Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

subarubloke at standard level
Angry Hit & Run

So I was at KFC last night in Hamilton Hill heading home after tafe, I've been there a few times after tafe on a tuesday,

I weighed up going through the drive through instead insisted getting out and going in as there were a few cars ready to place there order though the drive though and i thought it would be quicker

I didn’t notice anything upon leaving kfc, as the dent was on the back passenger side, went to a mates house back in Mandurah

He picked up on the dent on my car, pretty much straight away, so some person has reversed into my car and drove off,

Ironically it really could of only been only two people that were in kfc before me paying for their order,
a mum and kids or a couple,

The dent in the pictures is what is left after we managed to push out from the other side, it was 2.5x what is in the picture roughly,

so I may be able to push it all out with a soft mallet and a piece of pine,

They did trade paint with me but only a few scratches

Also the side with the dent doesn’t line up with the existing panel as it should, its not noticed till you look closer at it

so that destroyed my day

If I can’t push it out, what does a new bumper cost and painted roughly these days? im not planning on telling insurance as they most likely will rape me and it wont be worth it with the cost of insurance

lesson's learned: always, always use the drivethrough

2nd lesson: click link
5 Most Weirdest Drive Thru Business
Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

that sucks man bad luck
dont know why people cant even leave a note sayin sorry if they dont wanna pay for it.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:35 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Any chance you may have gotten hit in the TAFE parking lot before you stopped in to the Colonel ?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:37 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

james_gray at standard level

Sucks man. I don't know about using a rubber mallet (the impact might crack the paint), but I have heard that if you heat it up with a hair dryer, most of it should pop out... Might be worth a try.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:38 PM
STI Master

SweLLy at standard level

I cant seem to see any other color paint chips or scratches..

wouldn't of been someones toe bar would it?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
Any chance you may have gotten hit in the TAFE parking lot before you stopped in to the Colonel ?
not really i park in the staff parking in the afternoon, with my left side of the car running parrel to a fence, so it would be quite difficult to hit that side, see diagram
Attached Thumbnails
diagram.JPG  
Old 08-04-2009, 02:45 PM
STI Master

SweLLy at standard level

mm weird...

that's probably the safest spot to park your car.

some people need to learn to drive and if cant drive own up if they damage someone else car.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweLLy
I cant seem to see any other color paint chips or scratches..

wouldn't of been someones toe bar would it?
yeah could of been, though the scratches are under the eyelid of the rear lights,

the top scratch could of been cause by the bending of the bumper, the 2nd one below that could of been
Attached Thumbnails
scratches.JPG  
Old 08-04-2009, 02:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

A friend of mine had someone drive in to the driver door on his daily snotter and leave without owning up.

The paint left behind is to high to be a car and matches the colour of 2 4X4's in his complex so he went door knocking, one person was very open and said they did not see anything....the other stared at the floor and shuffled his feet and muttered he did not see anything and "dont blame me mate"

They must have leant on his car pretty hard because they broke the welds on the side impact beam! The door is trashed but his car is an odd colour so finding one that matches wont be easy.

Anyway....I really can not stand the attitude to this sort of thing here. If your old enough to drive a car then your damn well old enough to accept the responsibilities that come with it and that includes taking the blame if you mess up.

It really is time to start teaching people to drive properly and including trying to instill a bit of responsibility and pride in ones driving. We are also way over due introducing compulsory third part property damage insurance. I guess it would be to much to expect people to think beyond their own little bubble for once though.

I have never had an accident or parking ding and I take pride in that. I would be absolutely mortified if I damaged someone elses property no matter what it is and would have no problem with accepting blame and fixing the damage.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweLLy
mm weird...

that's probably the safest spot to park your car.

some people need to learn to drive and if cant drive own up if they damage someone else car.
lol parked overnight at the airport in the rexie once, spent 10 mins getting a spot on the edge of the median, parking as close as i could to it. Came back and there was a scrape down that side from some fucktard who tried to park ON the median

Tags
hit, run