Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-2006, 02:29 PM
MattyP

Well I got done for 21km over the limit (131kmph) in Sydney on the M4 I think it was. $226 & 3 points later (minimum points taken off ANY fine in NSW is 3pts now) Lucky I had WA plates and license as the points didn't effect me, however I have the incident highlighted in 'green' on my file (insider info)
Same fine here would be $150 & 3pts
Old 18-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyP
Well I got done for 21km over the limit (131kmph) in Sydney on the M4 I think it was. $226 & 3 points later (minimum points taken off ANY fine in NSW is 3pts now) Lucky I had WA plates and license as the points didn't effect me, however I have the incident highlighted in 'green' on my file (insider info)
Same fine here would be $150 & 3pts
How do you mean the points didnt effect you? Is that because you had 12 of them or cant other states take points from an out of state license?
Old 18-01-2006, 03:28 PM
MattyP

I had accumulated 9 points at this stage on my WA license *looks @ my blue sheet from the cops*, and this fine would have cleaned me out. However I talked to a few lawyer friends who said that the fine won't effect my WA license as its in another state. The other story I heard was that another fellow Perth photog was clocked doing a crazy speed in Sydney in 05, fined $600 but lost no points. He also didn't have his car taken away due to this fact too.
My mum use to work in the camera section @ the cop shops years ago, and if someone from another state was flashed they just threw the photo out / didn't bother processing it.

Last edited by MattyP; 18-01-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 18-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyP
I had accumulated 9 points at this stage on my WA license *looks @ my blue sheet from the cops*, and this fine would have cleaned me out. However I talked to a few lawyer friends who said that the fine won't effect my WA license as its in another state. The other story I heard was that another fellow Perth photog was clocked doing a crazy speed in Sydney in 05, fined $600 but lost no points. He also didn't have his car taken away due to this fact too.
My mum use to work in the camera section @ the cop shops years ago, and if someone from another state was flashed they just threw the photo out / didn't bother processing it.
Very veryyy interesting!
Old 18-01-2006, 07:33 PM
STI Master

Ethos at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Ethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
HAH yeah, wasnt I wrong :P

Why yes I did, between 94 and 99
Then Hedland, Then The canals, Then Newman, then Mariners Cove, now Bridgewater.
Oh no bridgewater...
having problems with your borewater yet?
Old 18-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos
Oh no bridgewater...
having problems with your borewater yet?
Dont have it, I suck the dams dry instead, however they are a little orange around this way yes
Old 19-01-2006, 10:15 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

VF34 at standard level

Must concur, Victoria is the worst! They get you for doing 2km over the limit which is less than the Aust Standard for error correction for the radar the p*g's use. They even hide their entire car within a large shrub, just outside of Hamilton, country Victoria, and try and ping ya whilst hiding in the bush. They even don't display "you have passed through a speed trap" sign.

Soon they will be forcing compulsory road worthy to make some more $$$.

The worst thing is that none of the revenue goes back into the roads, the Vic's have the worst roads, coilovers + Victorian Roads = Kidney Brace!!!
Old 20-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Scoobie Noobie

fin at standard level

I've heard cops are now cross referencing interstate licenses, so where before you effectively you could get away with speeding out of your home state, its likely to come off your home license now. (dunno how reliable this is btw, but makes sense.)
Old 20-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

I dont think they honestly care that you get the points or not, as long as they can collect their $$$.

Tags
bad, fines, wa

« Horny Dog | Avatars »