Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Evo X Tarmac Build (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/43837-evo-x-tarmac-build.html)

BLUES 12-10-2011 04:15 PM

What ECU?

Jimmy S 12-10-2011 04:24 PM

excellent!!! :)

Kato 12-10-2011 04:28 PM

Great stuff.

Keen to see the final result.

REXXXED 12-10-2011 04:51 PM

Quickest build on Perth on Perth-WRX, that i've ever seen. Looks damn good!

American Dave 12-10-2011 05:21 PM

[QUOTE=REXXXED;616800]Quickest build on Perth on Perth-WRX, that i've ever seen. Looks damn good![/QUOTE]

QFT :eek:

Master D 12-10-2011 05:25 PM

All good for sunday :-)

urabus 12-10-2011 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=BLUES;616783]What ECU?[/QUOTE]

Against my better judgement we are going with a gems ecu and diff controller. Its dearer than motec and has no support locally. The problem was i didn't have a lot of choice. It is well regarded in Europe and WRC teams such as Citroen use their ecu's so they must have some clue.

Lane refuses point blank to tune motec. TMR use motec but it would of cost more and had to have been built in Melbourne and they refuse to use Reiger suspension. ASG could obviously tune it but I have massive issues taking it from one workshop to the next. Knowing my luck ASG would have issues with it and blame Race Torque and I would be the poor bugger stuck in the middle paying.

I suppose the results will be known in a few days! It has all the usual launch control, anti lag, rotational idle etc. Supposedly it has more definition than motec but who knows. Racte Torque are pretty keen to get one up on TMR so hopefully they make ot work properly.

Brendon

urabus 12-10-2011 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;616810]All good for sunday :-)[/QUOTE]

No point. I have decided to drive it over so that buys me some more time. There is a window at AHG next Thursday so I will probably take it down there then. Not really going to gain anything from a few squirts around a dinky little superkhana.

Brendon

pete gopal 12-10-2011 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=urabus;616813]No point. I have decided to drive it over so that buys me some more time. [/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance Brendon but is this thing still road registered? if so...fark! :D

urabus 12-10-2011 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=pete gopal;616814]Pardon my ignorance Brendon but is this thing still road registered? if so...fark! :D[/QUOTE]

Pete, it has a rally registration which basically means i can drive it to and from an event, display or repair. Assuming you are not driving it pissed at 2 in the morning you can get away with a fair bit. It is pretty self regulating though. It is noisy, it smells, it inhales expensive fuel and you dont really want the wear and tear. It is not that quick. Atthe end of the day it has stock Cams, stock crank and stock turbo.

My comment above was about getting it to Targa High country for the first weekend in November. I am going to trailer it across as opposed to sending it over with CEVA as they want 2 weeks to get it there which would mean it had to go on a truck on Tuesday which gives me very little time to get it log booked, sign written, windows tinted, do a shake down etc. This way i can leave on the Sunday before the event.

Brendon

Brendon