Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Ps3 problem HELP!!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/27713-ps3-problem-help.html)

smerm07 08-07-2009 06:27 AM

[QUOTE=scoobygez;375828]Yeah thats the one the vga one so can i buy that lead with the hdmi on the other end or does it not matter ie just get the 3 normal plugs red white and red???

that decoder program is taking 1 and a half hrs to download lol piece of shit slow laptop i knew i should of bought a expensive one!!![/QUOTE]
download speed isnt due to the laptop, most likely that site (ive had issues with it before). do you know if your tv has a vga connection on it?

or yes see if you can find a cheap multi-region dvd player.

IanJ 08-07-2009 09:33 AM

Handbrake on your pc plus ext HDD = DVD's playing on PS3

sleepy 08-07-2009 09:40 AM

Sorry to hear mate, sounds like a dvd player would have been a much cheaper option than a PS3.
I have an LG dvd player cost about $80 and was region unlockable.

low rider 08-07-2009 10:13 AM

sorry to hijack the thread, but i bought a ps3 from the states and i've been trying to play aus games on it and it keeps coming up with a setting error, whats settings do i have to change?

perthzed 08-07-2009 10:54 AM

[QUOTE=low rider;375867]sorry to hijack the thread, but i bought a ps3 from the states and i've been trying to play aus games on it and it keeps coming up with a setting error, whats settings do i have to change?[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to play NTSC games on your PS3. Plus you won't be able to play AUS DVDs on your PS3. I had the same deal with my NTSC PS3 from Singapore. I ended up flogging it and buying a Aus PS3.

Kato 08-07-2009 11:13 AM

What is the actual error?

And LOL for not being able to play NTSC (America) games on a PS3 from America.

PS3 games worldwide are all the same and region free.

I happilly play all Aus bought PS3 games on my Japanese PS3.

perthzed 08-07-2009 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Kato;375880]What is the actual error?

And LOL for not being able to play NTSC (America) games on a PS3 from America.

PS3 games worldwide are all the same and region free.

I happilly play all Aus bought PS3 games on my Japanese PS3.[/QUOTE]

I got that wrong. But some older TVS won't play NTSC games because of the number of lines or whatever. That's the issue I had, plus the DVDs wouldn't play.

scoobygez 08-07-2009 04:26 PM

I have got a cheap lg dvd player an that dont play em either :(

gonna get a lead an try it from laptop to tv...

cheers for the help/advice though its much apprecaitted :) :)

WRXTASY 08-07-2009 06:36 PM

If you have a fairly modern LCD or Plasma TV it should have a VGA and at least a few HDMI connections.
Best picture will come out of a DVI connector from your laptop to a HDMI connector on your TV. There are adapters or leads available.

But then you will likely miss out on the best Upscaling from normal DVD's (non BlueRay) to 1080p (HD) I have seen, from your PS3. Even torrent DIVx or XVid files look very good through the PS3. Far better than I can get out of my Macbook.

The easist way to retain very good picture quality is to rip the DVD's into VOB format via Handbrake or MacTheRipper then copy the folders to an 8GB or larger USB Stick. Plug that into the PS3 and bingo. Upscaling and quality sound. :)

daveygravey 08-07-2009 08:24 PM

lol @ jezza :)