Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level
Default Go pro HD to borrow

Hey guys wanting to borrow a HD go pro.. i have the older version which dosent like being outside as it just pics up wind noise..

If i could borrow one that would be great...

Also chasing a camera/vid camera tripod so that the person recording vid can have a stable video...

Cheers,

Tino
Old 15-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

For Collie I'm guessing.
Old 15-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Tino I have the HD. It seems to pick up a bit of wind too, but I have no idea how it compares to yours. From what I read it's a fair bit better though.
It has the suction mount for motor sport as well as 5-6 '3M sticky' mounts for helmets/hard-to-reach interesting locations in the car and what not.

It had a trip across the asphalt at 80ks an hour on the Colin cruise, so the lens of the waterproof case is scratched. Other than that it's sound. The fact it fell off was my fault for mounting it in a huge rush (trying to beat some lights! I did beat the lights ...wasn't worth it obviously).
Fobz has my SDHC memory card so I can't try it out and see if the camera focuses past the scratches. I doubt it will though; it's got quite the aperture and picks up stuff near and far. At best they'd look like a big smudge on screen.

If you're keen to try it, I've order the lens replacement kit which is express couriered overnight to chosen delivery address. It should be delivered to me at work on Friday. Depending on when you're leaving, I could get the camera & card to you myself on Friday late arvo. If you're leaving earlier then that, it's likely the lens kit wont be delivered to me on time and you'd have a crap picture. Not worth it.

Break it you bought it.

Reimbursement: you pick some sweet original angles and do some sweet hot laps.

Deal or no deal?

Last edited by ALEX.; 15-09-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 16-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
Tino I have the HD. It seems to pick up a bit of wind too, but I have no idea how it compares to yours. From what I read it's a fair bit better though.
It has the suction mount for motor sport as well as 5-6 '3M sticky' mounts for helmets/hard-to-reach interesting locations in the car and what not.

It had a trip across the asphalt at 80ks an hour on the Colin cruise, so the lens of the waterproof case is scratched. Other than that it's sound. The fact it fell off was my fault for mounting it in a huge rush (trying to beat some lights! I did beat the lights ...wasn't worth it obviously).
Fobz has my SDHC memory card so I can't try it out and see if the camera focuses past the scratches. I doubt it will though; it's got quite the aperture and picks up stuff near and far. At best they'd look like a big smudge on screen.

If you're keen to try it, I've order the lens replacement kit which is express couriered overnight to chosen delivery address. It should be delivered to me at work on Friday. Depending on when you're leaving, I could get the camera & card to you myself on Friday late arvo. If you're leaving earlier then that, it's likely the lens kit wont be delivered to me on time and you'd have a crap picture. Not worth it.

Break it you bought it.

Reimbursement: you pick some sweet original angles and do some sweet hot laps.

Deal or no deal?
Sweet Alex.. sounds good mate.. yeh of course u break u buy i should have said that initially.. hahah

Im looking at leaving friday arvo around 3-4.. so that might fit in nicely.. I do have my standard go pro which i can always swap out the lens case if required...
Old 16-09-2010, 12:45 PM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Let me borrow your one tino.

Tags
borrow, hd, pro