Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Home Builders (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/26750-home-builders.html)

waxdass 18-05-2009 09:59 PM

Home Builders

boys,

I'm looking at a few houses and trying to make decision by end of this month. One of my issues so far is Broadway Homes (one of the houses that I really like), of what i have heard - people have had nothing but issues with them.

Now obviously, id rather not be fucked around by taking my chances with them or any other building company with a shit rep.

Firstly has anyone here built with them? And what are your experiences?

Secondly - Id rather find a reputable home builder that can give me a similar design (or better) - and build me a complete house minus the kitchen/bathrooms/laundry & rendering as I have family in these trades. Is there a company in Perth that caters to my needs - without going full-on owner builder???

I'd also want a building contract before end of September ;)

cheers.

scooby99 18-05-2009 10:26 PM

how much patients do you have??

get the design, take it to a draftee, change more than 10% of it, then take on a builder to build it for you.

If not content living have about 60+ spec homes. Won't have issue's with them

All comes down to how much $$$ your willing to spend

Serbaru 18-05-2009 11:03 PM

Im looking into getting a houses and land atm and been looking at quite a few builders.

dont mean to invaid waxdass topic but could anyone lead me in the right direction.

-Builders
-Prices
-fees

etc...

waxdass 18-05-2009 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=Serbaru]Im looking into getting a houses and land atm and been looking at quite a few builders.

dont mean to invaid waxdass topic but could anyone lead me in the right direction.

-Builders
-Prices
-fees

etc...[/QUOTE]

all that information is available at display homes.

teejay 18-05-2009 11:17 PM

Surely you have enough relatives who will swap a goat/paprika for all the stuff you need to build a house in about 6 days?

Steal design, hit up Goce and Slave and get cracking!

waxdass 18-05-2009 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=teejay]Surely you have enough relatives who will swap a goat/paprika for all the stuff you need to build a house in about 6 days?

Steal design, hit up Goce and Slave and get cracking![/QUOTE]

yer but building contract will take ages doing it owner builder - means i'l most prob miss out on the full grant by end of sept.

scooby99 18-05-2009 11:25 PM

Not really, once design and price is agreed sign the contract. Just as long as the funds required have pre approval there should be no delay's in the process.

vyper 18-05-2009 11:50 PM

Mrs' parents are building with Atrium. They've been professional and quick so far.

werticusness 18-05-2009 11:52 PM

pre approval means jack and shit.

Serbaru 18-05-2009 11:58 PM

[QUOTE=waxdass]all that information is available at display homes.[/QUOTE]

I have had a look at display homes and what not....just want a heads up really on what i can expect when built like any additional fees the buyer might not be aware of....like blinds, paint, and what not would all that be extra on lets say a 140k house to build, or can that be included in the 140k cost.

Just a noob question.