Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   what air con do you have (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/30192-what-air-con-do-you-have.html)

sMY00n 16-11-2009 01:54 PM

what air con do you have

So summer is well on its way and the weather is starting to heat up so I have been looking at getting air con for the new home.

I have been talking to lots of different air con companies and each one has is own story get evap get reverse cycle etc it all sounds like they are trying to push there product out the door. So what I want to know is what system do you have and how do you find it pros and cons.

spentan 16-11-2009 01:58 PM

we have a central ducted reverse cycle system (Carrier Brand) that was already installed in the house when we bought it about 15 years ago (it was about 30 years old at that point).

my parents hate aircon though, unless if its really hot (and even then dad feels comfortable), therefore I have an LG ArtCool system in my computer room and an ArtCool system in my bedroom.

Mum just got a Daikin system fitted for her Piano Studio, and that seems to be the bomb, ArtCools were good, don't get me wrong, but I think the Daikin is definitely in a class above.

GX-REX 16-11-2009 02:07 PM

Evap is crap. On a hot day it will just become humid.

I have a ducted reverse cycle Daikin system in my place. I had it installed 2 - 3 years ago.
It does eat electricity but is worth it. I have heard that inverter systems are the go but havent tried them myself.

DAN682 16-11-2009 02:17 PM

I have reverse cycle, ducted.

Temperzone.... AVOID AVOID AVOID!

The thing fucks up twice a year and then it is supposed to have a 10 year warranty which when getting help they said it is out of warranty after 5 years, I sent them documentation of the 10 year warranty and they said that was from the "now broke company". I told them I don't give a fuck, anyway long story short.

Reverse Cycle Good
Temperzone FUCKED

If you need a hook up let me know. My mate works at Season makers.

Makoto 16-11-2009 02:56 PM

Depending what system you after....if you are after a split.....daikin does the best...but you'll be paying top dollar, else a panasonic or fujitsu are pretty good...
evaporative system does shit all in summer.......so stay away...

Jimmy S 16-11-2009 03:03 PM

hahah... a few of my mates work for Air Group Australia, and swear by ducted evaporative... We recently had it installed at our place and it seems great!

We also have a split system in our main room, for the occaisional day when its too humid for the Evaporative system to go!

Strubaru 16-11-2009 03:06 PM

i got a panasonic reverse cyle invertor split system, my mate who does heaps of installs recons they're as good as daikin but heaps cheaper, fujitsu equally as good as panasonic too ;)

be warned though, they chew power using them for heating in winter :(

MKVIGTI 16-11-2009 03:10 PM

Daikin. Like your mods. Do it once do it right.

I know a some people in Adelaide that had a heap of holiday apartments. Only ones that never f&^ked up and the only ones they even got a quote for when replacing the last of the others a few years ago.

Have Daikin Ducted upstairs and a split down stairs. Never missed a beat for the 5 years they have been in.

Evap is crap as already said ( good when you have a really dry heat but it's usually humid here when it gets hot ) and the Reverse cycle gives you the heating as well.

sMY00n 16-11-2009 05:31 PM

I want to be able to run the aircon most days so if it uses alot of power then I guess its not the way to go. I have also just got the grant to get the solar power on the roof will this offset the cost of the air con running.
I need to get a ducted system as the house is to big for a split system.

I have been looking at fujitsu and daiken reverse cycle air con and breezair evap.

I dont care about heating in winter I have a great gas heater at home and I dont mind the cold its the heat that sucks.

DAN682 16-11-2009 05:37 PM

Thats easy, just get a dodgy sparky in that will wire the air con directly to the grid.

I can give you a few names :p