Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Non-WRX Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/)
-   -   Qantas (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/non-wrx-discussion/45559-qantas.html)

red dragon2002 30-10-2011 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=nixwrc;622324]I work at the airport up north for bhp we lookin for ppl[/QUOTE]

really? where do i sign up? :)

seriously though more information? what do you do pay ect... if you want just give me a pm, appreciate it...

worked for qantas for too long now i think...

guys don't be shy please keep my options open, thank you :)

i can't be without a job will loose my house ect :(

red dragon2002 31-10-2011 08:35 AM

ok so now i turns out there will not be a lockout for me at work, which is good i guess becasue i would not have been paid for the days that i was not at work.

anyhow still want another job as i want job security. will look into the two above mentioned jobs and anyone else who is willing to help, cheers.

and to jasonmurray, sorry to go off topic in your thread, but it kind of relates to me and plus don't really want to start another qantas thread

phizzle 31-10-2011 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=red dragon2002;622307]hey phizzle, thanks for that. this is the kind of comments i am looking for. do you work for them yourself?

mayby i could be 1 of those 4000 people :)[/QUOTE]
Yes I do work for them. I swing the big diggers around and around and sometimes a truck pulls in underneath for a load of dirt. There are 3 sites starting up in the next 18 months if everything goes well. The first to kick off will be week on, week off.

red dragon2002 31-10-2011 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=phizzle;622539]Yes I do work for them. I swing the big diggers around and around and sometimes a truck pulls in underneath for a load of dirt. There are 3 sites starting up in the next 18 months if everything goes well. The first to kick off will be week on, week off.[/QUOTE]

that would be something that i would look into. i have a young daughter and have done 1:1 before

if anything comes up, could you please let me know, thank you

tuna 31-10-2011 02:51 PM

joyce has done the right thing, the problem is with the unions and their demand for pay cheques that are out of parity with other airlines.

imho, unless your working for the minimum wage and in unsafe conditions, there isnt a reason to strike.

if it werent for labor abolishing AWA's we wouldnt have had half of this mess.

johnvk7 31-10-2011 03:07 PM

True enough, although, too get a 2mil bonus when share prices are down and then close the airline the next day is not on.
I really think it shouldn't have got this far.
Fair work Australia should have been involved months ago

GTB Liberty 31-10-2011 03:16 PM

That "bonus" has so many performance criteria he'll probably never get it. I think we also have to remember that Joyce took numerous salary hits post GFC.

apg39 31-10-2011 07:07 PM

And the provision of this pay rise he has gotten was that it be in stock options not in cash. Plus it all went ahead in early September not this weekend as the press reports. Probably brought it up at the AGM but was approved a while ago.

Also, apparently by satisfying 2 of the 3 unions it would cost about $300million + these 'guarantees' of work. Pretty certain the carbon tax rort will cost them a bit of money too. Sounds like handing out more money is impossible for Qantas.

Pilots protesting are working 16-17 hours a week, getting paid $230k a year, 6 weeks leave, 25 sick days & discounted travel. I would gladly work for that & won't complain at all.

Master D 31-10-2011 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;622624]That "bonus" has so many performance criteria he'll probably never get it. I think we also have to remember that Joyce took numerous salary hits post GFC.[/QUOTE]

So he deserved a 70% payrise?

My pay didn't go up 70% post GFC

BLUES 31-10-2011 08:10 PM

Yep. He just proved why the Board's decision was justified.

He doesn't set his own salary btw.