Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

nicebus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
Including the rumours that there is nothing out of the ordinary in regards to asbestos

I personally know a lab manager who told me that the filters they use to collect fibres actually blocked up with shit before they could finish the tests. Most of the time they are working in small percentages of filter blockage after a complete test, not 100% full enough that the test can no longer continue.

Proof positive that we are China's bitch, bullshit walks money talks yadda yadda yadda.
Mate we are working in/at minesites . They are dusty and dangerous. It's part of the deal. If you are a crying girl, stay at your job in Perth on relative money.
Are you saying if the tests showed high contamination the site would cease ? Get real mate..
Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmy99 View Post
A good friend of mine was a HSE manager up there whilst I was there. He was made redundant not long after I left.
Basically he was asking too many questions about cyclone ratings, building permits and the like.
Nothing's legit.
You may have a point, however, without exception the people I have spoken to in my short time here have nothing but praise for management in the lead up to and during cyclones..with regard to evacuations etc.
Time will tell I suppose. Guess I'm lucky to be here at the end of the cyclone season eh.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicebus View Post
Mate we are working in/at minesites . They are dusty and dangerous. It's part of the deal. If you are a crying girl, stay at your job in Perth on relative money.
Are you saying if the tests showed high contamination the site would cease ? Get real mate..
Been working away for 8 years now mate, been here and there in that time, know a few things, met a few people, you know, the usual. What I am saying is that if tests were falsified to show that the dangers are not as bad as they actually are, then clearly there is some money changing hands and allowing the operation to continue in its current guise.

Besides big difference between dust and asbestos fibres.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:38 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
Been working away for 8 years now mate, been here and there in that time, know a few things, met a few people, you know, the usual. What I am saying is that if tests were falsified to show that the dangers are not as bad as they actually are, then clearly there is some money changing hands and allowing the operation to continue in its current guise.

Besides big difference between dust and asbestos fibres.
Sorry , didn't mean to have a go at you...just that I to have been in the dirt moving game for a long time as well , and sometimes the negative eveything spiel starts to wear thin . Granted , if the tests were fudged and " under the table money" was happening , it's not good. But, this mob have so far spent around $3 billion here and do you really think they would risk the flack/This Day Tonight vultures etc if it got out. Me think not. Lot of sour grapes when it comes to Asian investment in this country and that is understandable , given our back ground.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

MANliamUTD at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicebus View Post
Well for info I took the job at CPM and can say

* Eramurra accom village is very good. Big, new and all the facilities you could want.Got a permanent room.
* ESS catering and amazingly for them , good tucker.
* Helpfull people.
* No evidence of asbestos that is different to other sites.
* Definately more laid back than a BHP site in regards to politics and safety.
* Pay could be a bit lower than average for the industry ..( Dumpie Drivers taking home $6500 per month on a 2x1 roster.)
* Bit of a pain having to fly out of Karratha meaning a long bus trip both ways from site.

EXPENSIVE piss for a Wet mess . $21.00 for a six pack of VB. !!!And you can't buy a carton.
^^all true. i liked there village they have there, ive been to a few camps for different mining companys and the CPM camp was up there as the best,, those early morning leaves on the bus to go to karratha was killer wasnt it, long bloody drive lol
Old 12-03-2011, 09:43 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

^^ sorry i was at camp 123, forgot to mention
Old 12-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

mattmy99 knows their stuff

Camp 123 reprazent.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club