Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Point to Point Cameras - Are they active? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/43748-point-point-cameras-they-active.html)

ImPreSiV 01-08-2011 10:25 AM

squares in the road can also be a car counter. The freeway is covered in them. We had to go find them all last year when were doing an Asset Collection for Main Roads WA

BAS 01-08-2011 09:02 PM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;591170]When I was using my previous BEL detector my 1st trip on the Forrest Freeway I got a "Speed Enforced" or something similar. Had never had that type of warning previously.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what mine does, has been a while so forgot exactly what it said

Kato 02-08-2011 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;591798]squares in the road can also be a car counter. The freeway is covered in them. We had to go find them all last year when were doing an Asset Collection for Main Roads WA[/QUOTE]

Yeah. These looked like the double cut outs (ala the new redlight/speed camera bizzo's) to do speed measurement. I wouldn't put it past Robby Johnston to have everything good to go, just need a pole with a camera on it.

Shez 02-08-2011 08:11 AM

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff00ff]Got this email today with following information. It could be full of shit, but it would be remiss not to pass it on. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR][B][U][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]New - Fixed Location Speed Cameras[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]
[/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Fully operational as of ... 13 July 10[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]CANNING HWY - DOUGLAS AVE[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]SOUTH PERTH[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]G.E.H. - SHEPPERTON RD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]VIC PARK[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]CANNING HWY - RISELEY STREET[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]APPLECROSS[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]LEACH HWY - BUNGAREE RD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]WILSON[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]ALBANY HWY - LEACH HWAY OFF RAMP[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]BENTLEY[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=red]ROE HWY - KALAMUNDA ROAD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=red]HIGH WYCOMBE[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]STIRLING HWY - ERIC STREET[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]COTTESLOE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]WINTERFOLD RD - STOCK ROAD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]HILTON[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]WANNEROO RD - BEACH ROAD[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=black]BALGA[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]BEACH RD - MIRRABOOKA AVENUE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=black]BALGA[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]HEPBURN AVE - MARMION AVENUE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]PADBURY[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]MORLEY DVE - ALEXANDER DVE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=black]DIANELLA[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#004080][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial]Also[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]What:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]New Mobile Speed Cameras [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
Where:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] Everywhere! [B]
When:[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]Effective July 19 2010[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]How:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] New cars will have a mobile camera on top of it with the latest technology and software that can fine 6 drivers every SECOND!! [B]
Why:[/B] Coz they can!!

Check out the pictures.... Send it to everyone
[B]
Note:[/B] No matter what weather conditions, or time of day or how busy the road is, if you are speeding, you will be caught!
[B]
PS:[/B] For the first month of operation with the new cameras, your first offense is waived and you will only receive a warning letter (July 19 to August 19 2010) — Watch people abuse this rule! [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]

Source: [URL="http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548"][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

[B]
THEY ARE ALL UNMARKED WHITE FORD TERRITORYS! IF YOU SEE THEM.... SLOW..... DOWN![/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]

GTB Liberty 02-08-2011 08:17 AM

They're also placed in the small white Volkswagen transporter vans.

Shez 02-08-2011 08:19 AM

And I have seen one cruising between Kwinana Industrial strip and Port Kennedy a few times too. X Trail. Thought it was a speed camera - until I was behind it at the lights and could clearly see the camera set up.

jezzamcbezza 02-08-2011 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=Shez;592235][COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][B]
PS:[/B] For the first month of operation with the new cameras, your first offence is waived and you will only receive a warning letter (July 19 to August 19 2010) — Watch people abuse this rule! [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]

Source: [URL="http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548"][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Nice one for digging out a 12 month old news story from NSW???

NVRENUF 02-08-2011 09:39 AM

Speaking of SWS that is a great Saftey Feature of radars. And yet they want to ban them in WA crazy ...

thebish 02-08-2011 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Shez;592244]And I have seen one cruising between Kwinana Industrial strip and Port Kennedy a few times too. X Trail. Thought it was a speed camera - until I was behind it at the lights and could clearly see the camera set up.[/QUOTE]

so you thought it was a speedcamera until you got up close and saw that it was a...........??

teejay 02-08-2011 11:26 AM

LOL

As for point to points.

Apparently the latest fwy north extension has the hardware in the ground ready to roll, but needs legislation and the above ground hardware sorted.