Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Most of the population doesn't really know what's going on and goes along for the ride. 12 months ago, ask anyone in the street if a stimulus was required and 99% would say yes. HOW that stimulus was commissioned is a moot point.

Confidence governs the financial market on a much larger scale than people anticipate, and given the spate of events in October 2008, it was lost amongst most speculator's let alone mum and dad investors.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Wasn't Gough Whitlam chucked out for less than this?

Why should we all be punished for this piss poor management of the country?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Its because the majority elected them Kato....also remember Rudd & Co have not even completed their term so the debt will likely be significantly more by the time elections get called.

I posted this thread simply because I think we all should be informed taxpayers and voters..nothing more and nothing less.

I think I could do just as good a job or better than Kev if borrowings and debt were the basis for my policies. The key is fiscal responsibility or lack of it pure and simple. We have a relatively small population that is aging quickly. What that means is that our children will carry a much greater burden financially due to our mismanagement now.

Last edited by American Dave; 05-03-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:27 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

jezzamcbezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
We have a relatively small population that is aging quickly. What that means is that our children will carry a much greater burden financially due to our mismanagement now.
That's exactly what most people can't see.
Baby boomers on mass coming into retirement, with social security and hospital / medical to be funded by Gen X and Gen Y taxes - which really means just Gen X

Add to that the billion dollar debt Krudd government took us into...
Old 05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

the main problem is - and I am not trying to be elitist here BUT - average Joe makes up greater than 50% of the voting public. That group of voters historically have never voted based on financial responsibility of the government. The only concern given is how their little patch is going. Taking this into account and "if" that voter group watches the news (absolute rubbish that it is) all that will be heard is that Australia avoided the GFC compared with other countries, that and they will see the puppet prime minister talking to insulation contractors and writing crap and names in his notebook - awe doesn't he really care about the battler (jump on the bandwagon unemployed, no skills oppourtunists who all became instant "qualified" insulation installers)

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 05-03-2010, 03:38 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

The problem here is democracy. It doesn't work, sure its a nice idealogy and sounds great when preached from the rooftops and steps of parliament.

The fundamental flaw is that the vote of an intellect is equal to the vote of a fool.

Australia is full of uneducated, ignorant, sheltered and lazy fools. If it's not happening in their street, aussies don't care. Thats why Today Tonight rates so well and why we are so racist, why we constantly vote NO on referenda, why we are opposed to change no matter how progressive and why we couldn't give a toss about the future as long as Footy is on the telly and Dominos still delivers.

Australians traditionally have no understanding of foreign policy, economics, trade or wealth re-distribution, so we tend to entrust our livelihood to whoever dangles the biggest carrot or which ever party we 'dislike' less.

Also these fools greatly outnumber those capable of making an informed decision, and if these fools don't turn up to vote we fine them.

Sucks don't it. At least there's footy on tonight, and I wouldn't mind Pizza....
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

LOL make mine a supreme extra cheese please, Saints will win easily.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Papa Het at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post
The problem here is democracy. It doesn't work, sure its a nice idealogy and sounds great when preached from the rooftops and steps of parliament.

The fundamental flaw is that the vote of an intellect is equal to the vote of a fool.

Australia is full of uneducated, ignorant, sheltered and lazy fools. If it's not happening in their street, aussies don't care. Thats why Today Tonight rates so well and why we are so racist, why we constantly vote NO on referenda, why we are opposed to change no matter how progressive and why we couldn't give a toss about the future as long as Footy is on the telly and Dominos still delivers.

Australians traditionally have no understanding of foreign policy, economics, trade or wealth re-distribution, so we tend to entrust our livelihood to whoever dangles the biggest carrot or which ever party we 'dislike' less.

Also these fools greatly outnumber those capable of making an informed decision, and if these fools don't turn up to vote we fine them.

Sucks don't it. At least there's footy on tonight, and I wouldn't mind Pizza....
Never a truer set of words spoken, good post sir!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Nothing for me to say but at least there seems to be some intelligence on the matter here.

Oh and bloddy useless Dockers. Why do they make it so painful?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
It's a 2 party system, and neither candidate was a good choice IMO
One of them was the guy that had us sitting with no debt and one of them was the guy who is now getting us into this debt.... i thought the good choice was clear and anyone who didnt see this coming is a blind fool.

Just wish I had gone on record somewhere when I said it back when martin prince... sorry,... kevin rudd was voted in.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.

Tags
chairman, debt, owe, rudd