Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
You have to remember Joyce was not given a payrise - he was paid a bonus, 98% of shareholders voted YES.
Most shareholders are the big Institutions, to keep there own remunerations why wouldn't they say yes. If they say no a precedent would be set. 61.88 million said no. unfortunately I'm guessing my votes are probably now owned by the 98% (96%) (61.88/1505=0.0411 or 4%) Note base rate, bonus etc its all remuneration.

Following from channel nine re Qantas AGM

"According to proxy results shown at the airline's annual general meeting on Friday, 1.505 billion votes were in favour of the executive remuneration report for the year to June, and 61.88 million votes were against.

The remuneration report included a 71 per cent increase in the value of chief executive Alan Joyce's remuneration, from $2.92 million in 2009/10 to $5.01 million in 2010/11.

Short-term incentives, in the form of share-based payments, made up most of the increase.

The total value of remuneration for the Qantas executives in 2010/11 was $14.44 million, up from $8.91 million in the year before.

Qantas reported a net profit of $250 million for the 12 months to June 30, 2011, more than double the $112 million in the prior corresponding period."

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

sleepy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to sleepy

They aren't moving the company, they are starting up new airlines.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Im gonna stop posting. Been listening to too much 720am. haha
Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Sethor at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Sethor Send a message via MSN to Sethor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
They aren't moving the company, they are starting up new airlines.
And that’s one of the reasons the unions are shitty. Once that airline is setup all flights to & via Asia will be run with Qantas Asia staff which will replace Australian jobs. IMO Alan Joyce is doing the right thing preparing Qantas for the future, there is no way an Australian airline with Australian staffing costs is going to be competitive globally against airlines which have a lower cost base/overheads thru lower taxes & cheaper staff which most Asian & Middle East airlines enjoy.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

^^^ follow that on, so all jobs that are currently done by higher wages in Australia should be now done by lower paid overseas employees. There are now 17 Billion people in the world, so they could find someone else to do your job for less.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
joyce has done the right thing, the problem is with the unions and their demand for pay cheques that are out of parity with other airlines.

imho, unless your working for the minimum wage and in unsafe conditions, there isnt a reason to strike.

if it werent for labor abolishing AWA's we wouldnt have had half of this mess.
qft.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckle View Post
^^^ follow that on, so all jobs that are currently done by higher wages in Australia should be now done by lower paid overseas employees. There are now 17 Billion people in the world, so they could find someone else to do your job for less.
Where did the other 10 billion come from?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethor View Post
IMO Alan Joyce is doing the right thing preparing Qantas for the future, there is no way an Australian airline with Australian staffing costs is going to be competitive globally against airlines which have a lower cost base/overheads thru lower taxes & cheaper staff which most Asian & Middle East airlines enjoy.
qft. To be globally competitive its what has to be done. I dont think its necessarily a good thing but its consumer driven unfortunately, consumers will go for the best (cheapest value proposition) deal.

I would rather Qantas remain a premium airline and charge 10-20% more.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:28 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 207 de View Post
qft. To be globally competitive its what has to be done. I dont think its necessarily a good thing but its consumer driven unfortunately, consumers will go for the best (cheapest value proposition) deal.

I would rather Qantas remain a premium airline and charge 10-20% more.
Bet you wouldn't pay 20% more when it come down to having a personel overseas holiday.

Wake up world, you don't take a job at 17 and work at the same place until yu retire. Job security is found when you do your job well and don't fkn moan about how good someone else has it.

Fck me it starting to look like P-WRX - where labour voters and gay singles meet

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
Wake up world, you don't take a job at 17 and work at the same place until yu retire. Job security is found when you do your job well and don't fkn moan about how good someone else has it.

Fck me it starting to look like P-WRX - where labour voters and gay singles meet
^^This, this, ANDDDDDD this!

Tags
qantas