Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Chevy Badge on a Holden WTF is the deal (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/30213-chevy-badge-holden-wtf-deal.html)

Strubaru 17-11-2009 07:39 PM

i give my mate at work sooooo much shit for doing this, he's changed the rear garnish between the tail-lights also so now it says 'chevrolet' i call it the 'chavrolet' .... 'chav' being the english version of trailer trash :D

what shits me the most is he's left the 'commodore SS' decals on the rear doors :rolleyes:

bumpstop 17-11-2009 07:53 PM

I may as well put "Mitsubishi" badges on my M21 Proton.

American Dave 17-11-2009 07:53 PM

well all I know is it just makes me want to tell the owner.....you bought a holden not a chevy so be proud of it rather than looking like Billy Bob & Clevis at Walmart shopping for new fancy duds to wear to the next Nascar event or the even bigger Spring Pig Huntin & Rootin season.

American Dave 17-11-2009 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;409522]i give my mate at work sooooo much shit for doing this, he's changed the rear garnish between the tail-lights also so now it says 'chevrolet' i call it the 'chavrolet' .... 'chav' being the english version of trailer trash :D

what shits me the most is he's left the 'commodore SS' decals on the rear doors :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

pics please :D

phizzle 17-11-2009 07:56 PM

[QUOTE=American Dave;409529]well all I know is it just makes me want to tell the owner.....you bought a holden not a chevy so be proud of it rather than looking like Billy Bob & Clevis at Walmart shopping for new fancy duds to wear to the next Nascar event or the even bigger Spring Pig Huntin & Rootin season.[/QUOTE]
Same as I posted on antilag: I absolutely LOVE IT when you see a Chev badged Holden, yet it has a Southern Cross sticker on the back window. National Pride Fail cockfags!!

American Dave 17-11-2009 07:58 PM

LOL identity crisis and too much Channel 1 Sport viewing, tractor pulling, nascar, redneck olympics, etc

Bet I would get a different response if I posted this thread on AL.

Papa Het 17-11-2009 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=mr_psi;409498]why put sti badges/stickers on a wrx?[/QUOTE]

Or GTR badges on a none GTR Skyrine. Americans keep putting them on new shape Mustangs, I saw that on the net so its true.

[QUOTE=Julian84;409519]LOL ive seen one on the new barina. made me lol sooooo hard, especially considering the car is just a rebadged lacetti to begin with. its korean ffs[/QUOTE]

Daewoo is dead and is now owned by GM, in most other markets the cars are actually badged as Chevrolet.

[QUOTE=phizzle;409531]Same as I posted on antilag: I absolutely LOVE IT when you see a Chev badged Holden, yet it has a Southern Cross sticker on the back window. National Pride Fail cockfags!![/QUOTE]

Always have a chuckle over that one myself :D

muggz 17-11-2009 08:12 PM

Its called the misinformed public.
I also love how people assume the LS series motors as ''350'' but its more like ''346'' which sux to be them when they get plates like [350 _____] and whack them on a late model commonwhore. FAIL!!

I might start putting Holden badges on my Caddys and Camaro just to even it out hey Dave? :p

ImPreSiV 17-11-2009 08:16 PM

^^ thats like a VN SS I saw with XXX 308 as the plates, when clearly, the fuel injected V8 motor in the VN's is a 304.

My mate has a chev badge on his vy, I must admit, it looks better on the front opposed to the massive holden badge that was there... looks like it fits better too..

AJAYJAY 17-11-2009 08:24 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;409544]^^ thats like a VN SS I saw with XXX 308 as the plates[/QUOTE]

is it white and always packed on Amelia street oppisite balcatta high?

his plates are ACE 308