Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Point to Point Cameras - Are they active? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/43748-point-point-cameras-they-active.html)

Kato 29-07-2011 11:54 AM

Point to Point Cameras - Are they active?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the rumors of point to point cameras from the other year have actually turned into real things?

I remember a lot of discussion that they were being installed on the new Forrest Highway.

Any info would be much appreciated before I go for a drive ;)

jenskii 29-07-2011 12:23 PM

Graham farmer freeway. Ive never been done though so duno if they work

ALEX. 29-07-2011 12:45 PM

Where abouts are they on GFF? I haven't heard of them before this thread.

jenskii 29-07-2011 12:53 PM

Just thru the tunnel. My dad helped design them and its been installed but only the government would know if there active yet. I go thru there all time and never been caught speeding.

teejay 29-07-2011 01:03 PM

Put the pipe down.

Kato, no point to point in this sate. Legislation has not been passed yet to make their use legal.

Kato 29-07-2011 01:05 PM

Winner.

[i]I always drive at the legal speed limit anyway[/i]

:D

jenskii 29-07-2011 01:11 PM

Like I said... the camera's are up just as to whether they are point to point activated yet is up to the government!!! Or whether the legislation passes... they can still be used and programmed as a normal camera

RamWRC 29-07-2011 01:21 PM

Are they the same ones that were used in Victoria, and they had to pay back shit loads of fines due to the cameras being inaccurate?

jenskii 29-07-2011 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=RamWRC;591031]Are they the same ones that were used in Victoria, and they had to pay back shit loads of fines due to the cameras being inaccurate?[/QUOTE]

Dunno... My dad just did the programming for them. Knowing the government they will be dodgy!!

Slap Dash 29-07-2011 01:23 PM

They are currently only allowed to be used to monitor Traffic conditions. Until legislation approves use to fine motorists.

N1GHTH4WK92 29-07-2011 01:34 PM

They are on Leach Highway for trucks only.

BAS 29-07-2011 05:21 PM

My radar detector comes up with a warning that point to point camera is active along forest hwy??
Obviously their not but something is sending out that signal.

GTB Liberty 29-07-2011 05:24 PM

^^^^ Do you mean a SWS message?

MadDocker 29-07-2011 05:29 PM

Not sending fines yet even if they're working. Drove back in a mate car from White hills and we were over the limit by a shade on the way back and nothing.

Rossco 29-07-2011 05:50 PM

The only permanent cameras on the forrest are the fixed intersection monitoring ones.

If they were point to point I would be walking......

jezzamcbezza 29-07-2011 06:33 PM

Neltronics have installed SWS transmitters around WA. They have a solar panel, car battery, timer and (K-band) transmitter :)

Rossco 29-07-2011 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=jezzamcbezza;591150]Neltronics have installed SWS transmitters around WA. They have a solar panel, car battery, timer and (K-band) transmitter :)[/QUOTE]

Where??

I've only ever has SWS warnings for Ambulance & Fire (emergency vehicle in transit) & road works near Pemberton (highway work crew ahead).

Although these are also used in WA apparently:

Initially, transmitters on WA roads will transmit warnings as listed below.
- Road Construction… Transmitters are installed on road construction vehicles that spend time on road construction sites. They typically have flashing lights
activated along with the SWS transmitter. Up to 1km, drivers will get the warning ‘Highway work crew ahead’.

- Emergency vehicles… Emergency vehicles such as Fire trucks or Ambulances
activate the SWS transmitter when they turn on their flashing lights. Up to 1km away, drivers will get the warning, ‘Emergency vehicle approaching’.

When the vehicle stops, it will transmit, ‘Stationary Emergency vehicle ahead’.

- Building Construction… In situations where lanes are blocked due to materials handling or crane work on construction sites, up to 1km away drivers will get the warning, ‘Lane closed ahead’ or ‘Work zone ahead’.

