Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   in the navy........... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/25824-navy.html)

scoobygez 31-03-2009 01:27 PM

in the navy...........

Is anyone in the navy on here??
was thinking of joining but not sure just think it would be a good career path, although still cant find work in wood machining this career stands out from the other options i could do...

what do you guys reckon would this be a bad move or good????

looking on the website i could possibly go for maintenance technicain, training sounds easy(physical) rest doesnt seem too hard except you gotta vic for it.....

so anyway any thoughts /views on this.....

JohnWestTuna 31-03-2009 01:33 PM

navy, be a man, join the army

Remnant 31-03-2009 01:42 PM

^^ Says the man who has a fetish for tuna caught from a boat =)

Well, I almost went three years ago, decided against it at the age.
Ive rang up and re-applied, just waiting for a phone to organise a 'You' session.
It is definately worth it, as long as you can commit around 6 years to it..

Sethor 31-03-2009 01:47 PM

I would not do it unless you really really want to. Because once you join it's hard to get out, as they sign you up on contracts (normally 3 yrs) so your committing yourself to the same job for 3+yrs.

DAN682 31-03-2009 01:53 PM

My missus is a submariner, she has been in for 12 years and was in recruiting.

PM me your Mobile and Email and I will give her your details.

Kato 31-03-2009 02:50 PM

[img]http://www.dbmathews.com/images/join_the_navy_gay.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.jokedujour.com/police/gay-navy.jpg[/img]

American Dave 31-03-2009 03:21 PM

that post from Kato pretty much sums it up. As a recruiter I get a ton of contact from people wanting to leave the armed services and the message is pretty clear to me....I do however love the movie Strips with Bill Murray :D

silo's_sube 31-03-2009 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=scoobygez]Is anyone in the navy on here??
was thinking of joining but not sure just think it would be a good career path, although still cant find work in wood machining this career stands out from the other options i could do...

looking on the website i could possibly go for maintenance technicain, training sounds easy(physical) rest doesnt seem too hard except you gotta vic for it.....

so anyway any thoughts /views on this.....[/QUOTE]

with my line of work not going the way i want it to i am also thinking of joining as a sub-leiutenant (seaman officer)- had to put that in.
anyway i know two seaman officers already in it in their 2nd and 3rd year and they get paid well, good conditions and work is pretty cruisy. They get picked up from their own home in limo's for shit sake!
they pay for your rent while you away also and help with home loans.
If you are prepared for worst case scenario of being away for 6 months at a time(not always the case) i think its a solid career which will set you up for the future with war bonuses, overseas allowance etc.

officers get treated very highly with regards to sleeping arrangements, transport, accomodation and where they stand in running the ship etc.
6months training in nsw.
not too sure about mechanics and other trades though.

dont join the army-you have a chance of dying :( safe as with the navy :cool:

Remnant 31-03-2009 03:27 PM

You must consider aswell, how many people are in the armed forces and swear by it.. All I every hear from people with family, friends, etc that say they loved it averaging about 8-12 years before leaving.

perthzed 31-03-2009 03:36 PM

Join the Army, travel the world, meet lots of interesting people and then kill them. But seriously you really want to me holed up on a boat with 400 horny guys and no women?

American Dave 31-03-2009 03:43 PM

for christ sake dont use these words again...seaman officer

oh and learn to spell lieutenant :D

Remnant 31-03-2009 03:43 PM

If your insecure enough to think you'll give in and accept it.. You have a problem.
Anyway, I didn't know there was a male only acceptance into the defence force.

B4GT 31-03-2009 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=silo's_sube]

dont join the army-you have a chance of dying :( safe as with the navy :cool:[/QUOTE]
Clearance divers
Sub Mariners

these are two pretty high risk jobs that the navy have, we all gotta die one day anyway.

My mate been in the navy 3 months now and loves every second of it, he is a fag tho :P

Remnant 31-03-2009 03:49 PM

ROFL, thanks for the support B4GT..

perthzed 31-03-2009 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=Remnant]ROFL, thanks for the support B4GT..[/QUOTE]

Dude you're only gay if someone finds out. Go for it. :toothy4:

Remnant 31-03-2009 03:56 PM

400 seamen all working in the sun on a remote boat sleeping in severely undersized cabins and doing 'everything' together... "Nothing suss!"

silo's_sube 31-03-2009 04:25 PM

there are women on the deck, quite a few actually....not ones you would want to probably go near but you never know. There is always a chance!

[QUOTE=American Dave]for christ sake dont use these words again...seaman officer

oh and learn to spell lieutenant :D[/QUOTE]

i couldn't be bothered checking the spelling, seaman officer!!!!!!

silo's_sube 31-03-2009 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=perthzed]Join the Army, travel the world, meet lots of interesting people and then kill them. But seriously you really want to me holed up on a boat with 400 horny guys and no women?[/QUOTE]

you travel to heaps of places in the navy, bangkok, hawaii, fiji to name a few plus if your NOT a clearance diver or something similar your chances of getting shot are extremely minimal...compared to army

scoobygez 31-03-2009 04:47 PM

Some differant views there lll

My only concern is the fact that i maybe awat for long periods and having to leave my wife and child (aged 8)

but on a plus providing i get in i see it as a career that could go forward???

oh i aint gay either my bum hole is one way only and thats for pooh pooh lol

gonna get a tattoo (NO ENTRY!!)

