Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Soksta is a guruSoksta is a guru

^^ need to remove the v= part from the YT tags Andrew.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soksta View Post
^^ need to remove the v= part from the YT tags Andrew.
Just did thanks Tony.

Thought I'd add that, as like all things, Mexican restaurants are getting better. But adding a salsa doesn't make a Mexican dish either.

Yet food is often about contradictions - chocolate and meat? Yum ... One of my favourite dishes is Baja fish taco. It's brilliant and does have a sour cream/yoghurt to it.

Give it a try - Fish Taco recipe
Soksta likes this.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 05-05-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Chocolate and meat... I had Chocolate sauce pork chops at the Balmoral once, it was rank.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Sir AntiLag

PoktRokt at standard level

On the original topic, my first date will comprise of some place relaxed where you can be yourself and have a laugh!
Something like Little Creatures, Balmoral etc and as previously mentioned if your short of convo you can laugh at other people lol

Otherwise if your going to choose a nice restaurant then make it one within walking distance to something fun after dinner incase the date goes really well!! like heading to the comedy club, pub for a few more drinks and laughter!! This way you get to be more comfortable etc!

Another of my favs is fish and chips by the beach watching the sun set but considering this is casual, it's preferred as second date so in just 2 dates you can see both their impressing side and their relaxed casual side!

The last first date I went on comprised of Lone Rangers Shooting, Balmoral for dinner and drinks then off to the city to drink and be merry with my friends (pwrx members) and the night ended fantastically at about 2am..... Was awesome! This only worked well due to him being a fun friendly guy!!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM
STI Master

Riggs at standard level

Which one of those ends in sex?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Straight to langtrees, probably cheaper too
XT43 likes this.
Old 14-05-2012, 05:55 PM
STI Master

BoxorBeast at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHeD View Post
Can anyone suggest a good mexican restaurant NOR?

I remember reading about a couple of new ones in Highgate area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Acapulco Annies Mexican Restaurant & Cantina ?

never been a fan of panchos, the place is a shithole and the food could have come out of a packet
I strongly recommend you AVOID this restaurant, Bad service, shit food - without a doubt reheated microwaved crap. Overpriced for what it is, went there one time with the misses and never again we will go. It is actually, probably the worst restaurant overall I have ever been to. The place was dead, probably 2 other tables besides us. Now I know why. It's rated 1.5/5 Stars on Urban Spoon - Just read the reviews for yourself

If you want a good Mexican feed, I recommend going to Santa Fe in Subiaco . It's not really north, but whenever I want mexican we trek it there from up north. I dare say they have the best Pork Ribs I've ever had, you must order it with the house special BYAO hot sauce. Always get Chile con carne nachos and chimichangas for entree. Delicious !!! The restaurant however can get very noisy on peak times though, but I personally don't mind.
jEstEr? likes this.
Old 14-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxorBeast View Post
I strongly recommend you AVOID this restaurant, Bad service, shit food - without a doubt reheated microwaved crap. Overpriced for what it is, went there one time with the misses and never again we will go. It is actually, probably the worst restaurant overall I have ever been to. The place was dead, probably 2 other tables besides us. Now I know why. It's rated 1.5/5 Stars on Urban Spoon - Just read the reviews for yourself
I tried this on Saturday night after reading Matt suggestion and I must say it was pretty ordinary. It was 7.30 on a Saturday night and they had less than 20 people in there. The food was OK at absolute best but that is probably being a bit generous. Service was good but that was only because there was about 3 waiters for every table.

Pancho's has its downfalls but would certainly go there before I went back to Annies.

Has anyone tried that funky looking Mexican place in Northbridge. I tried to get in there once but it was fully booked out. It is on William st (I think) up near Aberdeen st.

Brendon
Old 14-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Sir AntiLag

SJTWRC at standard level

Probably not the place you are talking about but I've been to Zapatas Mexican Restaurant in Northbridge. Not on a date though. I don't usually like mexican... but this was pretty good. Entrée meal filled me good! lol And the cocktails are amazing!
Old 14-05-2012, 07:15 PM
STI Master

BoxorBeast at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
I tried this on Saturday night after reading Matt suggestion and I must say it was pretty ordinary. It was 7.30 on a Saturday night and they had less than 20 people in there. The food was OK at absolute best but that is probably being a bit generous. Service was good but that was only because there was about 3 waiters for every table.

Pancho's has its downfalls but would certainly go there before I went back to Annies.

Has anyone tried that funky looking Mexican place in Northbridge. I tried to get in there once but it was fully booked out. It is on William st (I think) up near Aberdeen st.

Brendon
I don't know if the place has changed, but I went there about 3 months ago. Never going back. Take my word and try out Santa Fe in Subie !!, not exactly a very pretty restaurant but food is good. You have to get the pork ribs for mains, Thank me later !

Tags
date, food, restaurant, thread