Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Japanese Wholesale Spares (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/22530-japanese-wholesale-spares.html)

impr3zive 30-09-2008 02:19 PM

Japanese Wholesale Spares

Hey Guys,

I was down at JWS this morning getting a quote for a new engine.. I was really happy with the service down there the new owners seem pretty good and know there shit..

So dont be afraid to go down there you wont get shit service..

Cheers Brett :wav:

GX-REX 30-09-2008 02:28 PM

How much did you get quoted for a new engine? What engine was it? Specs?

I have found the service is as good as it ever was but prices seem to have risen alot.

impr3zive 30-09-2008 02:33 PM

umm it was a 1998 sti engine front cut he said about $5000 fitted..?? im not too sure, is that good..?? i do stereos not engines lol.. but yes i work retail. so service 2 thumbs up...!!!

GX-REX 30-09-2008 03:48 PM

I would say thats probably quite good. Fitting is what would be the killer. I would have thought $5000 would be close to the price of the front cut being STI. I assume you are getting th matching box and diff fitted with it. Fatz does know his shit.

SPL1T2ND 30-09-2008 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=GX-REX]I would say thats probably quite good. Fitting is what would be the killer. I would have thought $5000 would be close to the price of the front cut being STI. I assume you are getting th matching box and diff fitted with it. Fatz does know his shit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, agreed! I dealt with them today. Very good service.

maddog 30-09-2008 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=impr3zive]Hey Guys,

I was down at JWS this morning getting a quote for a new engine.. I was really happy with the service down there the new owners seem pretty good and know there shit..

So dont be afraid to go down there you wont get shit service..

Cheers Brett :wav:[/QUOTE]
I thought this was impossible until I looked at the JWS web site:

[COLOR=Red] [B]2008-09-08 New Staff[/B]
just wanting to inform our customers that Darren Windus is no longer a member of our staff and we have had Barry Liddle start with us here to bring new life into the shop, he will be doing mechanical work as well and helping customers with there requirements. thanks agian from Japanese Wholesale management [/COLOR]

That's a good start.

STI325V6 30-09-2008 05:19 PM

The staff change is one of the better moves made by the new owners.

I have dealt with Fats for over 10 years and have found him to be honest and full of knowledge....

impr3zive 01-10-2008 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=GX-REX]I would say thats probably quite good. Fitting is what would be the killer. I would have thought $5000 would be close to the price of the front cut being STI. I assume you are getting th matching box and diff fitted with it. Fatz does know his shit.[/QUOTE]

To be perfectly honest would not have a clue dont know too much bout engines. All i said is that i would like to get a wrxy or sti engine in the car and change it to manu...
So any help would be wicked at my end. To be perfectly honest im not after the fastest car just a wrx engine or sti would do it fine, and only looking to spend MAX...$5k

Brett

urabus 01-10-2008 01:30 PM

My understanding is that the owners have not changed. Just dodgy darren is away playing with his trucks and wont be back.

AFAIK Darren may have been on a profit share sort of deal but he was not a partner / director in th business.

And as someone said above Fats definately knows his stuff.

Brendon

teejay 01-10-2008 03:19 PM

LOL @ profit share