Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 08:15 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxpc at standard level
Default Dry July

I have taken up the Dry July challenge!

I know alcohol is a subject very close to the hearts of many P-WRX members, as it is to mine. Before this month, a weekend without beer is something I hadn't experienced since I began drinking (sometime back in the stone age if you believe Jester). But I figured it was for a worthy cause and god knows I could do with losing a couple of kilos, so here I am on day 12 of my first Dry July.

The charity blurb goes like this:

Dry July is an online social community where an individual or team can sign up to the challenge of a month long sponsored abstinence from alcohol.

The funds raised from participants' sponsorship directly benefit the lives of adults living with cancer right across Australia. See our beneficiaries for 2010

Sponsorship is raised online via participant or team profile pages. You can find your chosen participant or team by searching for them via the "Make a donation to" search box on the homepage.

Dry July is about clearing your head and making a difference. Get healthy, challenge yourself, encourage positive change and a healthy attitude to alcohol consumption.

We hope you embrace the concept, take on the challenge and ensure Dry July has a positive effect on your well-being as well as the well-being of others.

2008 was Dry July's inaugural year with over 1000 participants and raised a combined total of $257,283 for the Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation and Dreams2Live4 Committee based in Sydney, New South Wales.

In 2009, Dry July went national attracting over 4000 participants Australia wide. Collectively, participants helped raise over $1.27 million dollars for adult cancer patients at our 6 beneficiary hospitals.

DJ (Dry.July.er) [dee-jay] noun: a person or team actively sponsored to participate in Dry July.

So fellow P-WRX members, how about sponsoring me and help raise some money for our local Sir Charles Gairdner hospital? Anything over $2 is tax deductible, and the money you donate may well benefit yourself or someone you know one day.

You can sponsor me here: https://www.dryjuly.com/profiles/garyjones

BTW if you do chose to sponsor me, please don't buy me a Gold Ticket (which would allow me to drink on the night you designate). If I'm going to do this properly I'd rather say dry for the whole month, boring as it is ...

Thanks, and I'll raise a glass to your good health in August!

Cheers,

Wrxpc

Tags
dry, july