Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Evo vs Phillip Island (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/26077-evo-vs-phillip-island.html)

WRXRW 16-04-2009 04:35 PM

one is vacklav the other is knob, combined you two make vacklav knob, EPIC FAIL!

Broomy 16-04-2009 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE]

Exiting turn 2, put my foot down to power out, car ran wide, back right wheel went into gravel, backend stepped out... I stamped on the brakes, span 360 across the track to the infield and hit an embankment, which flipped the car a couple of times.
D. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This guys problem started way before he "got the foot down to power out".... Turn 2 at PI has a blind cresting apex which you can't see on TV. My bet is that he was bringing way to much speed off turn 1 into his turn in point at turn 2 and missed the blind apex by a "country mile" and the rest they say is history.

If he was able to get the data off his PBox it would show MASSIVE UNDERSTEER to SHIT MY PANTS.... No AYC was going to save his arse :whip2:

urabus 16-04-2009 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=Broomy] My bet is that he was bringing way to much speed off turn 1 into his turn in point at turn 2 and missed the blind apex by a "country mile" and the rest they say is history.:[/QUOTE]

You need to leave your balls on the dash for turn one. Full throttle for the win.

Brendon

V3 RA 16-04-2009 07:49 PM

looks like a big off, at the track = no insurance

Broomy 16-04-2009 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=urabus]You need to leave your balls on the dash for turn one. Full throttle for the win.

Brendon[/QUOTE]

I agree... but there is a price to be payed at turn 2 for the heros. :laughing9

WRXTASY 17-04-2009 10:12 AM

Don't Shannon's insure cars on the track so long as your not doing any competitive timed events ?

perthzed 17-04-2009 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=WRXTASY]Don't Shannon's insure cars on the track so long as your not doing any competitive timed events ?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but it would seem like an odd thing for an insurance company to do. Their aim is for their customers to pay them lots of money and never ever crash (if possible).

deviant 17-04-2009 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=WRXTASY]Don't Shannon's insure cars on the track so long as your not doing any competitive timed events ?[/QUOTE]

Sort of. I looked in to it some time ago so things may have changed since then but the basics were that it was a $200 increase to my premium and they would cover up to $10,000 only.

I believe it only covered for non-competative off road events...so in effect trackdays or skidpan sessions only. Any mention of a stop watch, g-meter or running alongside other cars would render it invalid.

The policy did not cover for personal injury (not sure about third party damage, injury or death) however I have since found out that because my various life and medical covers were taken out BEFORE taking up a new hobby involving fast cars they are still valid as they only use the information on the day of taking out the cover.

At the end of the day we all know the risk of driving on track but accidents like this are quite rare and you stand more chance of getting in a bingle on the way home at the end of event.

Its up to you how quickly you drive on track but in my opinion trackdays are not about blistering lap times or driving on the ragged edge...they are about pushing yourself and your car further than you can on the road while staying safe and hopefully learning a bit about your car.
The day I want to chase times and push as hard as my bravery will allow is the day I buy a tow car and a proper race car.

Trexx 17-04-2009 12:01 PM

There is a UK company that will insure you for track days and timed events in Perth.

I have a quote for 904 Pounds for 3 track days (1Barbs 2 Collie) for 30,000 Pounds Cover. At that time the dollar was high so equated to around $70,000 AUD

[url]www.raceinsurance.co.uk[/url]

Part that worries me is that you have to make the claim within 2 days of the accident - too bad if your in a coma or hospital.

deviant 17-04-2009 12:43 PM

£904 for 3 days!!! K'in ell thats a lot of money...I know its international cover and all but you can get a day cover for £60 ($120ish) in the UK.