- Train Approaching/At crossing… Drivers at uncontrolled level crossings will be warned of a train approaching from either direction.

jezzamcbezza 29-07-2011 07:02 PM

One near the big bull going down to bunbury, one on the new freeway to Mandurah (that I can think of, off the top of my head)

GTB Liberty 29-07-2011 08:00 PM

When I was using my previous BEL detector my 1st trip on the Forrest Freeway I got a "Speed Enforced" or something similar. Had never had that type of warning previously.

Kato 01-08-2011 09:59 AM

I noticed on the way down there are the tell tale square cut outs in preparation for speed dedection in the road.

So I guess the infrastructure is there, they just need the on button.

Hopefully they will fine losers for sitting in the right hand lane doing 10 under blocking traffic!

ImPreSiV 01-08-2011 10:25 AM

squares in the road can also be a car counter. The freeway is covered in them. We had to go find them all last year when were doing an Asset Collection for Main Roads WA

BAS 01-08-2011 09:02 PM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;591170]When I was using my previous BEL detector my 1st trip on the Forrest Freeway I got a "Speed Enforced" or something similar. Had never had that type of warning previously.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what mine does, has been a while so forgot exactly what it said

Kato 02-08-2011 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV;591798]squares in the road can also be a car counter. The freeway is covered in them. We had to go find them all last year when were doing an Asset Collection for Main Roads WA[/QUOTE]

Yeah. These looked like the double cut outs (ala the new redlight/speed camera bizzo's) to do speed measurement. I wouldn't put it past Robby Johnston to have everything good to go, just need a pole with a camera on it.

Shez 02-08-2011 08:11 AM

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff00ff]Got this email today with following information. It could be full of shit, but it would be remiss not to pass it on. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR][B][U][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]New - Fixed Location Speed Cameras[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]
[/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Fully operational as of ... 13 July 10[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]CANNING HWY - DOUGLAS AVE[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]SOUTH PERTH[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]G.E.H. - SHEPPERTON RD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]VIC PARK[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]CANNING HWY - RISELEY STREET[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]APPLECROSS[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]LEACH HWY - BUNGAREE RD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]WILSON[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]ALBANY HWY - LEACH HWAY OFF RAMP[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]BENTLEY[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=red]ROE HWY - KALAMUNDA ROAD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=red]HIGH WYCOMBE[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]STIRLING HWY - ERIC STREET[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]COTTESLOE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]WINTERFOLD RD - STOCK ROAD[/COLOR][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]HILTON[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]WANNEROO RD - BEACH ROAD[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=black]BALGA[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]BEACH RD - MIRRABOOKA AVENUE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=black]BALGA[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]HEPBURN AVE - MARMION AVENUE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]PADBURY[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]MORLEY DVE - ALEXANDER DVE[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=black]DIANELLA[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#004080][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial]Also[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]What:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]New Mobile Speed Cameras [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
Where:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] Everywhere! [B]
When:[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]Effective July 19 2010[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]How:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] New cars will have a mobile camera on top of it with the latest technology and software that can fine 6 drivers every SECOND!! [B]
Why:[/B] Coz they can!!

Check out the pictures.... Send it to everyone
[B]
Note:[/B] No matter what weather conditions, or time of day or how busy the road is, if you are speeding, you will be caught!
[B]
PS:[/B] For the first month of operation with the new cameras, your first offense is waived and you will only receive a warning letter (July 19 to August 19 2010) — Watch people abuse this rule! [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]

Source: [URL="http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548"][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

[B]
THEY ARE ALL UNMARKED WHITE FORD TERRITORYS! IF YOU SEE THEM.... SLOW..... DOWN![/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]

GTB Liberty 02-08-2011 08:17 AM

They're also placed in the small white Volkswagen transporter vans.

