Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level
Default Driving on the beach

Just wondering if anyone knows what are council rules for beach driving? I almost got booked by a ranger near two rocks last sunday but further north near Wilbinga they don't seem to mind it?

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Pete,

heaps of Info on Perth-4x4 on this.

4wding on Dunes and foreshore reserves in between the Shire of Murray and City of Wanneroo is illegal. If you go you risk up to $1000 fine, depending what mood the ranger is in. Granted, I have been out to Alkimos, and seen the ranger, and not had anything said, but I guess, catch one on a bad day, and prepare to be fined. So I tend not to go out there anymore

This means 4wding in Two Rocks is also illegal, but there is a designated track off the intersection of Sovereign Drive, and Damepattie Drive, which leads you thru to Wilbinga. Once in the shire of Gin Gin, you can do what you like. I have an aerial map basically that shows the track thru, which is a designated track, and signposted as such, so you know your safe. I have been up there the last 5 weekends out of 6, and having a great time! You can go from Wilbinga Beach, thru to Lanno, then thru to Wedge, then thru to Cervanties and Jurien, but its a treck i'm told... I've only done Lanno thru to Wedge at this stage, a bit unsure of the rest, would rather go with some experienced people.

PM me ur email, and I'll send thru the PDF link to download if you like. Its nothing special, but it shows where you cross into the shire of Gin Gin, and therefore can access the beach.

But its pretty boggy out there this time of year. I was out on the beach on Sunday, and on 18psi I was mowing thru nicely, so just make sure you take the pressure down.

Should come out with us one weekend. Won't be going this weekend, but I will probably go next. Starting to get a decent group of cars and bikes together now to head out.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Hey mate,

I am very interested in the PDF link if you can flick it through to me?

Keen to get out more in the Lux, been hitting the hills recently. Beach would be a nice change.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:16 PM

PM me email addy's. I'll do my best to get it hosted. I only have access to my work FTP, so if someone else has one I can use, please let me know, I can send thru the file on disk, or probably to a hotmail email with no size limit.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:28 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

P.S., next time any of you cvnts cut through the old Atlantis Marine Park up in Two Rocks, you'll have flat tyres... I've buried cut off star pickets on that track that goes from Enterprise Ave to the beach, because its PRIVATE PROPERTY.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:32 PM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

Quote:
Does not play nicely with the other children
Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

I'm keen on the map too
Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

yeah i've done the whole lancelin to cervanties. Not too bad, lancelin beach was probably the boggiest but yea 17psi got thru no worries. Didnt get bogged but a mate did and i had a chance to use Maxtrax for the first time Very nice drive, so do it if you have the time. Check with the department of defence when they're using that area for training. When we went thru there was a soldier at the post and told us to turn around, we did but we went thru another way and when we got to the beach a plane flew right past us at minimum height....almost shat myself hahaha

havent done wilbinga yet but seems like fun so definately send us that pdf!

also i bought an el cheapo gps of flea-bay for $119 which runs windows CE and chucked oziexplorer ce on it with some 1:25k and 1:50k maps (the most accurate ones i've seen so far were 1:250k but these are way better, with 4wd tracks and all)....farkin brilliant. Except it doesnt say where someone private property is...i tend not to go if there's a sign "keep out private property" or the like

Old 03-11-2009, 01:55 PM

angry little Joesak.

email sent to those who PM'd me addresses. My work server might wait till tonight to send it out, so if you haven't got it by tomorrow, let me know... Fingers crossed it doesn't bounce
Old 03-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
P.S., next time any of you cvnts cut through the old Atlantis Marine Park up in Two Rocks, you'll have flat tyres... I've buried cut off star pickets on that track that goes from Enterprise Ave to the beach, because its PRIVATE PROPERTY.
fair enough i'd hate if someone did that to my property but what you have to be aware of is if someone gets hurt and it's been proved that you were the person who burried these....you'll get raped. Good luck as there's no easy way out of this situation. Seems like property owners will never be protected by the law.

Tags
beach, driving