Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi
We need a 'Where to stay in Bali' thread!

Anyone got any recommendations?

Kartika Plaza.

http://www.discoverykartikaplaza.com/
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Have been recommended this

http://www.balidynasty.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:28 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

FUCKKED!!
no more special price!!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

www.balitravelforum.com

All you need to know about bali... don't have to be a member to search... but you can find out everything you need to know about Bali.

Mums a member on there, and shes pretty cluey about everything to do with Bali as well... so any accomodation questions or anything in general swing em my way and will get you an answer.

All depends on your budget and how much you want to spend for accomodation too... I'd go cheap if your the type of person that goes out and does everything during the day and night, cause you don't spend too much time in your room anyway!

We've stayed at some "cheap" hotels some as low as $15 aussie a night and they were small but they had the basics - aircon, pool, tv, bathroom etc - did us fine oh and breakfast was included! It may have gone up slightly by now but I'd say it wouldn't have increased that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
i make my judgements on Bali based on what I have heard, and my partner has been about 6 times in the last 6 years, plus her family go every year as well, and apart from the 'cheap shit' they buy, and the nice hotel's, they really never have anything good to say about the place. So my judgements had some research behind it.
But they keep going back kym???

Eh you either love it or you hate it i guess... but i wouldn't call it a shithole

We go every year and I absolutely love it... parents are moving over there to live/retire eventually, so they certainly have to love it haha!

Ginger Ninja...
Old 05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

just a little updated info.

apparently this offer will be available till the 10th of May and is valid for travel dates 17th July - January 2010.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Jez, you going?

Jen and I are going 11th August - 20th August

Megz, they go for the cheap shit, not because the like it.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Sign me up!
From one V8 to another!

jasonmurray at standard level

Well after my 11th time in Bali in December it will definitely be my last.

I used to love the place and I have spent over 9 months there in total with all my trips combined. Hell I even had a place there for a while as a little holiday home.

Short and sweet version of the story is that on the first night there I got mugged and still paying the price for it.

Long version of the story:

Went to Bali with my fiance, her sister, her sisters bf, his brother and my brother (little family holiday). We all went out for dinner on the first night and after that the girls wanted to go back to the hotel rooms and chill out. Being a Saturday night us guys thought we would go out and have some fun. The two brothers were single so they went out picking up chicks and us older ones just went out for the cheap beer!

We club hopped from place to place and I was pretty tipsy by the time 12pm came along. Everyone else wanted to continue on so I said I will be leaving at 12:30am if you are coming or not.

I left Paddy's night club at 12:30am by myself which I have done so about 50 times and was about 200m away from the club when a guy asked me "transport, transport" I kindly said "no thanks mate" and continued on. He then grabs me on the left shoulder and spins me around slightly. I then got hit in the back of the head with an object. I hit the ground and in doing so, landed on my tail bone which caused a huge pain/adrenaline shot through my body and I hopped up and just laid into the guy. I hit him a few times in the face and his mate starts running down an alley way. At that stage the attacker drops the object which I heard hit the ground and he pulls his head up. Blood was pissing out of his broken nose. I then notice that the object he hit me with was a crowbar.

After seeing that I start running down JL Legian back towards the Hard Rock where we were staying. A nice aussie woman stops me in the street and asks if I was alright. I said I was fine and that I had just been mugged but I just need to go back to the hotel. She then informs me that I have blood running from my face. Up to this point I didnt realise that they broke skin on the back of my head. I was still shitting myself thinking that about 20 indo's are hot on my tail! I said to her that I have to get to the hotel as she was pulling out a mobile to call the ambulance. I just left her standing there and I bolted to the hotel.

On the way back I started feeling around my head to find out where the blood was coming from. I could feel a nice gash in the back of my head and being totally disgusted with the sight of blood I spewed on JL Pantai.

Finally got the reception at the Hard Rock and everyone raced to my aid. Blood was all down my shirt and all over my face! They called my fiance and her sister and they took me down to the first aid clinic in the hotel.

NOTE: If you ever injure yourself at the Hard Rock dont be alarmed by the "Saw" look-a-like first aid post. Its walls are mouldy but they still use sanitized operating equipment from sealed plastic wraps.

Then they took me to the International Hospital where I got 3 stitches and put on a drip. They monitored for a few hours and then drove me to the police station for my statement and asked me if I could give a description of the two 5ft 4in indonesian blokes. All I could remember is that they were indo and had black hair and black/blue clothes!

Spent the rest of my 2 week vacation in my hotel room unable to walk anywhere. I couldnt go home cos the rest of the people on my trip werent on the same itinerary as me and my fiance and I couldnt leave my brother by himself as he only just met the other guys on the trip at the airport!

Got back to Perth after the 2 weeks and went to the doctor for scans and found out that I have a fractured skull. Also they should have put 11 stitches in me and not 3! Thanks for the awesome scar! 5 months tomorrow since the incident and I still have cronic migraines and dizzy spells!

Sorry to bore everyone with my long ass story. But thats the reason why I wont be going back to Bali even if I got my airfares for free!

jase

TEAM オレンジ

Dyno queen
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

^ very sorry to hear that mate worst holiday ever!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
STI Master

axle at standard level

^^ sorry to hear that too mate. I wouldn't b going back if that happened to me. Sad thing is it sounds like a few of the stories people have told me from Northbridge.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Sign me up!
From one V8 to another!

jasonmurray at standard level

Has anyone else got horror stories of bad holidays or am I the only nub who doesnt have any luck??? haha

TEAM オレンジ

Dyno queen

Tags
bali, special

« Virus | Entourage »