Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   First date restaurant (another food thread) (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/4465-first-date-restaurant-another-food-thread.html)

Huy 24-03-2006 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=geoff]Alfred's Kitchen, or Hamburger Hill.

Failing that, c-restaurant if you're not hungry and you want to seem like you're rich.
Star Anise if you want to be motherfuckin' cooler than cool - if its still open.
Jackson's.
Loose Box.[/QUOTE]

My brother works at Jackson's, it's a very nice restaurant (albeit kinda poshy). Would be an impressive first date for sure!

There's a Thai restaurant called Dhusit on James St which would be good for a first date. Not too intimate, relaxed atmosphere...Jackon's is intense with the arty setup and lighting haha.

B4GT 24-03-2006 08:14 PM

Old Swan Brewery on Mounts Bay rd is always good, great original craft beers too.

REXXX 24-03-2006 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=waxdass]Monte Fiore In mt Lawley[/QUOTE]on the topic of Mt Lawly, Avenue Ninth on ninth av was good the other night. fairly casual, but great food. thumbs up.

DEDLYWEPN 24-03-2006 08:59 PM

Bennys in Freo along the strip, trendy without being stuck-up. If you take em somewhere like Coco's on the river in south perth you might run the risk of them thinking you're fully cashed up and a smart ass. (Although, I fkn love cocos!!)

SO yeah, Benny's gets my vote, favourite restaurant in freo.

Josh

Bakks 24-03-2006 09:08 PM

Despite the fact I go to Benny's quite regularly, if you want a decent feed in Freo you go to Sandrino's, not Benny's. I'm always quite disapointed.

DEDLYWEPN 24-03-2006 09:23 PM

Depends what your food likes and dislikes are, I dont mind sandrino, but prefer bennys for an allround dining experience, although service can be up to shit at times.

Madonna's used to be good, but has gone wayyyy downhill, so I stick with Bennys or Sandrino most of the time.

d_generate 25-03-2006 02:52 AM

Bayswater Hotel
$4.50 prawn cocktail....cheap
$14.00 steak....cheap
$3.60 vanilla slice....cheap
$2.80 reisling X 7....cheap
Now that you have supplied the first 3 courses....she supplies the 4th.... "INTER".... priceless :love8:

Mat 25-03-2006 04:12 AM

[QUOTE=Bakks]Despite the fact I go to Benny's quite regularly, if you want a decent feed in Freo you go to Sandrino's, not Benny's. I'm always quite disapointed.[/QUOTE]

Agree with bakka on this one.

Making her cook for u is always another good option. Sure it may not be romantic but you stand a good chance of getting a free feed :D

jEstEr? 25-03-2006 05:11 AM

Sizzler ?

Are you going for the food or the atmosphere ?

EXPLICIT 25-03-2006 09:29 AM

My Kitchen.............wanna impress you gotta have some culinary flair!