Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2011, 02:44 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswrxy View Post
like they are in Darwin...
They changed the laws recently didn't they for the NT? It used to be 140 and is now 110?
Old 15-04-2011, 02:47 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

correcto
Old 16-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Sir AntiLag

cowboydave at standard level

The problem with WA roads is everyone is driving at different speeds, some people do 5-10-20kms under the speed limit which is just as dangerous as going over by the same speeds.
Trying to do the speed limit on Tonkin hwy is almost impossible and it gets people frustrated which is why you see some silly things.
Doesn't matter what speed limit the govt put up there will always be people doing different speeds and causing danger whether it's above or bellow the limit.
Old 16-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level

Some of the country roads definitely need a speed increase. However as mentioned before, there's always people going under the limit, and that'll never change. Imagine if they increased it to 130, and there's one car at the front that doesn't want to go over 110 because it's "dangerous"... you'll be getting more and more cars building up, everyone getting frustrated and edgy, and will end in someone doing something stupid. My mate was telling me his Grandad always drives 60-70 down Marmion Ave, and around 80-90 on the freeway because he's quote, "not in a rush"... I mean come on.

I tend to go on roadtrips all over the place every few months, just to see new places. And the amount of time's I've been stuck in a one-lane country road behind a line of car's because ONE car is going slow, and everyone else it too gutless to overtake. Fuck, I can't overtake ten cars without having a head-on, no-one leaves enough room to let you back in. They need to invest in more over-taking lanes.
Old 16-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

They need to build some American spec 'I can land my Jumbo jet anywhere on this road spec' freeways, instead of our pissy 1 lane 'rural highways'.

Then let us have a right hand lane speed limit of 140kmh. Current speed limits of 100 or 110 is not the limit, but what speed you travel at.

As for the 'Perth drivers can't cope with speeds like that'... 99% of that is due to the nanny state attitude and the constant shovelling down our throats to not go over 50kmh otherwise you will instantly die in a fireball.

It wasn't that long ago the freeway was only 90kmh. And there was the super special peak hour lane with concrete either side to scare away idiot drivers. Education and just doing it will change attitudes.
Old 16-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

subasurf at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
As for the 'Perth drivers can't cope with speeds like that'... 99% of that is due to the nanny state attitude and the constant shovelling down our throats to not go over 50kmh otherwise you will instantly die in a fireball.
Gotta call bullshit on that one mate.
Yes, we live in a nanny state.
No, that is not why no one in Perth can drive properly.

Nanny state has nothing to do with everyone's lack of indicator use, not giving way in round abouts, having a COMPLETE inability to merge and so forth...it's because cunts get their license way to easy and the standard of driver instruction is well...non existent.

Quote:

It wasn't that long ago the freeway was only 90kmh. And there was the super special peak hour lane with concrete either side to scare away idiot drivers.
Yeah that thing was awesome. I remember it well
Old 16-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subasurf View Post
...it's because cunts get their license way to easy and the standard of driver instruction is well...non existent
I have to agree with that... I got my licence just under 2 years ago, and I got taught shit all. In my driving test, I wasn't even asked to reverse park, and the whole test lasted about 5 minutes where all I did was turn through a few streets and perform one forward park (maybe I got the lazy guy?)

But in the end, I learnt everything with my own common sense. It shouldn't be a matter of the "law" to indicate, or give way at roundabouts and what not... it's all common sense and common courtesy, which 99% of people these days seem to lack. It's really not that hard to flick a switch to let drivers know what you're doing, and I'm not talking one flash of the globe as you've already changed lanes.
Old 16-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by subasurf View Post
Gotta call bullshit on that one mate.
Yes, we live in a nanny state.
No, that is not why no one in Perth can drive properly.

Nanny state has nothing to do with everyone's lack of indicator use, not giving way in round abouts, having a COMPLETE inability to merge and so forth...it's because cunts get their license way to easy and the standard of driver instruction is well...non existent.
Build roads where people can drive properly and not be confused where a turn off is, why buses are merging into the right hand lane on a freeway etc and the skill set will improve. Have police pull up tailgaters, non-indicators, rude ice'd up macho terry toughkrunts and the problems will go away.

You can't expect Autobahn level driving when we have a set of roads that would have been condemed in ancient Rome.
Old 16-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

subasurf at standard level

Quote:
Have police pull up tailgaters, non-indicators
They'd just end up arresting themselves.
Old 20-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

You guys should try driving in NSW. Returning to Perth on Thursday will be SO refreshing.

Tags
85mph, increase, limit, proposal, speed, texas