Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Sick of break-ins and thieving bastards (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/37812-sick-break-ins-thieving-bastards.html)

VETTETOREX 18-10-2010 09:09 AM

Sick of break-ins and thieving bastards

I live in Bunbury on an arterial road.

Over the years the amount of car break-ins, vandalism, yard thefts has been amazing.

Usually have a couple of months between them but now regularly weekends and weeknights the lowlifes come in and help themselves.

They normally look for cash/valuables (they leave 10c and 5c coins behind though). All cars are locked.
The interior light on my WRX is on permanently now. I don't know how they get in. Hilux surf has been a target many times. Holden statesmen has been violated too.

Items of value on the verandah, around the front or side of the house gone, moved, found in bushes. House is behind a large gate very far from the road. About 12 years ago a young girl was raped on the boot of one of our cars on a Thursday night. (Police got them eventually)

ANYWAY I'M SICK OF IT. Have had a security camera before and alarm but all quite useless. Plenty of security and surveillance signs around.

Now sticking up 4 video cameras, maybe padlock gates.

What I really want to know is...

What kind of weapons should I use when I catch these bastards and will I go to jail (If they don't knife me first)?

What else can you do. Hardly report to the police as it seems to be a dead end and even if they catch them the penalties are a joke.

Anyone else sick of this kind of Bull****?

BOMB3R 18-10-2010 09:13 AM

Can you not move? I think moving would be a better option than jail...........

Failing that set some rabbit/bear traps.

VETTETOREX 18-10-2010 09:26 AM

Moving won't help. These bastards are everywhere.

My friends have nearly all had recent break-ins - especially during school holidays.

One friends car violated when we left his house for 10 minutes and came back and the interior was spewed all over the carport with the shrapnel gone(1pm).

Another friend has recently started a family and moved to Dalyellup to be safe and have had more break-ins than when they used to live in Carey Park (Scary Park).

Anyway It makes me feel dirty inside every time and completely helpless. When I read the paper of mass car torching and tyre slashing around Bunbury I feel a bit better.

Realistically I would not confront them as that would make matters worse and maybe personal.

A couple of months ago I heard a big smash and run out at 1am to find a HSV snapped the light pole and spun a few times. I went to help the guys inside the car and they bolted - leaving a nice blood trail.

2 weeks ago different light pole - Car snapped it and then drove off.

I think this is just the world we live in now....

phizzle 18-10-2010 09:26 AM

Get some big, angry, fuck off, bitey dogs.

Beware: Dangerous dogs reside at this property.
ENTER AT OWN RISK.
Today's tresspasser, tomorrow's dog shit.
Tresspassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
Owner of this house protects property by shotgun 4 nights a week. You guess which 4.
etc.

You'll find it's the same group doing it. Pretend to go out, hide in a ninja spot with a video camera and record them in action and follow them when they leave. Call the Police to meet you at their destination, say one might have a gun to get a quick response "I dunno LOL, it looked like a handgun, officer". Hopefully Police arrive and busts some skulls/demand satisfaction/has their authoritaaaaaaaah respected.

American Dave 18-10-2010 09:33 AM

A big black doberman is the answer to your problems mate !

VETTETOREX 18-10-2010 09:38 AM

Good Ideas.

I don't think its the same group. Problems skyrocketed when they put a 24 hour servo down the road. (There's also a bottle shop, pub and way to town centre)

I have sat there on a Saturday Night and so many delinquents walk past, several have stopped and wandered in and when I walk out they bail. Even almost run over a young guy passed out in the driveway vomitting. He wouldnt budge even with a car almost on top of him with the horn blaring.

Anyway this has been happening on and off for the last 20 years and now it appears to be climaxing.

Thanks I just needed to get his off my chest because last night they crossed the bloody line.

TROLLEY 18-10-2010 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=phizzle;502205]Tresspassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.[/QUOTE]
HAHA

Personally I'd drill a 12foot bore and put a "temporary cover" over it. Something that looked grassy and leafy...

VETTETOREX 18-10-2010 09:42 AM

A dog would be great. (Apart from the landmines)

If some punk were to enter the property and get mauled... Where does the law stand?

I'd hate to think the thief gets sympathy and they put the dog down?
I have heard many stories like this (Thief gets locked in freezer then sues etc)

RUSSGT 18-10-2010 09:54 AM

In america maybe. Not so much in aus i wouldnt think. I really feel for you mate! It sounds terrible!

American Dave 18-10-2010 10:01 AM

place sign on your front gate, Beware of Dog, enter at your own risk.