Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   what air con do you have (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/30192-what-air-con-do-you-have.html)

tiddy 20-01-2010 12:04 AM

[QUOTE=norwest_rumbler;424182]just had a new 10kw daikin inverter split system installed 3 hours ago & its not getting cold.

one of the pipes on the outside unit gets freezing cold (as it should) but inside unit is not getting cold at all.

installer said it takes a while to get working but its been hours now.

anyone else had this

cheers[/QUOTE]
Had an lg one in the last house, thesame thing happened, the temp sensor in the indoor control panel was rooted, lg replaced it and it was all good.
problem with ducted is that rats like cool areas in a hot roof so they bite thru the two layers of insulation on your ducting and make them selves at home inside the duct... and eventually die and stink the place out.

[QUOTE=sMY00n;412009]wow whats that cost you to run[/QUOTE]

Old folks are waiting for the next power bill, it should be ok tho, house keeps pretty cool anyway.

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 12:08 AM

this isnt a ducted one, im hoping its normal & going to fix itself.

installer told me they go thru self diagnostics/tests or something, but fuck its taking ages.

tiddy 20-01-2010 12:17 AM

10kw wall mounted split? fcukin hell!!! u should be freezing your ass off!!!!

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 12:21 AM

yeah thats what they tell me.
its a fairly large room with high ceilings windows etc, but its just an expensive fan at the moment.
f
u
c
k

s
a
k
e

tiddy 20-01-2010 12:27 AM

sure its 10kw?
has it got its own breaker in your switchboard?
i didnt know that splits went up to 10kw.
very expensive fun u got there.

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 12:32 AM

yeah its a fx100 or something & it should be the biggest one they make.

nice unit & external part is huge, just wonder when the fucker will work.

havent had an inverter before & installer said it would take 1/2 an hour or so, still nothing yet.

cheers

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=tiddy;424195]has it got its own breaker in your switchboard?
[/QUOTE]
you know what, i dont think it has.
the 2 x2.5hp splits we just took out had one each, but this one doesnt seem to have one at all.

they did run a heavier power cable to the board tho for it & im in no doubt it is the 10kw one, but yeah it should have a breaker i assume.....?

tiddy 20-01-2010 12:41 AM

inverter just means it never turns off, its constantly on so you save power by it not switching compressors on an off all of the time.
would have thought it would be instantly cool, exactly the same setup as a cars aircon.
you got a problem there :( checked if its on auto, cool, heat, de-humidify or fan?

norwest_rumbler 20-01-2010 12:45 AM

yeah, tried changng modes but then only back to aircon.

just put it onto heat mode & 30deg c but not heating up yet either.

thing i cant work out is why when it was aircon one of the pipes outside to the compressor unit was freezing cold (as itshould be) but no cold air coming out the awesome fan inside?

what about the breaker, should there be one or not strictly required?
thanks alot

tiddy 20-01-2010 12:51 AM

[QUOTE=norwest_rumbler;424199]you know what, i dont think it has.
the 2 x2.5hp splits we just took out had one each, but this one doesnt seem to have one at all.

they did run a heavier power cable to the board tho for it & im in no doubt it is the 10kw one, but yeah it should have a breaker i assume.....?[/QUOTE]

yeah should definately have its own breaker!
if its 10hp and not 10kw then a 32amp single would be alright.
if you have 3 phase then look for a nice new shiny 3 pole breaker :)
you can run 1kw air cons straight off of the power circuit, but any bigger and it needs its own circuit.