Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Car to fit 2 adults and 3 kids under 5 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/42363-car-fit-2-adults-3-kids-under-5-a.html)

GX-REX 21-05-2011 06:14 AM

Car to fit 2 adults and 3 kids under 5

As a few may know, I have a 3rd kid on the way. By end of the year I will have a newborn, 2 and 4 year old.
Currently I have my GF8 which will be kept regardless.
Wife has an MY03 XS Foz and I have a 97 SF Foz as a work bunky/car to drive for when I respray my wagon (soon I hope).
Anyone here have 3 kids of a similar age in the back of a foz? Currently debating if I should sell 1 or both of the fozs and possibly get something like a mid 90s Tarago. Basically the value of the fozs is the budget (sub $15k ideally) so shoot me some suggestions.

wrxr2d2 21-05-2011 08:06 AM

We are planning to have a third in a couple of years. We ended up with a outlander, but for a big roomy car we were heading towards a seven seater territory or even a tribeca, the ford is fairly cheap, but a little heavy on the juice. I wound never get a bus, my choice. Even have a look at the seven seater outlander or even the subaru liberty 6 seater.

Giddyup 21-05-2011 08:28 AM

I am in the same boat as I have 3 under 5. As one of the major things you may need to take into account is "will 3 kiddy seats fit across the back seat" it limit things a little. The ol' holden commodore does the trick but we were looking at the Mazda CX9. Took one for a drive and is really good, heaps of room everywhere. I'm 6'6 and can sit in the back seat without knees touching front seats. Also plenty of head room.

GX-REX 21-05-2011 08:59 AM

Had thought of a commodore but figure if I am going to get another car may as well get a 7 seater so we can take a friend or two if/when needed. Kia carnival is out of the question as they have 2 bucket seats as the second row so not really suitable putting kids seats right up the back. Pretty sure the Chrysler Voyager is same set up. Have heard the territory is pretty thirsty. Budget being $15k max puts the CX7/CX9 out of the equation as well...

norwest_rumbler 21-05-2011 09:36 AM

for three kids seats across the 2nd row the terri is one of the best around & the option of 2 more in the back (or adults) is a big bonus.
i dont find the fuel use all that bad at all, but i do have just the rwd version (7seater) so that might help over say the awd ones.
we had a 04 magna that used to get 12/l per 100 & the terri gets 13l/100 at worst.

Pablo668 21-05-2011 11:06 AM

This.

[IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/207/4/4/VolksWagen_Kombi_by_MurilloDesign.jpg[/IMG]

teejay 21-05-2011 11:09 AM

BA wagon ?

Maybe a cheap territory with 7 seat pack? I had one through work for a couple of weeks, took 7 full sized adults to a festival no probs :D

tarmac 21-05-2011 11:23 AM

We are on our second Chrysler voyager, our 09 has the stow and go folding seat which is very good but our old one 07 the seats were removable and the bench from the back could come to the middle position which then gives you a giant boot. The 07 had a petrol engine which was super silent the 09 is diesel. Both have good spec air etc . Double sliding door are great too,you don't get the kids bashing doors everytime they hop out

GX-REX 12-06-2011 08:22 PM

Been looking a little over the weekend, and pretty much have it narrowed down to a 00 - 05 Tarago. Dual sliding doors and middle and rear seats being on the same sliding rails makes it a winner.

So next question, anyone know of a decent one sub $15k?

Brett Allan 12-06-2011 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=wrxr2d2;568186]We are planning to have a third in a couple of years. We ended up with a outlander, but for a big roomy car we were heading towards a seven seater territory or even a tribeca, the ford is fairly cheap, but a little heavy on the juice. I wound never get a bus, my choice. Even have a look at the seven seater outlander or even the subaru liberty 6 seater.[/QUOTE]

@ the ford being heavy on juice...have you considered the new territory turbo-diesel will be a better buy in the long run, and is a lot more fuel efficient than the 4ltr 6 petrol. just food for though and another possible option for the OP :)