No on a serious note could it be like that,that its full of benders????

got my "you" interview on the 18th april in perth so gonna have to stop at motel for the night the go interview in the morning.....

perthzed 31-03-2009 05:12 PM

This video gives you a pretty good, accurate insight into what you might expect life to be like in the Navy. I've got a mate who was in the Navy for 6 years and he said this is EXACTLY how it was.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw]Navy Video[/URL]

American Dave 31-03-2009 05:27 PM

LOOOOOOOOL dont do it

silo's_sube 31-03-2009 05:27 PM

^^^now those are some real men...:icon_thum

Elrico 31-03-2009 05:28 PM

I take it you are the Construction worker perthzed?

scoobygez 31-03-2009 05:35 PM

lol think i may grow a moustache!!!

astralex 31-03-2009 10:04 PM

I've got a mate, he's been in the navy for 4 or 5 years now, he swears by it, reckons it's a good life and what not, only downside I've seen is his distancing from people not in the navy, or civvys as he likes to call it. Seemed a little bit brainwashed into thinking that noone else will help him other than his navy bum buddys. Other than that, all good!

scoobygez 01-04-2009 12:22 AM

lol they must be really close then.......

i still think its a good idea just not 100% on it, any batty boys come near me and they will get and not in the way they might like!!!

Adz 01-04-2009 12:34 AM

[QUOTE=scoobygez]lol they must be really close then.......

i still think its a good idea just not 100% on it, any batty boys come near me and they will get and not in the way they might like!!![/QUOTE]

Sure you say that now.. until you have to play the soggy biscuit!!

DAN682 01-04-2009 06:41 AM

Wait till you get asked to find the golden rivet.

trusti rex 01-04-2009 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=scoobygez]Is anyone in the navy on here??

so anyway any thoughts /views on this.....[/QUOTE]

Some of the posts on here about the navy by people who obviously think they know their shit... well, they dont.

Anyway... a mate's old man's with the navy - and apparently they are short on carpenter's/woodworkers. fcuk knows what they do but its a full time gig and they only work approx 8 months a year, have massively discounted home loans etc etc and earn approx 65k a year. pm me if you require more details etc. for this particular job, you dont even set foot on a ship, let alone spend sunny days on board with 400 other seamen, as so many people on here obviously dream about!

American Dave 01-04-2009 10:41 AM

LOL that old chestnut.....a mate's old man's mate of a relative blah blah blah

trusti rex 01-04-2009 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=American Dave]LOL that old chestnut.....a mate's old man's mate of a relative blah blah blah[/QUOTE]

i did say p.m. me for more details/interest in the job. but its just a story huh. :rolleyes:

anyway, for those that are interested... pm me for details.

American Dave 01-04-2009 11:00 AM

ok ok you win but dont you wonder why the navy seems to be so short of people when its such an awesome gig?

DAN682 01-04-2009 11:02 AM

Instead of this whole my mates old mans dogs relatives uncle bullshit.

Just call 13 19 01 and ask a recruiter.

perthzed 01-04-2009 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=DAN682]Instead of this whole my mates old mans dogs relatives uncle bullshit.

Just call 13 19 01 and ask a recruiter.[/QUOTE]

Actually my old man knew someone whose brother was a recruiter. I think it was a recruiter for a mining company or something. Wierd huh.

trusti rex 01-04-2009 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=DAN682]Instead of this whole my mates old mans dogs relatives uncle bullshit.

Just call 13 19 01 and ask a recruiter.[/QUOTE]

you can go through that BULLSHIT, or...
my mate's old man can skip past the recruiter and take you directly to the employer.

(note this job i'm talking about is only for trade qualified carpenters/machinists)

silo's_sube 01-04-2009 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=trusti rex]Some of the posts on here about the navy by people who obviously think they know their shit... well, they dont.

Anyway... a mate's old man's with the navy - and apparently they are short on carpenter's/woodworkers. fcuk knows what they do but its a full time gig and they only work approx 8 months a year, have massively discounted home loans etc etc and earn approx 65k a year. pm me if you require more details etc. for this particular job, you dont even set foot on a ship, let alone spend sunny days on board with 400 other seamen, as so many people on here obviously dream about![/QUOTE]

thanks for reiterating...

phizzle 01-04-2009 12:48 PM

My older brother has been with the Navy for about 15 years. He started as an Able Seaman (wanted to get into the diving side of things) but after nearly being killed by a Maori with an iron bar while out on the piss in NZ with shipmates he is now an MP. Gets paid more, does less and spends more time on-shore. For you Gezza as a capenter/wood machinist just about 100% of your time would be spent on-shore, propabaly doing re-fits to Navy owned housing etc. Not much wood on a battle ship or submarine ;) Oh and no khunts shooting shit at you either ;)

scoobygez 01-04-2009 01:21 PM

yeah sounds good phil i have pm'd trusti rex as i have all the qualifications ie wood machining carpentry and joinery and bench joinery all level 3 and 4 :)

WHITEMY08 02-04-2009 01:12 PM

LOL this thread made me laugh heaps.....

I was in for 8 years and am in the middle of getting back in.
There is a few shirt lifters but all services has them it is only that the village people fucked it up for us.
I was a Leading Seaman BM and have done over 400 boardings in the gulf and have managed not to be shot so far. (higher likelyhood of being shot by your own mate to be honest)
2 questions for you though 1. do you like to travel 2. do you like to sink piss? If you answered yes to both you will fit in well.

Just remember these few sayings that will help you on lonely nights......

Everything is legal 3 miles out to sea
It's ok to be gay underway
Only a man knows what a man wants
You are only gay if you take it!

silo's_sube 02-04-2009 01:22 PM

^^^^hahaha, those lines are hillarious, not sure if i would ever apply them though.
the bottom 3 are weird and the top one i think your talking about Thailand.....lady boys....YUK! heard a couple of stories about them.