Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Police and licensce center... right hand doesn't knwo what the left is doing... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/28438-police-licensce-center-right-hand-doesnt-knwo-what-left-doing.html)

MKVIGTI 09-08-2009 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=DAN682;384226]I just had a similar thing happen. I was getting some vehicles re-licensed, the chick at the licensing centre told me that the vehicles are under fine suspension and gave me a case number.
[/QUOTE]

Have I missed something. I thought you could have your drives license suspended for non-payment of fines but how does a vehicle get suspended?

DAN682 09-08-2009 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi;384227]Have I missed something. I thought you could have your drives license suspended for non-payment of fines but how does a vehicle get suspended?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it works, but the vehicles are registered in a company name instead of a persons name.

AWDmoke 09-08-2009 06:38 PM

Correct.

I had half of my company fleet driving around (unaware) suspended for an unpaid parking fine.
The other half of the fleet had the CORRECT address and company name, so were not suspended.

doadrift 10-08-2009 08:02 AM

I got a letter today telling me they are taking my license if I dont pay $88 apparently I didnt vote a couple of years ago. So im confused as all hell as 1 I always vote and 2 its so long ago now I cant even remember.

What sort of bullshit country fines you for not voting? Voting is a right and thus if I did somehow miss it thats my loss in not getting to voice my opinion.

Fuck this country shits me at times.

MKVIGTI 10-08-2009 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=doadrift;384307]I got a letter today telling me they are taking my license if I dont pay $88 apparently I didnt vote a couple of years ago. So im confused as all hell as 1 I always vote and 2 its so long ago now I cant even remember.

What sort of bullshit country fines you for not voting? Voting is a right and thus if I did somehow miss it thats my loss in not getting to voice my opinion.

Fuck this country shits me at times.[/QUOTE]

What sort of a country takes your drivers license off you for not paying the fine for failing to vote???

Kind of unrelated isn't it???

Voting is compulsory as the majority who wouldn't vote are likely to be a similar demographic and would skew the election results towards one party. Voters of the party that would likely benefit would be quite happy but a lot of others would not. Personally I think it should not be compulsory as that should also be your democratic choice.

Smokey 10-08-2009 09:10 AM

you do have the right not to vote, but you dont have the right to be lazy and not take your ass down to the polling booth :)

Bridantay 10-08-2009 09:36 AM

Dont vote and have a George Bush run our country
I paid my license 3 months ago and still havent received my card in the mail, lucky i still have the temporary one they give over the counter

MKVIGTI 10-08-2009 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=Bridantay;384330]Dont vote and have a George Bush run our country
I paid my license 3 months ago and still havent received my card in the mail, lucky i still have the temporary one they give over the counter[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the temporary one expires after a certain time. Might want to read it and check. I had my new plastic one 7 days later.

apg39 10-08-2009 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=doadrift;384307]I got a letter today telling me they are taking my license if I dont pay $88 apparently I didnt vote a couple of years ago. So im confused as all hell as 1 I always vote and 2 its so long ago now I cant even remember.

I got this from when I came from NSW to here, moved just before the election so obviously wasn't there. They sent me 'letter & fines' apparently but nothing got to me. They ended up sending it to the (NSW) State Debt Recovery office which enforced another $50 fine & they used an old address (parents) from my old license 5 years ago.

I recieved it with 2 days to go before my licence would be suspended for non-payment, called State Debt & they said write a letter saying you weren't in town & didn't recieve original fine because you moved. Apparently the majority of the time they just write off the whole fine, which is what I'm applying for now.

Was furious when I first got it though.

Foxymophandlmama 10-08-2009 12:04 PM

In Australia voting has been compulsory since 1924 so its not so much a right as a requirment, not like its a new thing. And its always been that if you didnt vote then you would run the risk of a fine.

As has been said if your government doesnt require u to show up and put something on the voting slip then u end up being like the USofA and,(no offence to or yankie members) we all know we dont want that.

If the country shits u, dude there's no fences holding you in....