Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Harvey Norman Hookup (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/26504-harvey-norman-hookup.html)

urabus 07-05-2009 11:25 AM

Harvey Norman Hookup

I have bought a new house and it settles at the beginning of June.

I need a heap of stuff like a new king bed / 700l fridge / washing machine / iron etc.

Happy to heap it all together and get it from one place.

Does anyone have any decent hookups at Harvey Norman? They seem to have some beds I like. The fridge and washing machine I can get anywhere but thought it might be better to throw it all together.

Happy to give someone some cash on the sly to cover their commission they would of got if it had been sold at full retail.

I want delivery anytime after the second week in june. I wont be moving in until the end of July but it is vacant possesion so I can start putting the stuff in there anytime after settlement.

I am happy to get all the model numbers etc together and someone can just put some figures on it for me.

Also I dont need delivery...

Thanks

Brendon

impreza_GT 07-05-2009 11:27 AM

how does Harvey's in o'connor sound??

urabus 07-05-2009 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=impreza_GT]how does Harvey's in o'connor sound??[/QUOTE]

O'connor is good so long as they do bedding.

Brendon

impreza_GT 07-05-2009 11:47 AM

yeah they do heaps of bedding...ill pm you now

sleepy 07-05-2009 11:51 AM

Furniture and bedding don't like giving discounts.
Electrical will sell you their soul.

pete gopal 07-05-2009 12:01 PM

i always aim at 15%-20% of their marked price...one thing that always seems to work is: "I've seen this at another store (insert Good Guys/Rick Hart/whatever) for $xxx can you beat this price?" Of course I've never been to other stores, which probably have the same prices on them but if you aim at 15%-20% on anything you'll be fine. They're still making money if they're selling it to me

urabus 07-05-2009 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=sleepy]Furniture and bedding don't like giving discounts.
Electrical will sell you their soul.[/QUOTE]

I think the reason for that is because you can compare prices with the electrical anywhere whereas the bedding stuff (with the exception of linen) is exclusive to harvey norman / bedshed etc. Someone far more cynical than me would suggest that it is the same but they just sew a different badge on it so the retailers can protect their margins.

Brendon

Pimpreza 07-05-2009 05:56 PM

My sister worked in one of the Hardly Normal electrical departments a few months ago, they had a 20% leeway on prices so just hit them hard.

Adz 07-05-2009 06:15 PM

If you need a hookup on beds PM me and i'll be able to help you out. Family in the business..

jOh4n 08-05-2009 01:08 AM

have u ever thought about super a-mart?
not affiliated with them in any way, but though they present as a cheap and nasty place, a closer inspection reveals their quality is very good, as well as their pricing.
i am in your shoes as well --> settlement last week of june.. *sigh*