUOTE]

fark, you probably dont think so since you loved the car, but that's pretty funny :)

phizzle 22-10-2008 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=LegacyRS].....8500 rpm for 9 minutes[/QUOTE]
Farken [SIZE=7]R.E.S.P.E.C.T[/SIZE] :cool: :eek: :D :D :D :angel4:

Rossco 22-10-2008 11:59 PM

[QUOTE=werticusness]fark, you probably dont think so since you loved the car, but that's pretty funny :)[/QUOTE]

Sad to see the loss of my hard work...but yes it was paid for in CA$H so I was laughing....

Rossco 23-10-2008 12:02 AM

[QUOTE=phizzle]Farken [SIZE=7]R.E.S.P.E.C.T[/SIZE] :cool: :eek: :D :D :D :angel4:[/QUOTE]

And it only popped a housing water jacket seal.....(burned the silicone seals next to the exhaust ports and still got me home to sorrento, after a tyre change, via the freeway on one rotor!!)

Twas 3rd gear whole 9 minutes too..... SIAMTYRE Mustangs FTW! (smokey buggers they were!)

Nah...damn unreliable rotaries....... NOT!!

BXT 23-10-2008 12:15 AM

Great story LegacyRS...bought a smile to my dial.

My greatest regret was parting with my MY99 WRX....the first real preformance car I ever owned....poured bucket loads of money & time into it and sold it not long after getting it setup & looking exactly how I wanted......i'll never forget that car.

[IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x165/BXT007/AngledShot2.jpg[/IMG]

jedi_luke 23-10-2008 12:18 AM

ive had my M99 for 8 years now and as much as i want something new i really dont think i could give it up and seeing as i also have a 180sx i dont think a 3rd car is an option haha