Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   1 good thing about Perisher NSW was... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/28316-1-good-thing-about-perisher-nsw.html)

dtrally 04-08-2009 06:31 PM

Perisher's great if you're learning your way, Pretty Valley is a good long run with nothing to hit. Last thing you need on your honeymoon is blowing out a knee or collarbone hey?:eek:
I've been there a few times, sometimes have long lift queues and lots of snowboarders. (you may have noticed snowboarders seem to be out of control a lot more than skiers in general)
You'll have to have another go some time, build on your experience and confidence and you'll enjoy it more and more!:D:D

theprotest 04-08-2009 07:25 PM

Hi Pete,

[QUOTE=rexhunta;382439]they had a brand new Outback sitting on the middle platform that you walk off.
[/QUOTE]

That's just classy. Lovely work.

Sounds like you had a blast, very jealous.

Cheers,
Nik

rexhunta 04-08-2009 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=dtrally;382977]Perisher's great if you're learning your way, Pretty Valley is a good long run with nothing to hit. Last thing you need on your honeymoon is blowing out a knee or collarbone hey?:eek:
I've been there a few times, sometimes have long lift queues and lots of snowboarders. (you may have noticed snowboarders seem to be out of control a lot more than skiers in general)
You'll have to have another go some time, build on your experience and confidence and you'll enjoy it more and more!:D:D[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, how many bloody boarders where there ! Also, i nearly kicked one of the little pricks over, just being a rude 15 year old. He copped it from my wife and he was soon nice after that.

The ramps and the rails in the field next to it was pretty cool though, which was behind the Perisher Manor

silo's_sube 05-08-2009 04:46 PM

now now, dont be nasty to boarders, as that is what i do. and believe many boarders will say the same thing about skiiers.
An ongoing argument that will never end.
Both get in each others way, just remember to use your hip and shoulder!

dtrally 06-08-2009 07:12 PM

I would love to take one of these bad boys for a spin up the mountain!!:D

[IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/dougmarilyn/DSCF0001.jpg[/IMG]

Elrico 06-08-2009 07:36 PM

Skiiers V Boarders. Surfers V Boogers. Fruit booters V the world. Most sports have an arch-enemy. Im going to New Zealand if i go snowboarding! Never seen the snow, lucky bastard :P

dtrally 06-08-2009 08:27 PM

I don't see boarders as an arch enemy. A lot of my mates ride them and I'll happily ski with them. I reckon the problem is that a snowboard is harder than skis to get under full control, particularly if it's icy. Skiing is arguably a harder sport to master but initially (if you have good balance) it's easy to get around without taking people out. Snowboarding takes longer to learn the basics I believe, and there's a lot of kids with attitude that ride them. Twice in the last 2 weeks I've had to dive out of the way of a runaway board because the dumbasses don't use the leash. You soon learn to never turn your back if you stop for any reason.

silo's_sube 06-08-2009 11:17 PM

boarders do attract the 'too cool for school kids' and give us a bad name. bit of a shame really.
haha, that is not a good sign when a flying snowboard is heading your way at 30km/h or so.
but as doug said, sometimes riding with a mix is great fun when you all know what your doing.

and i have been in one of those groomers in the states, pretty cool and comfy machines i must say

you will fall in love Elrico, guaranteed.

rexhunta 07-08-2009 08:10 AM

Did you see the hummer looking thing with tracks on it ? it was like a big yellow square box with tracks. Was pretty cool. And yeah we saw those scrapers up at Blue Cow.

It's the attitude of the teenagers who board that was pissing me off. Them jumping in front of little kids on the lifts, and just being absolute idiots. Pretty much why she cut sick so badly lol.

Elrico, that was my first time touching it, and to say, open your non frosted freezer and jump in. Same thing. We didn't get any super soft snow, and we had to go right away from ski'ing parts to actual play in it and build a snow man.

silo's_sube 07-08-2009 04:38 PM

soft snow 'powder' is the ultimate, once you get that there is no turning back.

yeah they get away with a bit those kiddies/teens.