Shez 02-08-2011 08:19 AM

And I have seen one cruising between Kwinana Industrial strip and Port Kennedy a few times too. X Trail. Thought it was a speed camera - until I was behind it at the lights and could clearly see the camera set up.

jezzamcbezza 02-08-2011 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=Shez;592235][COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][B]
PS:[/B] For the first month of operation with the new cameras, your first offence is waived and you will only receive a warning letter (July 19 to August 19 2010) — Watch people abuse this rule! [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma]

Source: [URL="http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548"][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.news.com.au/national/new-speed-cameras-deliver-a-fast-buck/story-e6frfkwi-1225890292548[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Nice one for digging out a 12 month old news story from NSW???

NVRENUF 02-08-2011 09:39 AM

Speaking of SWS that is a great Saftey Feature of radars. And yet they want to ban them in WA crazy ...

thebish 02-08-2011 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Shez;592244]And I have seen one cruising between Kwinana Industrial strip and Port Kennedy a few times too. X Trail. Thought it was a speed camera - until I was behind it at the lights and could clearly see the camera set up.[/QUOTE]

so you thought it was a speedcamera until you got up close and saw that it was a...........??

teejay 02-08-2011 11:26 AM

LOL

As for point to points.

Apparently the latest fwy north extension has the hardware in the ground ready to roll, but needs legislation and the above ground hardware sorted.

Shez 02-08-2011 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=jezzamcbezza;592259]Nice one for digging out a 12 month old news story from NSW???[/QUOTE]

I said I received it and it could be full of shit - I had nothing to do with it, so sarcasm is superfluous in this instance.

Shez 02-08-2011 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=thebish;592315]so you thought it was a speedcamera until you got up close and saw that it was a...........??[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wasn't clear - I thought the XTrail which was driving around (not stationary) was just a multinova car going to set up the next trap. But it wasn't, it had the camera set up facing rear-wards.

daveygravey 02-08-2011 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=jezzamcbezza;592259]Nice one for digging out a 12 month old news story from NSW???[/QUOTE]

Hey that story says Part-owned by Macquarie Bank.... They are responsible for the super highway toll roads that the americans have paid for but now have to pay tolls on?? Are they behind WA cameras too?

teejay 02-08-2011 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=Shez;592360]Sorry, wasn't clear - I thought the XTrail which was driving around (not stationary) was just a multinova car going to set up the next trap. But it wasn't, it had the camera set up facing rear-wards.[/QUOTE]

They camera's are mounted to any number of vehicle tyes.

[QUOTE=daveygravey;592363]Hey that story says Part-owned by Macquarie Bank.... They are responsible for the super highway toll roads that the americans have paid for but now have to pay tolls on?? Are they behind WA cameras too?[/QUOTE]

No.

NSW.

daveygravey 02-08-2011 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;592366]They camera's are mounted to any number of vehicle tyes.

No.

NSW.[/QUOTE]

Was just wondering as i have seen Macquarie Bank behind a lot of big money making shit for comsumer/users projects.

teejay 02-08-2011 12:29 PM

Gotta spend money to make money.

100k speed camera pays for itself in 2 months

Shez 02-08-2011 12:42 PM

[COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma] It may have been that the guy didn't pack his camera away, all I know is that I was behind him for 15km and there was a camera pointing at me the whole time.[/FONT][/COLOR]

teejay 02-08-2011 12:46 PM

You know he has an xtrail so he park the camera in the back whilst moving it around yeah?

mitchwnz 02-08-2011 12:51 PM

I drove past a rear facing polyscan INSIDE an X-Trail for once.. usually they would sit outside the car but this was clearly set up taking pictures in the boot. Usually the Xtrail parked is the dead give-away that there is a camera near by.

Shez 02-08-2011 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=teejay;592396]You know he has an xtrail so he park the camera in the back whilst moving it around yeah?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are saying/asking.

I was along side him (brand new looking white xtrail), and my son said "PoPo is next to us mummy". So slipped in behind him (smooth as...baaahaha) and there was a camera facing me the whole time. I thought they competely pack the camera up each time, maybe he was late for a donut and just threw it in the back?