Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

nicebus at standard level
Default Citic Pacific Mining

Anyone on here work for CPM up in the Fortescue / Cape Preston area ?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:21 PM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

what info you chasing !!? PM ?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswrxy View Post
what info you chasing !!? PM ?
Recently applied for a job there. Was just wondering what it's like there. Web site looks good.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 PM
STI Master

would depend on your position, if its a trade role, you'd probably find it ok as its a large project with minimal red tape ie - bhp etc, i would be a bit weary on the longevity of the role as there are certain things a bit dodgy when it comes to paying bills, ( ie you work 4 weeks of ya roster and they go into adminstration and you have to wait for your cash can be a pain ! ) BUT not saying that will happen, just check out the actual contract etc, accom is still hoteling rooms generally for the larger companies, but you may be lucky enough to score a full time room - request it ! they want you , they WILL make it happen, least you have mobile and reception for internet dongle thingy there too, ummmmmm site upload is average......rates sometimes are a bit low for the industry but this would depend on your role.... help ?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:12 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswrxy View Post
would depend on your position, if its a trade role, you'd probably find it ok as its a large project with minimal red tape ie - bhp etc, i would be a bit weary on the longevity of the role as there are certain things a bit dodgy when it comes to paying bills, ( ie you work 4 weeks of ya roster and they go into adminstration and you have to wait for your cash can be a pain ! ) BUT not saying that will happen, just check out the actual contract etc, accom is still hoteling rooms generally for the larger companies, but you may be lucky enough to score a full time room - request it ! they want you , they WILL make it happen, least you have mobile and reception for internet dongle thingy there too, ummmmmm site upload is average......rates sometimes are a bit low for the industry but this would depend on your role.... help ?
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

How much do you like asbestos?

Place is farkin full of it.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
How much do you like asbestos?

Place is farkin full of it.
Well that would have to be a worry.
You work/worked there ?

Do they manage it with PPE or w/e ?

Is it airborne or visible cluster ?
Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Bahahaha
Do you like communism? It was by far the worst mine/site I've ever been involved in. CPM are basically the Chinese government (think citic pacific bank etc)
I was one of the subbies that got fu@ked over when CPM pulled out of the $5.2billion powerstation contract. I was lucky in that it was only a 5 figure sum that they owed me, so i didn't have to sell any organs, but a lot of other companies weren't so lucky. I eventually got my money out of them, but will never work on one of their projects again.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 AM
STI Master

Man your lucky you got your money and got out when you did, others are still there and not being paid and larger companies...It will be interesting to watch and see if it folds.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99 View Post
Bahahaha
Do you like communism? It was by far the worst mine/site I've ever been involved in. CPM are basically the Chinese government (think citic pacific bank etc)
I was one of the subbies that got fu@ked over when CPM pulled out of the $5.2billion powerstation contract. I was lucky in that it was only a 5 figure sum that they owed me, so i didn't have to sell any organs, but a lot of other companies weren't so lucky. I eventually got my money out of them, but will never work on one of their projects again.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Fast forward to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gee, once I was thinking of applying for a job with CPM /////////////////////////

Tags
citic, mining, pacific