Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree244Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Sir AntiLag

beernuts at standard level

Lol at the "map of tassie". I was expecting something else.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Rslib72 likes this.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

beernuts at standard level

Awesome job on TS5 Brendon. Blew them out of the water. Same with Elephant Pass. That is a goat track at most. Keep it up mate

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Yep I was wondering about the dropped time so early....good it wasn't serious...
Old 12-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Better day today but far out i am rusty. Just goes to show how important seat time is. Braking way too early. Turning in way too early. No feel for the grip limits. Given the only thing i have done in the last 2 years was the dinky gymkhana thing at racewars and we have done some pretty significant stuff to the car in terms of weight and brakes i figured i wanted to take no risks until i get my shit together. Car was handling like crap. Didnt know whether it was the extra lead or my shitty driving. Put the reigers back to their recommended factory specs at lunch time. Transformed the car. Found some confidence... Suddenly we were close to back on the pace. Time to build.

Predictably those that got the 1 minute penalty yesterday had it overturned... Long story but the organisers said the stage distance was 4.9km and based their average speed on that but the stage was actually 4.7km. No need to cut it that fine but anyways. Doesnt affect us or people in our class.

No massive crashes today that i saw. Quinn had an excursion in the huracan but escaped jail somehow. I have seen some photos and it is way off road...

A Audi v10 r8 caught on fire at the end of a stage. Dont know what it was but old mate put it out and then suddenly appeared at lunch. He is an older guy that comes every year and never crashes, never upsets anyone. Just a lovely guy.

The porsche 944 leading classic had a off. Was weird. Could see the whole corner and he just went straight on and into a farmers paddock.

Heaps of mechanical failures. There was an old porka rs running about 45 degrees negative camber on each of the rear wheels. 996 911 turbo, audi tt rs, 07 sti, heaps and heaps of old stuff all parked up on the side of the road. A evo x argued with a cliff face. The cliff won.

Whites tyres look more shagged than $2 thai hooker already. He is 2 secs off the lead and tomorrows stages will massively suit him as they are open and the 700+ ponies he has will be handy as it will be dry.

Here is a photo of the 2002 from yesterday.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysrqjj34v1...36.37.jpg?dl=0

End result is we have gone from 20th in class to 4th. Still lost time to the leader but still about 90% of rally distance to go.

Way way way down overall. Given how little seat time i have had doing well overall isnt on the radar. Going to try and hunt down second and third in our class and then worry about it from there.

Warped a rear rotor today so putting new ones on at the lunch break tomorrow.

Brendon
ALEX., Jezza, Saint_23 and 1 others like this.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:11 PM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Oh man that Bmw is dead! I just picked up a 74 2002. Sad to see one like that
MISSWRXYSTi likes this.

http://kap.industries/
Old 13-04-2016, 07:00 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Nice solid work Brendon ....just keep chipping away mate...you never know. Lloydy is doing well with Roe. I see Bruce and Ben Matthews are down a bit but staying safe. Good luck today mate...
Old 13-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Had a really good day today. Finally got the car to where it should of been on sunday night.

Today was the longest day of the rally with nearly 140 competitive k's over 8 stages.

Still havent done anything stupid. Not launching. Havent had to trail brake to the apex to get out of shit. I find when i am on it instinctively i am braking all the way to the apex. I am still braking in a stright line so plenty left in it. Also havent launched it once which is probably costing 2 + seconds every stage. It hurts in the short stages but not such an issue on the longer ones.

Car is a heavy, torque less and powerless snotter on 98. It doesnt change direction as well and you cant leave it in 5th through the 7's and 8's. Have to keep it stirred up. Its fine but takes some getting used to.

Started the day 40 seconds away from 3rd. Ran him down and turned that into a 30 second advantage. Then on the last stage (36 km's) the leader hit a rock and got a flat tyre 4 km's from the end. He didnt have a spare with him so that is him out. End result is we are now second and 30 seconds out of the lead.

Felt sorry for one guy today. Car no. 5 is a mercedes a45. The cars dont go in numerical order but he would of been very very close to the first car. Looks like he spun and backed it into a ditch. Car looked fine. Anyways everytime a car goes past you are meant to hold up either an ok or an sos sign saying you need help or you are ok. Old mate was fine. So old mate has to hold his sign up over 300 times at 30 second intervals. He has to wait until the last car has been through (around 3 hours) before he can have his car recovered....

An immaculate bmw v8 m3 slid off the road into a ditch. On the navigators side of course. This thing was properly clean. Like tyre shine at every lunch stop type of clean. Both fine but a bit of shock.

The 240z leading classic went off but i didnt see it.

The speed of white (viper) and close (porsche) is just something else. Its just in another league. Tyres are a massive issue for whitey but lets see what happens.

Tomorrow is the run into strahan. They have cancelled my favourite stage rinadeena but we do it in reverse on saturday morning.

Aim is to keep some pressure on the hsv and see what happens. He doesnt have a great record for finishing but who knows.

Brendon
AWDmoke, ALEX., beernuts and 3 others like this.
beernuts (13-04-2016)
Old 14-04-2016, 07:11 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Well done Brendon...keep chipping away and you'll soon take the class lead!! Good luck today.
Old 14-04-2016, 07:58 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

We need more photos and in-car footage please.
Old 14-04-2016, 03:36 PM

nauli knows their stuff

There you go Brendon...chipping away, Crowe has a bad one on Rosebery and you've got the class lead!! Well done mate....

Tags
build, cz4a, evo, rally, tarmac