Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Krispy Kreme in administration (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/38176-krispy-kreme-administration.html)

MY99 02-11-2010 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;507344]That's the "administration" in a nutshell - [I]"awesome if they are warm"[/I]. The delivery logistics were never going to meet the original US model and , hence, the effort to try ($) caused them to fail.

They NEED to focus on high output stores that can supply a "fresh" product.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They were so good a few years back when each store used to make their own.

stockt12 02-11-2010 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=NVRENUF;507374]surprising , My friend tried to open a franchise here but they knocked him back because they said it would take business away from the Melbourne airport outlet.

turns out they did that on their own haha[/QUOTE]

No, they actually wanted a company owned store here. Along with many friends, we all tried hard in terms of communication with kk australia without success.

fatboy 02-11-2010 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=dtrally;507406]Yeah, sucked in all you fatties that squeeze past me with your 6+ boxes of sugarry shit. It's only a glazed doughnut FFS! Maybe I'm a cranky old bastard but when I see a fat arsed woman trying to shove a coupla boxes of that shit in an overhead locker next to my camera and laptop I feel like telling her "you've had enough already!!!":mad:[/QUOTE]

HEY, I resemble that remark!;)

VETTETOREX 02-11-2010 05:20 PM

I think it's just the name injected to our sub-concious that made them so popular. (Beastie Boys?)

In my opinion they tasted good, but were still just donuts.

I remember buying boxes and boxes along with everyone else and doing home deliveries off a flight from Sydney after lining up for ages.

The way people go on and on about them...WOW!

I think we are all FOOLS!

B4GT 02-11-2010 05:23 PM

had them few times as a snack in hongkong subways, they are good.

gorotsuki69 02-11-2010 05:24 PM

fresh donuts from Coles beats Krispy Kreme ones that's had 5 hours flight time any day.

GTB Liberty 02-11-2010 06:24 PM

I've bought them once ... They're nothing special.

Bit like Taco Bell - bastardisation of an acceptable food.

Real Mexican is brilliant so is a well made pastry.

the kiwi 02-11-2010 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;507597]

Real Mexican is brilliant so is a well made pastry.[/QUOTE]

is there a good bakery in perth? Mama Mia's has a good pie, and jesters is good for the availability.

But I have not found a real and decent, fresh apple turnover or custard square. Just obviously mass produced crap sold through the bakery.

The Suby 02-11-2010 08:17 PM

Why is this newsworthy? Or even thread-worthy?
Get over it fatties, who cares!

Kato 03-11-2010 08:33 AM

I'm more saddened there is no thread about Baskin and Robbins going into administration!

Will noone think of pedobear!